Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Snapshot

by mybeautifulromance 0 reviews

Gerard and Frank think they have the perfect relationship. Life finds a way to prove them wrong.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2012-07-10 - Updated: 2012-07-11 - 827 words

0Unrated
[b]Author's Note: I'm writing this from my phone. Pure Frerard fluff.


Chapter One[/b]

[i]One missed call[/i]


Gerard


My heart lurched when his name flashed up on my phone. Every time I saw him, thought about him or heard his voice, my heart threatened to give up on me. My mind rushed through the reasons why he would call while he was at work. I called back. One ring and the call was answered.

"Frank!" A soft voice squealed into the phone. "Why didn't you pick up before?"

"I was kinda at the bathroom if you must know." I replied, blushing even though he couldn't see me. "Anyway, what's up? Why are you calling when it isn't even your lunch break yet?"

"The store is dead today. No one wants to buy skiing clothes when it's 30 degrees outside." Gerard giggled. My heart melted, his laugh was to die for. "Plus, I missed you." He added, sheepishly.

"I only saw you last night, Gee!" I laughed. I didn't really mind him being soppy, I secretly loved it. It made me feel wanted and loved. "But I did miss you too."

"So what do you say to a coffee at the mall after I finish work? I get my pay check today so my treat - no arguments! We can go to Starbucks and I might even buy you a cookie!"

"Sure, that'd be great. I'll drop by after you finish work and pick you up. And a cookie?! What did I do to deserve you?" I said, jokingly but it wasn't actually a joke. I did feel that way about Gerard and had for a while.

"Ha ha, oh sh-, sorry Frank. I gotta go. I can see my boss' car pulling up out front."

"Okay. Bye, Gee. I love you."

"You too. See you after work."

I hung up and placed my phone beside me on the bed. Gerard was always surprising me and treating me but he'd never said those three little words. I love you. After dating for three months, I kinda expected him to say it but he hadn't. I had told Gerard I loved him but all I got back was "back at ya!". It didn't make me love him any less, I just figured he wasn't ready yet. And I was happy to wait.

I looked at my clock. 3:30pm. Gerard finished work at 5 so I had an hour and a half to spare. Gerard had a good job, he started work at 11:30 and finished at 5, then on Saturdays he only did a drop in shift where he counted the stock. Also, I knew that if I ever wanted to go skiing, I'd at least get a discount on the stuff. That was one benefit. I didn't have a job but I volunteered at the local pet store, taking the dogs for a walk on a Saturday morning when Gerard worked. I thought about making it into a business, walking the neighbour's dogs but I never got around to making the posters.

I decided to sort through my old photo albums while I waited for Gerard to finish work. I brought out three bulky albums from the bottom of my closet and placed them side by side on my bed. The first one was a lime green with the words "Frankie's school days and birthdays" wrote on it. I cringed but opened it anyway.

The first photo that greeted me was awful. It was a two year old me, standing on a stair, leaning over a cake with two candles on it, spraying spit everywhere. I grimaced and flipped over the page. The next photo was nearly identical but there were three candes instead of two and my dark brown locks were longer. The photo next to it made me a develop a huge smile. I was stood there outside my preschool with my arm around another boy. His arm was around me too and we both wore beaming grins, although we were a few teeth short being only three years old. I recognized the other boy instantly.

Gerard. He hadn't changed a bit, even though he'd grown taller and broadened out. His raven hair still hung the same around his face and he had kept that cheesey grin. We'd been best friends since preschool and that had carried on through kindergarten, elementry school, middle school, high school...then towards the end of senior year, we finally confessed our feelings for each other. Senior year had just finished but me and Gerard decided not to go to college. Our ony dream was to live a happy life together.

I looked at the clock again. 4:55. We wouldn't be living a happy life if I was late for him! I pulled the photo out of the album and stuffed it in my pocket, I then grabbed my jacket and keys and headed to my car. Then I set off for Gerard.
Sign up to rate and review this story