Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Let's Kill Tonight

Give 'Em Hell Kid

by Kaleidoscope_Eyes 2 reviews

No. Not forever. We could fix this. Trick was working on the solution, we would figure it out.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Published: 2012-07-15 - Updated: 2012-07-16 - 1068 words - Complete

0Unrated
After a few weeks of training Brendon was doing really well. I wasn’t checking in on Mikey’s progress. I didn’t want to think about him out there fighting the bloodsuckers. He was only 17! Gerard was right though, he did need to know self-defense. Even worse was the fact that I thought about Jo. I still wouldn’t let Pete train her, but that didn’t stop him from pestering me about it.

I sat on the roof, trying to ignore everything that was going on around me. All of us were only teens, forced to grow up to fast in an unforgiving world. Gee was the oldest of our group at 21 but that still wasn’t that old. Jo and I were only 19, just turned adults. It was hard to think about.

The world had gotten so screwed up; nightmares had become reality. Most people, instead of fighting back, just let it happen. They were too terrified to actually do anything and let the world change forever.

No. Not forever. We could fix this. Trick was working on the solution, we would figure it out.

I heard the squeak of the door opening and turned to see Patrick walking towards me. “You ready to go run some tests?” he asked.

I nodded my head and he helped me up. Trick and I had made an unspoken pact that we wouldn’t tell the others when we were going to run tests on Ryan. We’d already run a few that all proved inconclusive.

When we got to Ryan’s ‘house,’ Patrick started pulling out syringes and test tubes from a large bag he carried. He had allowed me to start taking weapons with me, just as a precaution. I felt the knife in my boot, resting snugly against my leg and felt reassured. If anything were to go wrong in this test I would be able to kill the bastard.

Patrick took out a little vial from his pocket and loaded it into the syringe. He never told me exactly what we were doing until we got there.

Ryan sat at the dining table quietly. He didn’t say anything, just let Patrick get on with his work. Patrick turned Ryan’s arm over and stuck the needle into a dark blue vein. Ryan winced and relaxed immediately.

“Ok this is probably going to feel a little weird,” Patrick explained.

“What exactly did you do?” I asked, curious.

“Well, I just injected him with a formula I made. If I did it correctly his sense of smell will have decreased greatly.” I looked at him quizzically. Why was it so important that his sense of smell would decrease? He must have read the confusion on my face because he went on. “If he doesn’t smell as well then he doesn’t smell the blood. That way he won’t be tempted so much and he hopefully won’t want to drink blood.” Made sense. “Jack, could you come here?” I took a step closer, raising an eyebrow.

“What…?”

“I want you to stick your arm under his nose.”

I stared at him incredulously. “What!? No! It’s your experiment, you do it!”

He looked at me with a pleading gaze. “I don’t have the reflexes you do. If he suddenly tries to bite, you’ll be able to get out of it quicker than I would.” I glared at him, but he was right.

I grabbed the knife out of my boot. “If you so much as make one move towards me, I will not hesitate to cut out your jugular,” I threatened Ryan before sticking out my arm and watching his face for a reaction.

His pupils dilated and I could hear his breathing hitch. He bit on his lip to keep from snapping at me. I saw blood trickle from the self-made wound. I pulled my arm back before he got the chance to make a move.

“It didn’t work,” I said to Patrick.

He nodded his head and wrote something down on a sheet of paper. He pulled out another syringe and a test tube. This time he took blood from Ryan.

“If you’re dead, how is it that you have blood circulating in your veins?” I was genuinely curious. It was something that had always confused me. The vampires were supposed to be dead, so how was it that there was blood circulating without a beating heart?

“I actually really don’t know.” Another of life’s mysteries.

“I don’t think that vampires are actually dead. I think that when they’re bitten the virus temporarily stops their heart.” Patrick explained.

“Then how are they able to walk around and perform daily functions? The heart pumps the blood, the blood carries the oxygen to the brain, and the brain needs the oxygen to work. If it doesn’t get it then your body doesn’t work,” I countered. It made sense, he couldn’t deny that.

“I think that it’s part of how the virus works.” He put the test tube, now full of Ryan’s blood, back into his bag.

I sighed. “Well, how do you explain how the vamps can bring the dead back to life?”

“I think that’s also part of how the virus works. I think it’s able to temporarily reanimate dead flesh.”

“So, what, it’s able to preserve the body without needing the heart or any other vital organs to function?” I asked, still not believing him.

“Yes, that’s why I took some of Ryan’s blood. If I can study a sample of it, I might be able to figure this thing out. It’ll also mean we won’t have to come down here as often.” I relaxed my shoulders at that. That was a good thing. I didn’t want to be down there with that bloodsucker within arm’s length of me. “We will have to come down sometime next week though. I’ve got one more test I want to run.”

I sighed and relented. “Fine, whatever.”

“We’ll come Tuesday then.” Patrick stated.

What's gonna happen? Hmmmm? Hehehe. I'm soo excited for next chapter to be posted. Please review! I'm barely getting any reviews on this and I would really appreciate them. Anyways, I really hope you enjoyed this chapter :)
Sign up to rate and review this story