Categories > Original > Drama > Last Wishes

Last Wishes

by cold_friend 0 reviews

okay here's the deal, an accident happened, and one of them is, well, dying of course, and he leaves one last thing for the other person to do... his last wish...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-07-10 - Updated: 2006-07-10 - 1481 words - Complete

0Unrated
Last Wishes

I knelt down in the middle of the road, staring at my friend who is dying. His words were feeble, and cut off, but as much as possible, I tried to listen. I pulled him up and he sat, his back lying on my arm.

"Promise me, that you'll take care of her, once I'm gone. You'll, have to be, the one, comforting her."

"Yes, alright."

"And, tell her, that I still love her."

After that, he slowly closed his eyes and fell to the ground. "Wait, don't leave yet, NO! NO!" I yelled, but it was too late, he was dead. I felt so guilty of myself because all of this happened because of me, he tried to protect me, and he died in the process. I soon got up and looked at his body for the last time, he couldn't be saved anymore. Then, the ambulance arrived and took him away, even if he wasn't alive anymore.

By the next day, his family and friends had found out. And his family grieved for the loss of their son. His friends, on the other hand, were disheartened and were also sorrowful for the loss of one of them. About 3 days later, the coffin was lowered, and was buried.

His friends had to be the most important thing to him, because he wasn't as close to the family as he was to his peers. Hs friends were silent when I came to meet them, they all bowed their heads, and one girl buried her face to the boy she was with, they slowly embraced and the sobbing lessened. There were more people, another boy with a girl as well, they were both sitting down, their heads bowed. Others were two boys, both are tall, and one fat, the other thin. I saw them as I passed by the room, but I wasn't looking for any of them, I was looking for the last person. A dark skinned girl was sitting by herself in the room, she was cooped up in one corner, and her face was welling up. "Hey." I called. She didn't answer. Suddenly, I felt like I was in a different world, or dimension to say the least. I couldn't control myself, but I saw what was happening. It was like I was drunk.

About a day later, I went to see her again, she was still quiet, never said a word, but I had to tell her what he last said for her.

"Listen to me, do you know what really happened?"

She nodded her head, meaning no.

"He was a good friend, he died, because," I paused, and looked at her. Then I stared at he ceiling.

"Because of what?" She asked me, her voice still groggy.

"He tried to protect me."

After I said that, her face shot up at me, giving a surprised glare.

"But before he did die, he told me something that he had to tell you."

"What is it?" She asked in a feeble voice.

"That he said, he loves you." She burst into tears when I told her that, and I came up closer to her, "He also told me, this, that I have to protect you like he did to me, so I owe him that." I patted her back and she felt slightly more comfortable. I pulled her into a hug and she placed her face on my shoulder.

"I didn't know that he cared that much for his friends, there was something about him, he was nice from the beginning to the end, how could I live like this." She said groggily, her tears scrambled her words.

"I didn't see it coming as well. I guess you should see your friends as much as possible 'cause you don't know if it's be your last day. I wished that it didn't hit his heart, I wished that I was shot, rather than him, they were after me, but I didn't know why, and I couldn't recognize any of them, but, I'm sorry for your loss."

"I just wish he were here right now..."

"Not to be pessimistic and all but, I don't think he can. But, he asked me to do something for you, that's why I'm here right now. He's trusted me with you, and I owe him that."

"Why are you acting like you're him?"

"He wanted me to. I don't think he's ever been like this towards you, but he wants to. And the last thing he would want is to see you a wreck, like what you are now, so you could do him a favor and fight it."

"You're right, I guess." She said, while wiping away her tears. "Let's go see the others." She said standing up.

"That's a great idea, you know."

She looked at me and I smiled back. I think I'm starting to like her. Now I know how he first felt.


I went out with them today, we went to an amusement park. Turns out that they're getting over it. I held her hand and told her that I have something to tell her.

"Yeah, we'll be over at the food court."

"And we'll be at the Ferris wheel. Let's go guys!"

We took a table and sat down.

"So what did you want to tell me about?"

"I, wait, I wanted to," I stammered.

"To what? Just tell me, you can tell me anything."

"Huh, I'm reminding you of him, right?"

"Oh, yeah, kind of, ever since he told me of how I was acting." She laughed. I smiled when she laughed. "I remembered what he last told me on our last day," She breathed deeply, now she was serious. "He told me how he felt, he told me, he loves me." She stared blankly, and frowned.

"Okay, so you remembered him that way, but I have something important to tell you."

I cleared my throat. "I never thought it would happen, I never knew possible, but, I,"

"You what?"

"I, like you."

"I like you too, you know."

"No, it's not like that."

"You mean,"

"Yes. I do."

I stood up and sat beside her.

"I liked you too."

"You did? I'm surprised."

"Surprised, don't you mean happy?"

"Right."

We hugged each other tightly.

"I... love you."

"I love you too."

I looked at her, and tilted my face towards her, and we kissed for the first time. I suddenly thought that he was watching over us, and even if I was the one kissing her, he was still happy that she's safe with me in my arms.

'You're right about that.'

'Who was that?'

'The guy that saved you.'

'Oh, hey.'

'I knew who you really liked, but you ended up with her.'

'Yeah, I'm still wondering why.'

'Life has some crazy twists and turns, don't you think?'

'I agree. But, wait.'

'What?'

'Why in the first place do we have this mind link?'

'I guess because you were the one I left my unfinished business to. So, this is the last we meet until then.'

'WHAT THE! WHY?'

'You've done everything I wanted to happen, so this is goodbye.'

'You're leaving me again.'

'You can live on your own, little one.'

'Okay, you're sounding like my mentor.'

'I'm your guardian-'

'Angel, I get it.'

A/N:

'But this doesn't make much sense.'

'Explain.'

'You're supposed to be my hikari, and I'm supposed to be your yami, but I'm YOUR guardian angel, and I'm supposed to be darkness.'

'I think all we have to blame is the crazy Yu-Gi-Oh addict author.'

'You're right. And I have to get going already.'

'Fine. Leave already.'

'If you don't want me to, I could stay.'

'No, just go.'

'Yugi?'

'Atemu?'

'It kinda is a moment.'

'Uh, don't you think the girls are staring right at us.'

'Huh, where?'

'Uh, over there.'

'Yaoi fangirls!'

'0.o'

'Can't believe they like this stuff.'

'One of them is staring seductively at us, she might be thinking it's kinky.'

'Wait, I recognize that face, it's 0.o'

'WHO IS IT- 0.o'


'Wait a sec, I thought this was a mindlink. Then how could they be watching us, or seeing you?'

'Those are the readers...'

'Oh. Okay, last thing, the author meant to tell everyone that the main characters are based on real people, and the plot is based on nothing but the author's imagination. And I still have a crazy grudge on the author for trying to kill my real life basis character on three different fics.'

'Don't forget, he almost really died in real life, remember?'

'Oh, the pool incident.'

'That's where the dog nickname came from.'

'Now that that's settled...'

'What're you thinking?'

'Puzzleshipping...'

'No, don't.'

'Hey, no lemons or limes allowed, fluff, yes.' A voice said from nowhere...

'Too bad for you, anyways it would've been onesided.'

'Yeah, I know.'
Sign up to rate and review this story