Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Tale of Two Killjoys

Trouble

by Skyisnotthelimit 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2012-07-27 - Updated: 2012-07-27 - 3316 words

0Unrated


Kilo's POV

We pulled into the drive and Sky happily jumped out of the car and ran towards the Die-ner, leaving the rest of us in the car. She laughed as she yanked the door open.

“Party Poison!” she yelled. Once the girls, Chem, and I got out of the vehicle, I jogged up to the building, chasing Sky in.

“Is he in there?” I yelled at her.

“Of course he’s fucking in here!” She returned, she then proceeded to tackle the red-head in a hug. I could hear them laughing in the room in front of me and I walked in happily. Seeing them on the floor in a tangled mess of limbs, my grin reaching my ears.

“Party! I missed you!” she said to him laughing and messing up the flaming hair on his head.

“I missed you too sugar!” he chuckled, pushing her off. He then jumped up and ran at me to tackle me as well.

“Ah! Be careful, I’m like a delicate flower”, I cower. He then tackles me in the hug and I embrace it happily.

“Delicate my ass!” he laughs. “Ghoul! Get in here and bring Kobra and Je. We gotta group hug goin’!” All the guys then came running in and joins in. Grace came out of nowhere and jumped on me from behind. I found myself on the floor with a mess of people piled on top of me.

“Arg! No dogpiles!” I screamed. They all suddenly obeyed and removed themselves. I could hear Sky, her girls and Chem laughing hysterically. Once they got over their laughing fit, Sky asked me a question.

“Kilo will you go take these people shooting. I wanna talk to Party.”

“Okie Dokie!” I smiled and brushed the dirt off my jeans.

“Thanks, Kilo. I love ya for it”, she said as she hugged me. Then she took Party into another room to talk with him. I turned around to the group I was assigned to go shooting with.

“Okay, sk’go guys”, I said leading the group out the door. I found my way to the dumpster behind the building and dug out some cans. I then put them in a plastic bag and lead the group to a collection of big rocks over the hill.

“Can you guys help me set up?” I asked as I started to place some cans on the rocks In front of us.

“Sure!” Kobra and Jet said in unison. As we set up the cans, or targets, Ghoul and Chem entertained the girls. Ghoul made faces at them, receiving some girly giggles. And Chem wiggled his hands together, creating odd shadows on the sand. I smiled at the sight.

“Okay! All set up! Does anyone need a gun, I have extra’s”, I said motioning to my messenger bag that hanged from my sunburnt shoulder. Everyone pulled out their guns. “Okay, that’s a negative”, I say to myself. I hear Chem chuckle at my remark and I blush.

Everyone gets in a line to fire and raise their ray gun to aim. “So do we need to like count down or-“, I was interrupted by the shrill noise of blasts. “Shit!” I exclaimed as I cowered from the sudden fire. Once again I heard a laugh from Chem.



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ONE HOUR LATER xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



“Hey, kids! Come back in!” Sky yelled from Die-ner. We all raced back to the building and ran into the front room. The smell of a meal reached my nostrils. “I made real food!” Sky exclaimed as she placed a huge bowl of spaghetti on the counter.

“Thank you mommy”, Ghoul joked as all of smashed into a line to get our share.

“Oh shut up, Ghoul. I know you don’t eat Power Pup!” Sky accused.

“Awe! I wanted to help cook! “Grace said. Next thing I knew, I was being pulled aside by her.

“Everyone eat, but save some for Kilo, please!” She yelled to the others. She then turned back to me and hushed her voice. “Kilo, I have to ask you something”, she said seriously. My face fell from my smile and I stared at her intently.

“Yeah sure”, I return just at quietly.

“Um, I’m pretty sure I’m sending you and Chem to save a girl. She is stuck and starving, but you’ll have to go the city.” I thought about it for a moment and sighed.

“Alright, sounds cool. Is it alright for me to be nervous?” I said awkwardly.

“Be as nervous as you would like, Kid”, she smiled. “Chem will take care of you”, she then handed me a pill. “But if something goes wrong swallow this before they get you, it will freeze your body pretty much and when they trash you, you can get out okay. Chem has one too. My friend, Rage, will take care of ya too, if you meet up with him.”

“Okay thanks, Grace”, I said smiling happily. She smiled back and patted me on the back.

“Now, Kilo, go get some grub and Sky will talk to you more after you get done. I get my orders directly from Dr. D. because I help him out during the day. Sky doesn’t know yet but I’m gonna tell her while we eat”, she continued. “Enjoy your pasta!” she exclaimed as she hugged me. She then walked over to Ghoul and sat down next to him with her own plate of pasta.

After I got my own share, I walked over to Chem and sat next to him. I could see him trying to avoid eye contact with me. I ignored it and continued to eat.

“How’s the food?” Sky asked.

“It’s great! I haven’t had real food for a while”, I replied fondly.

“Good. Glad you like it! Kilo? Can I have a word with you and Chem after you finish?” Sky asked.

“Yeah sure”, I said looking at Chem and then back at my food. I listened to the conversations around as I finished my meal. After I finished I put my plate into the sink and walked over to Sky, who was leaning on a wall, patiently waiting.

“You wanted to talk?” I asked. She nodded and turn towards me.

“Okay, I know Grace talked to you”, she paused for a moment to wait for Chem to join us and actually listen. “Anyway, you two have to leave tonight to get to the city on time. It’s around-“ she then looked out the window to determine the time, “…about 6 p.m. now. So pack your things and if you have a problem, come find me and only me before you leave”, she looks at us with a dead serious face. “These drag-queens”, she gestures to the guys, “ain’t gonna know shit about this, okay you two?” Chem and I looked nervously at each other and then nodded at Sky. “Now get outta here you two! Chem, take care of her, she is important!” she yelled at him. He nodded and smiled at me. I smiled back and headed towards the back to pack some things. He followed behind me. Once I entered the room, I grabbed my messenger bag and packed some supplies. He did the same. I heard him sigh. He was just a perfect human being. I didn’t care that I just met him. He was charming, handsome, and clever. I sat on one the cots in the room and waited for him to finish. I got up and started to walk out of the room when he turned around and bumped into me.

“Sorry”, we both said at the same time. He blushed towards the ground and walked quickly out of the room. I followed him and we walked out to the front room. We headed towards the door.

“Bye Sky!” I yelled as Chem opened the front door.

“Bye sweet heart! Radio me when you are on your way, Chem” she hollered back. I walked out the door and walked to the passenger side of Chem’s car. We both got in the car and started the engine. We drove in the moonlight in silence, until I decided to make things less awkward.

“Sooo…how many mission have you been on?” I asked. He kept his gaze on the desert.

“By myself or with Sky?” he returned.

“By yourself, I guess.”

“Oh a good 20 or so. Only been out of Sky’s place a year or so. What ‘bout yourself, sugar?” He asked with a suave tone. I giggled at the nickname, feeling my face redden.

“Uh, I’ve kinda just…started. So none…I guess”, I said trying to sound just as cool but it didn’t, because I’m not a very cool person.

“Nervous then?” he asked.

“Yes, very”, I replied as I chuckled. He smiled fondly and laughed, then reached for the radio.

“It’s okay, sugar. I gotcha now”, the words poured from his mouth like honey. I blushed and looked at my twiddling thumbs.

“So, tell me about yourself, Kilo”, he said smiling shyly.

“Well, I’ve been kinda hangin’ out in a junk yard, collecting supplies and delivering them to killjoys in need. Then Sky came along when I was in some shit and she rescued me.”

“She does that. That whole heroic thing, right where you need her, when you need her.”

“Yeah, it’s really cool how she kinda mothers everyone. It’s something we all need, being out here and all”, I replied looking out into the darkness.

“Well, you know she never had a mother herself. Right when her mom died and an hour after she was born, her aunt took her in. But she blamed Sky for the death of her sister. When they took over, her aunt just handed Sky over to them to be tortured. She made up how Korse got her but everything else is true anyway”, he replied.

“Oh, that’s horrible. She’s been through so much”, I said sadly.

“Yeah, I know her life. I lived in it. Anyway, I know about you”, he said giving me a wink and a toothy grin.

“There’s not much to know, I’m sure Sky told you. I grew up as an orphan, and then BLi got me, tried to tame me, but failed. Then Party and his gang saved me”, I replied.

“No hidden talents? Come on, I now there is more to you than your past, sugar”, he said. Once again, my face went red from the nickname.

“Well, I’m pretty good with computers”, I chuckled. “Sky sometimes calls me a nerd.”

“Well, nerds are cute in my opinion”, he smiled.

“What ‘bout you, your talents?” I asked.

“Ah, I play bass, or I used to before BLi came along and ruined everything. And I’m pretty good at shooting shit, and I’ve been taught to make bombs”, he replied.

“That’s really cool. The shooting thing is always good, everyone except me seems to be good at it”, I sighed.

“I could help you with that”, he said smiling slyly. I blushed again, and smiled at my hands. It was too hard for me to look into those beautiful eyes.

“Thanks, that’d be really cool”, I said avoiding his gaze. There was a short moment of tranquil silence until he spoke again.

“…So can I tell you something?” he asked, staring at me intently when his eyes weren’t on the road. I stared right back into his hazel eyes with a sincere face.

“Sure, go ahead”, I replied.

“Look, we live in dangerous days”, he stopped and looked down, blushing. “I have to tell you, because we don’t know how long we got out here, I might not have to tomorrow, I don’t know”, he paused again to think about his words. “And…uh…”, he cleared his throat, then proceeded. “I…uh….like...you.”

I stared at him with wide eyes for a moment, trying to process what I just heard. Did those words really flow out of his mouth? Am I hearing this right? I took a deep breath and replied.

“…I-I like you too, Chem…a-a lot”, I said shakily. I then smiled and looked straight into his gorgeous swirling eyes. He then placed his hand on top of mine.

“I’m not letting you go”, he said smoothly.

About a minute later, we pulled up in front of the scarecrow unit. We both got out of the car and readied out ray guns for any trouble.

“We are after a young killjoy named Masked Bandit”, he remarked.

“Okay, so what’s the plan?” I asked fixing my belt.

“Um, you go straight to the back entrance, I guess. I’ll will distract them, she is waiting at the back so this shouldn’t be too hard”, he replied as he tied his bandana around his face, covering his mouth and nose.

“Okay”, I said as I began to run towards the back of the building, but I stopped for minute. “Hey, Chem!” I holler back.

“Yeah?”

“Be careful, Hun”, I smiled.

“You too, sugar!” he said blushing before running inside the building. I then continued to the back, stopping whenever I passed a window or door to duck down or look for anyone. I finally made my way to the back entrance and quietly pushed the door open. I carefully stepped inside, cautious of my noise.

“Bandit?” I yell whispered.

“Yeah? Who’s there?” she returned. I kept walking towards her voice.

“It’s Killer Kilo, Sky sent me”, I replied. Suddenly, I felt someone tug at my shirt. I turned around to teenager hiding behind a fake tree in a pot. “Hey”, I smiled. “Come on, let’s get outta here.” She grinned happily and then took my hand. I led her out and ran to the front.

“Chem!” I yelled.

“Yeah?” he said while running out of the front door.

“Let’s go”, I replied. He gave me a thumbs up and jumped into the driver’s seat. I opened the door and let Bandit into the back, then I got in. Chem looked back to back out and smiled at the teen.

“Hi’ya Bandit! Nice to meet you”, he grinned and the spun the car around, resulting in me grabbing his hand. He looked at it and then smiled at me, I smiled back. Chem then smashed the gas and we were off. “Is everyone alright?”

“Yeah, I think we’re good, what ‘bout you?”

“Yeah, I think so. So, Bandit, tell us about yourself”, he asked.

“Well, I’m 14 and uh… I don’t know”, she paused for a second and giggled. “…Are you guys going out or something?” I blushed the hardest in my life, I could feel a sweat bead roll between my shoulder blades.

“…Uhhhh”, it was all I could say, I could see Chem glance over me in the corner of my eye, I couldn’t look at him. He laughed light-heartedly.

“I guess we are!” he said squeezing my hand. My head whipped around to meet his eyes; my mouth was slightly hanging open.

“…Yeah…I guess, we are”, I said, a smile tugged at my lips. My fingers laced with his and he winked at me.

“So! Bandit, back to you!” he exclaims, for a moment I forgot she was there sitting behind us.

“Oh well, I’m sure Sky told you but whatever. You probably don’t wanna hear a sob story so I won’t tell you one. BLi took me when I was really young. But there was always this spirit, raging inside of me. Like I wanna fight, y’know? I figured out they were the enemy. I heard Dr. D one day and I was set. That’s pretty much it, about my past”, she explained.

“What about your parents, kid?” Chem asked.

“I don’t know. Like I said, I was taken when I was young. So I don’t remember, I guess”, she said playing with the hole in her jeans.

“Oh sorry, kid. Well, we are almost at the Die-ner”, he replied. Just then he floored it, I held onto the side of the seat with my free hand. I felt Chem’s hand tightened around mine, reassuring me. He then reached for the radio. “Hey, we are coming back, tell Sky.”

“Uh, kid, she is gone. She went to the city to blow up some sorta BLi building”, Dr. D’s voice cracked through the car speakers. I felt a bit a worry in my gut, but I knew she was fine. She had to be.

“I bet she’s having fun. She enjoys that stuff so much”, I said trying to lighten the atmosphere.

“Uh, well thanks, Dr. D”, Chem said tuning off. “So true, she is crazy”, he smiled.

“Crazy in an awesome sense”, I laughed. “She’s so wise beyond her years, it’s ridiculous.”

“Yeah, she’s like 23 or 25 or something”, he chuckled. I brushed a purple lock of hair out of my face and then saw the Die-ner coming up in view. I turned around to talk to Bandit.

“Are you excited to see everyone?” I asked.

“Yeah! It’s gonna be totally awesome!” she exclaimed. I chuckled at her enthusiasm.

“You bet it is!” I said gently nudging her on the leg, and then I turned back forward.

“You too are such girls”, Chem joked. I punched him in the arm lightly.

“Oh really?” I smiled.

“Yeah”, he grinned slyly. I snorted and he laughed at it. We then pulled up to the Die-ner. I got out and let the teenager out. We all started to walk towards the building. “We need to talk to Party. Sky’s never gone after dark.

“I know; I’m a bit worried. Come on”, I grabbed Bandit’s hand and led her into the building. “Party! You in here?” I shouted. Chem grabbed my hand, and dragged me and Bandit to Kobra, whom was leaning against a wall with his head in his hand, obviously thinking.

“Hey, Kobra, where are they at? Party and Sky?” Chem asked, a little more commanding if you ask me. A worried look was painted on the older man’s face.

“Uh…they are in the …uh, back”, Kobra said shakily, his voice slightly hushed. I looked at the boy holding my hand with worry, and then I look back at Kobra.

“Okay, thanks for the info, Korba”, I said. He nodded slightly and gave me a pat on the back before slowly walking over to a booth in the front room to sit down. He hung his head as walked.

“Chem…” I said looking at Kobra sitting down.

“He is lying through his teeth, Kilo. Chill, they are together. I’m sure they are fine, they’ll be back soon”, he said to reassure me, but I could hear the worry in his voice. He didn’t hide it well; I could read him like a book. He was just worried as I was. I looked down at Bandit and gave her a weak smile.

“How about you go sit with Kobra? He’s super cool and nice”, I said kindly. She nodded and let go of my hand, then walked over to the man and sat down across from him. I looked back at Chem and bit my lip. Something flickered through his eyes. Sadness? Fear? Maybe both. My grip tightened on his hand. He then engulfed me in a hug; I rested my head on his shoulder. Taking a deep breath, I inhaled his scent and closed my eyes.

So how'd you guys like? please R&R :D
Sign up to rate and review this story