Categories > Original > Drama

Veronica Keller

by WolfYoukaiRin 0 reviews

It's blade bouncing light off, and up onto the ceiling, only to reflect back into those, deep brown-red eyes... almost making them seem like she was alive... almost...

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-07-09 - Updated: 2006-07-09 - 1140 words - Complete

0Unrated
Veronica whimpered in pain, as the butcher knife cut into her arm... the silver blade was slowly dragged across her wrist. After going all the way across the blue veins that were visible, the blade lifted up.... it came back down, now going from the horizontal line, to make a vertical line up to her shoulder... the razor pressed deep, and cause immense pain for her, she wanted to stop... but couldn't. The blood beaded up on the long thin cut as the blade cut through her tanned skin...

Finally, the knife was pulled from her right arm, only to make the same shape of red on her left one. Her fingers shook uncontrobally, and she was barely able to keep hold of the knife's handle, but she did... Unable to release her tight grasp upon the black plastic handle... She repeated the process... thickening the lines...

Tears welled up in her eyes, and spilt down her cheeks, leaving long streaks of black along her face, as her mascara joined in with the salty liquid that was produced... her brown eyes locked on the red blood, as it trickled down her arms and onto the white tiles of the kitchen floor...

The cuts were so deep, and the pain that shot through her unbearable... but still, she couldn't stop....... Her eyes traced the course of the knife, taking in the scars from cuts long ago, as well as a few fresher ones... would anyone ever notice them? What about the words she had carved into her stomach and legs? Would they be noticed by her piers or parents, now? Or would she still seem so invisible? Little invisible Veronica... The girl with the straight A's, and a zillion friends who never seemed to really notice her or even care....

The knife slipped from her arm...
it's job finished for this part... It dropped to floor with a clank... She sat silently, her body slowly growing cold, and numb. The warm liquid that fell from her arms would stain the floor, and she watched, wondering if her mother would be angered by it.

The tiles were new, imported from Europe... very expensive, and very beautiful, with green vines hand-painted on each individual tile, purple flowers hidden in the vines.... a drop of blood covered one, and she wondered what would be her mother's first thought?

'You've ruined my floor, Veronica.' Her mother would say to her.... no, would shout at her. That would be the first thing the woman would do. It was the first thing she always did... Whether it was Veronica's fault or not....
A sob tore through Veronica lithe form, as she pulled her legs up to her chest, and buried her face in her now bloody hands... She cried, ignoring the feel of her own blood, as it smudged the front of her white shirt... The pain in her arms was beginning to fade.. she knew it was there, but she couldn't feel it... She felt like someone wrapped their arms around her, and pulled her close, but when she moved her fingers to look, everything was blurry, and she could barely make out table that sat not four feet away from her...

With a sniffle, Veronica let her legs drop to the floor, spread out in front of her, as she moved away from the counter, and sat quietly in the kitchen... Her arms dropped to her side, she let out a whimper, and squeezed her eyes shut... when she opened them, there he was... Her angel... her salvation... but he was fading in out of her view, she reached out, her mouth opening, but all that came from her lips was a gasping breath... "Don't go."
She felt her eyelids getting heavy... he disappeared completely... she was alone again... her fingers wrapped around the knife handle, she leaned back onto the floor, her head resting on the cold tile.

Her long blonde hair sprawled around her, as she held the blade up, to look at it... it had drops of blood on it... she wondered if they had fallen on it, or if they were just from when it had been used to tear through her once perfectly tanned flesh.

She gulped back saliva that had collected unwantedly in her mouth.. as it slipped down her throat it left a clogged up feeling.
Had the blood stained her clothes as well as the knife and tiles? Veronica could feel the warm oozing blood as it was soaked up in her shirt, near where her right arm lay lifeless on the floor... Her left hand lifted, almost of it's on accord, and placed the tip of the knife right beneath her ribcage. There was a pause, she could feel the sharp tip pressing against her clothed body... her eyes opened, and she looked up... blue eyes.... He was there again, his hand holding her on the floor, his other on her left one on the knife... "Please..." The word slipped through her glossed lips...

A cry of pain flew through her, as a quick, and hard thrust, pushed the knife down into her. The blade tore through clothe and flesh alike, and jabbed into her, just enough to where she could the turn it slightly, and push it up under her ribs, and towards her heart. The pounding organ, that fought to keep her from running out of blood, but in the end, would be the reason for her death....

She opened her eyes, when had she closed them? Vaguely, Veronica heard the sound of boots clanking, as they walked across the once expensive, amazingly beautiful, but now blood stained tiled floor, and a door opening with a creak. There was a pause, a gasp of breath came from her lips... the metallic taste of blood was in her mouth now... had she pierced her lungs as well? She couldn't breathe... Was it normal to feel this way? Wasn't her life supposed to pass before her eyes before she died? Something warm joined her tears, and fell down from the corner of her mouth to the side of her face.... the door closed, as her eyes became dull and lifeless.
Pale, glassy looking brown eyes, tinted red, stared emptily up at the ceiling... tightly curled blonde hair lay around a pale face, streaked with tears, black make-up and blood.. light reflecting off of golden locks, streams of water, and puddles of blood, giving an eretheal look....

The butcher knife had been pulled out of her body, but lay tightly held in a stiff hand, beside the empty body of the girl, that every one knew as Veroninca Keller, it's blade bouncing light off, and up onto the ceiling, only to reflect back into those, deep brown-red eyes... almost making them seem like she was alive... almost....
Sign up to rate and review this story