Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Black Ink Love Song {Gabriel Saporta}

Chapter 13 Part 2

by xXEmoEeyoreXx 3 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-07-13 - Updated: 2012-07-14 - 1772 words

0Unrated
Gabe POV

It was almost eleven o’clock at night before Tessa finally left my place. I was working on some new material when she just showed up out of the blue, crying about some guy that fucked her and left her. Her antics were starting to really piss me off.

Sighing, I flopped onto my bed just as my cell phone started ringing from across the room. I groaned, contemplating whether or not to answer it. At the last minute I decided to at least check to make sure it wasn’t anyone important.

I nearly dropped the phone when I saw her name. I never thought Sophie would be calling me. I knew that she was pissed about what I did at the wedding but I didn’t know what else to do at the time.

“Hello?” I said quickly, hoping I wasn’t too late.

“Gabe?” I heard her voice crack as if she was crying.

“Sophie, what’s wrong? Are you okay?”

“I’m sorry for calling this late but I-I- Trav and Kay are-“

“Angel it’s fine, don’t apologize. Just tell me what’s going on.” I pleaded. She was sniffing back tears and I hated hearing it.

“I need your help, please. I was out on a date and this guy wouldn’t let me leave a-and my wrist i-it- I think it’s broken.” Her voice broke at the end of her sentence. I gripped the phone in my hand, trying to steady my breathing as I pinched the bridge of my nose between two fingers. If this dickhead fucking hurt her in any way, I would find him.

“Alright baby, I’ll get you to a hospital. Tell me where you are.” I grabbed my wallet and hurried out of my loft.

She gave me the address of the corner she was at just as I hailed a cab. I could tell she was trying to keep her voice even but was failing miserably.

“Will you please stay on the phone with me, Gabe?” She asked, whimpering almost like a small child.

“Of course, Angel. Now tell me what happened.” It’s probably best that she tell me while I was in the confinement of a taxi. At least I wouldn’t be able to do anything rash.

“A friend of Trav’s set me up on this date but the guy was a total ass. He took me to a restaurant and when I tried to leave, he wouldn’t let me and…” She hesitated. Somehow I new what she was about to say would make or break whether or not I was searching this guy out tonight.

“And..?” I pressed but she remained silent. “Sophie, please tell me. I want to help you but I can’t if I don’t know what happened.”

“He hit me,” She barely whispered, but I heard it loud and clear.

“And your wrist?” I asked through clenched teeth. This guy would be lucky to make it out alive tonight.

“He-um-well- I think he broke it. It hurts like a bitch.” I snapped at the driver, telling him to hurry.

“I’m almost there, just stay put. I’ll be there in two minutes alright? Everything is going to be okay, I promise.” I attempted to soothe her.

“Just hurry, please. I don’t know where he is but I-“ Her voice cut off abruptly.

“Sophie? Sophie!” I called into the phone before pulling it away from my ear only to realize it had died. Fuck!

Less than a minute later, the taxi pulled up at the curb. I tossed the driver a large bill and flew from the backseat.

Before I had a chance to look for her, a pair of slender arms wrapped around my neck as her body crashed into me, sending me back a step or two. She buried her face into my neck and I could feel her tears soaking into my skin.

I wrapped my arms around her small body, hugging her tightly. Her breathing was erratic; her body shaking. Whatever the fucker had done scared her more than I’d imagined.

I tried to pull her away to see how badly she was hurt but she just clung on tighter. She was sobbing uncontrollably and it made my heart ache.

I began rubbing circles on her back, whispering words of comfort in her ear as I picked her up and wrapped her legs around my waist. She was wearing a loose black dress but it was modest and long enough to cover her.

I sat down on a secluded bench with her on my lap, soothing her as she cried. She kept her tight hold on me as she slowly began to calm down. I gently pulled her arms from around my neck, careful not to touch her wrists. She pulled away from my neck but refused to look me in the eye, her hair falling over her face so that I couldn’t see the damage.

Instead of pressing, I looked down at her wrists, gasping at the sight. Her wrist was swollen; the skin bruised purple and black. She yelped, her head snapping up when I touched it gently.

“I’m sorry, Angel! I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt- holy shit.” When I finally got a look at her face, I was horrified. Her cheek was bruised much like her wrist. Dried and fresh blood mixed together stained her bottom lip from where her teeth had cut into the sensitive flesh of her mouth. Tears continued to slowly leak from her eyes.

She flinched back when I was examining her face, embarrassed.

“I’m so sorry,” I knew this wasn’t technically my fault but I felt a need to protect her and I’d failed miserably. “I-I- who the fuck did this to you? I swear to God if he-“ I was abruptly cut off when she pressed her mouth to mine gently, cupping my face with her uninjured hand. I moved my lips along hers slowly so as not to hurt her. She pulled away from the sweet kiss first, smiling slightly.

“Thank you, Gabe, for coming.” I nodded and pressed a comforting kiss to her forehead before standing up, still holding her and not planning on letting go.

“Who did this?” She sighed.

“I don’t remember his name. He was a friend of Martin’s… Ray maybe. I’m not sure” As soon as she said that, I knew exactly who she was talking about. I had met Rich a few times and seemed like a complete tool. Why Martin would set him up with Sophie is beyond my level of comprehension.

“Let’s get you to the hospital,” she moved to get down but I tightened my grip, shaking my head to tell her it wasn’t going to happen. She returned her face to my neck, cradling her broken wrist between our bodies and holding onto my upper arm with her other hand.

Several seconds later, I signaled for a taxi, placing her inside gently before instructing the driver to take us to the nearest hospital.

The drive was short and quiet for the most part. I placed small kisses on her face gingerly as I held her hand, tracing circles on the back of it. The intent was to comfort her, btu I’m sure it did more for me.

As soon as we entered the ER, several nurses looked at Sophie’s condition and glared venomously at me. I wrapped an arm around Sophie’s waist and smiled down at her reassuringly. She seemed to be nervous as hell.

A small nurse came up to us and asked Sophie a few questions before leading her away. She turned to me, her eyes wide.

“You’re not coming?”

The nurse shook her head, “He doesn’t need to, we can talk privately.”

Sophie was stubborn though and walked up to me, grabbing my hand before taking me to the nurse. I sent her a smug grin and squeezed Sophie’s hand.

The nurse glared again but didn’t say anything as she led us to an exam room. As she tended to Sophie’s face and wrist, the nurse listened intently to the story about how Sophie came to be in this condition. I stood patiently beside her, holding her hand as she winced every time the nurse (whose looks sent to me were softening) touched her face.

An X-ray was performed and it turned out her wrist was only fractured and would heal completely. After they set it in a cast and Sophie signed some paperwork, we left.

She grabbed onto my hand as we walked down the sidewalk. “Thank you for doing all of this.” She said quietly.

“Of course, anytime Angel.” I muttered into her skin as I pressed my lips to her temple. She seemed to be deep in thought and I knew I had an apology to make, better late than never I suppose.

“I’m sorry for what happened at my sister’s wedding,” she turned to face me, a look of complete shock overtaking her features. “I didn’t want to have anything to do with Tessa but I brought her along and I couldn’t just leave her, you know?” I wanted desperately for her to understand and forgive me.

She surprised me by laughing loudly, “It’s fine Gabe, really. I’d rather not talk about it right now though.”

I sighed but humored her. She had forgiven me, that’s all I had wanted, right?

“My apartment is only a few blocks away, I can walk from here. Thanks again for coming for me.” She gave me a swift peck on the cheek and began to walk away. Oh hell no.

I grabbed her arm and brought her back to me. “No way are you staying at your apartment tonight. You can come and stay with me.”

“Huh? Why? That’s really not necessary. I’m just fine.”

“You said he picked you up right?” she nodded slowly, “so he might come back for you… since he knows where you live.”

Comprehension seemed to dawn on her as she made an ‘O’ shape with her mouth.

“Come on, let’s get a cab. I’ll stay on the couch and you can have my bed, alright?” Please just do this for me Sophie.

“Alright, thank you.” She smiled gratefully. I sighed in relief and hailed a cab. Hopefully she wouldn’t hate me after tonight.
Sign up to rate and review this story