Categories > Original > Romance

Eternal Rain

by AncientGallifrey 0 reviews

A girl stuggles with the memory of a love she once had.

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2012-07-12 - Updated: 2012-07-12 - 237 words - Complete

0Unrated
The rain steadily pats the cracked pavement. My feet trudge along, with my eyes gazing towards the horizon. However, as far as I walk, the horizon just remains the same. With each drop, I can hear the tender whispers of tears, as it miserably falls onto the ground. In some ways it reflects what I feel, if I can feel anything anymore, even if I am anything anymore. When you left, my life turned cold. As cold as ice, these raindrops of my life froze into a place trapped in time. I can still feel the tenderness of your love, the way we used to be. There it was the joy that would show in your smile as we ran side by side. The way that you would hold me close, as salted tears would drip my eyes. But who would have known, that they would fall forever more? I would never have guessed that the raindrops would reflect my tears; I thought you burned brighter than the sun. I thought that sun would stay lit till the end of time, but I was a fool. I was a fool to think that you ever loved me. In the shadows that remain, all I have is my cracked life. Just like this endless pavement, with my tears eternally raining down. These emotions will immortally wound my heart, as I wander this path till the end of time.

Sign up to rate and review this story