Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > What is Love?

Ow

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

The tales of concussions and hospitals

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-07-25 - Updated: 2012-07-26 - 1015 words

0Unrated
Frank. I smiled to myself again as I slipped out the door for work.

I've smiled a lot in the last two days. The shadowy alley welcomed me with shade from the afternoon sun.

When I got to the station, I held the door open for a small, elderly man. He thanked me and hobbled in. "Whoa! Look who took a one-eighty! I swear if you show up in a pink shirt tomorrow, I'll kiss you." Jay traunted me.

"Aw promise?" I grinned, rolling my eyes. "Never. I hate pink. I've just been in a good mood." I shrugged.

"Since that guy came in?" He questioned, poking my shoulder as I pinned on my name tag.

"That guy's name is Frank." He blinked at me. "I ran into him last night."

"Oh! Ran. Into. Him." He punctuated each word with a thrust of his hips into the air.

"Ya know what, I'm in too good a mood for you too ruin it. But no, we didn't do that." I shook my head and looked away.

"You're in love!!!" Jay sang. I sighed and slipped around the end of the counter.

"You're an idiot. And focus. The work rush is gonna start soon." I flicked his forehead.

"Oh, be careful! I just-" I slipped and fell back, my head hitting the floor hard.

"OW!" My hand flew to the back of my head. My thin fingers were covered in blood. "Shit dude I'm bleeding. Bad." I sat up and pressed my palm to my head.

"Fuck dude!" He helped me up. "Come on." He dragged me to the front door, locking them behind us. "I'm takin you to the hospital."

My head was so light I didn't even argue. This was bad. "Kay." I climbed into his old car willingly.

"See, this is what happens when you're happy, dude. It fucks up the balance if the universe." He tried to joke about it.

I was trying to not pass out. In ten minutes, we were set in an office, me dozing off slightly, sitting on the table thing. Jay's knee was bouncing, making his shoe squeak quitely.

Finally, the aging man came in, his glasses nearly falling off his nose. He looked like an old Mikey. "Okay, let's see what we have here." He wrapped his gloved hands lightly around my wrist and moved my hand away. "Oh my!"

He poked his head out the door and called for help. Two nurses ran in, both with white boxes. One gasped, her face paling. "What happened?" The man asked, shining a light in my eyes.

"Slipped. Fell." Something sharp pressed against my scalp. "Oh God." The room spun, my face feeling hot.

I nearly passed out right there. Or vomited. Which ever. Probably both.

Jay's hand closed around mine as they stuck needles in me in many places. "Gerard Way." He answered a question I hadn't heard.

I was slowly slipping into shock. Hands and voices blurred into the same thing as I was moved in different places and asked to do many different things.

At one point, I vaugely remember changing into one of those stupid gowns, thanking whoever was out there that I wear boxers. When I finally came around enough to function as a human, my mom and brother were staring at me, needles were stuck in my arm and my head hurt. Bad.

"What happened? Where'd Jay go?" I looked around, blanching when my eyes fell to my arm.

"He had to go back to work. He said he'd fill in for you as long as he needs to." Mom hugged me.

"Ow." I breathed as my head moved on the stiff pillow.

"You have fifty stitches and a concussion, dude." Mikey said as mom let go. "The doctor said that if they'd waited a few more minutes, you would have bled to death."

"Lovely. Now go get the guy or someone. My head fuckin hurts." I groaned, trying to not move.

A few minutes later, the same man came in and gave me a longer version of what Mikey had told me, sticking a needle into the tube that was hooked up to my arm.

"What about work?" I asked dully, my head already feeling better. He smiled.

"A couple days. I suggest at least three." I groaned, my head getting foggy. "And I'd like to hold him here tonight, just to be sure he won't slip into a coma."

I blinked. "Still here dude." I said bitterly. I hate when stupid ass doctors talk about you like you're not right in front of them. Bastards.

Not how I wanted to spend my night. I'd rather be moping up vomit in the men's room at work than be here.

The man next to me kept telling stories about his ten kids. In detail.

About an hour before visiting hours were over, I felt the air tingle. The door opened and in walked Frank.

I blinked at him. "Hey man. Your boss told me you were here. What the hell happened?" He closed the curtian between me and the man and pulled the chair up to the side of the bed.

"Why'd you come though? Not that I'm not happy to see someone other than Mr. Ten-kids." I muttered, making him laugh.

"I wanted to see my new friend." I felt my heart squeeze, the monitor graphing it.

"Oh. Well, aparently Jay didn't put out the wet floor sign. Thanks for coming, by the way. I might not be the best person to talk to. I'm pretty drugged." He laughed again softly.

"That's fine. I just wanted to be sure you were still alive." I sighed.

"Doesn't feel like it." I yawned deeply. He smiled.

"You're tired." He breathed. I already felt my eyes closing. "Night Gerard. I'll see ya around."

Something soft touched my forehead. His lips?

My body was too heavy to move. I was already out.






Ah people in hospitals. Never know what's gonna happen in them.

I hate em, personally. Either way, third chapter up!

Hugs and Dentures,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story