Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > What is Love?

What is Love?

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

When Gerard meets a strange boy, he stumbles onto something he never thought he would. {Might be a continued oneshot}

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-07-25 - Updated: 2012-07-25 - 668 words

2Exciting
I stood outside the store on break, smoking a cigarette like any other day. People passed me, a few giving me dirty looks.

And, like any other day, I ignored them all. But today wasn't any other day. Something felt...off. Like there was...this tingle in the air.

It was something I couldn't place my finger on. Something I didn't understand. With a sigh, I stubbed the butt against the bottom of my shoe and tossed it in the trash.

Jay, my boss, looked at me then the clock as I strolled back behind my counter. "New record. Only took five minutes. You still have ten minutes..." He trailed off, scanning the woman's drink and swiping her card.

I leaned against the clear glass and stared up at the ceiling. "What else do I have to do with my life? Wake up, eat, smoke. Get dressed, work, smoke. Go home, eat, smoke. Then the next day, it starts all over." Jay laughed.

We had this talk nearly every week now. "Dude, you need to get laid somewhere in between that." He gave the woman a sly roll of the eyes, getting a laugh.

"Ah yes. By my imaginary boyfriend?" I scowled at Jay. He rolled his head to look at me and stuck his tongue out.

"I don't get what the hard part is with that. Dude, you're hot. Use it. You could have any guy you want. Yet you just stay here and whine about not having anyone." I sighed, knowing he was right.

"The thing is I don't want just any guy. I want THE guy. The one who'll always be there. I want love, not a booty call like someone." I shoved his shoulder lightly.

"Dude." He groaned. "I need a booty call." I gaped at him.

"Ew!" I laughed, pushing him further away from me. The door pinged open again, making us both look up.

A short, skinny boy walked in, his black hair shining in the harsh lights of the gas station. He went to the back to the fountain drinks and pulled a cup. Jay leaned closer to me, his lips brushing my ear. "There ya go. He's cute."

"Uh..." A soft, deep voice made us look. The guy was standing in front of the counter, the cup and cash on the glass top. I shoved Jay away from me, making him flail to the far side of the check out booth.

"Sorry about that." I rang him up quickly. "He has boundary issues." The guy laughed.

I felt the air tingle again. My heart raced slightly in my chest. "It's okay Gerard." I blinked in shock.

After a second, I remembered my name tag. My cheeks burned as I handed him his change.

I placed it in his palm, my fingers brushing his soft skin. When I pulled away, my fingers felt like I'd just held them over a lighter. He crammed the money in his pocket and grabbed his drink.

Without another word, he turned and left. I let out a breath I didn't realize I'd been holding and looked up at a smiling Jay. "What?"

He just shook his head and started to wipe down the counter. I stared at my fingers.

They were still hot as fuck, but it didn't really hurt now. The guy's face flew through my mind again, making my heart beat faster.

I hadn't even asked him his name. The sudden urge to slam my head into the glass was nearly over powering.

Instead, I groaned and got back to work, restocking the shelves until my shift was over.

The air still tingled around me.




New! R+R cause you know you wanna. I might not be able to update quite as much this week. I'm goin to WCC's grill out this Saturday and I will hopefully be selling some stuff to get money for Ahn-con.

Other than that, I'm not really busy for a couple days. Anyway...

Hugs and Strawberries,
- Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story