Categories > Anime/Manga > Ranma 1/2 > The Shinobi of Legends

The Shinobi of Kirigakure

by CrossoverFanatic 0 reviews

Flashback, Old Friends, New Enemies...?

Category: Ranma 1/2 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Ranma - Published: 2006-07-10 - Updated: 2006-07-11 - 4639 words

0Unrated
The Shinobi of Legends

By CrossoverFanatic

Chapter 10 - The Shinobi of Kirigakure

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters who are originally from Ranma 1/2 or Naruto... even if I could own them, I'd much rather prefer to just create my own characters that can rival them in every shape and form.

In any case, original characters in this chapter consist of Hyuuga Natsumi, and Uchiha Haruko, and they do belong to me. Maybe I should copyright these characters, too bad I have no idea how to copyright something (I'm just that dumb and clueless).

Summary: Flashback, Old Friends, New Enemies...?
======================
"characters talking"

'characters thinking'
======================
"Alright, we finally found these guys, so here's what we're going to do..." Natsumi knelt down and began drawing up a strategy on the ground, until a tap on the shoulder forced her to stop and look up. "What?" She asked Ranma, who simply pointed at the five Kaguyas... or at least the spot where they last stood, "Ummm, Natsumi... they sorta heard you and ran away."

"......!!!" With her right eye twitching, she quickly activated her Byukugan and began scanning the area, "Alright, two of them went towards the forest, two others went ran to the mountain area, and the last one went to the lake." She started running after the two in the mountains and shouted back, "Well, don't just stand there like a couple of stoned monkeys, go after the rest!!!!!!"

"Well, you heard the lady, Kaijuu-chan," Ranma told the small girl, as they ran towards the opposite direction, to the forest area, "Go after that guy who went towards the lake, and be extra super-duper careful." He then quickly disappeared, leaving the young Uchiha all by her lonesome... 'Just the way I like it,' Haruko thought with an excited grin on her face.

Within a span of a minute, she quickly reached the lake and looked around for her elusive target. "Where is he?" Haruko confusedly whispered, "Did Natsumi-san get it wrong?" Just then a strong shoulder-ram threw her body roughly to the ground. She managed to roll out of the way just before a huge foot stomped on her, then quickly jumped back to her feet and laid eyes on the biggest person she's ever seen.

'Holy... this guy's huge, he has to be at least double my size!!!' She was brought out of her shocked state when the guy suddenly bursted into laughter, "Hey, what's so funny!!!" She furiously shouted with a red face, which only made him laugh even harder and louder.

"...Hahahahaha, I can't believe, those two idiots sent a weak shrimp like you after me, ME!!! Someone as puny as you wouldn't even make a good appetizer for me," His mocking response just made her grow redder in anger, and she balled her right hand into a fist. The man's laughter was interrupted when a small fist harshly impacted with his cheek, and his large body was flung into the lake water.

"Who's the weak shrimp now, YOU FAT LARDASS!!!!!!" She shouted in rage, then quickly started on some hand-seals, "Katon: Housenka no Jutsu (Fire Skill: Fire Skill: Mystical Fire Flowers Technique)!!!" The mini-fireballs were all aimed at the quickly rising shadow in the lake, when the water suddenly exploded, immediately extinguishing the attack.

Haruko flipped backwards to avoid being hit by the water, and saw the Kaguya menacingly walk out with bone slowly covering his body, 'What the hell?' She thought in shock once again.

"You little bitch," He growled out, and clenched his teeth in smoldering anger, "Normally, I wouldn't even think of using this jutsu against someone like you, but I might as well show you something good before I send you into Death's hands." He narrowed his eyes, and forced the bones to grow faster, "Besides, you've really pissed me off just now."

Haruko nervously gulped at the sight of the bone armor and the feeling of his strong chakra. 'Oh god, please let my training be enough,' She silently prayed as the Kaguya quickly charged her, but she just managed to swiftly dodge to the side, avoiding him. Skidding to a stop, he shot himself back at her and tried to tackle her, only to have the same results happen. He quietly snarled as he went on the offensive and began attacking with punches, kicks, and the occasional head-butts. Unfortunately for him, time after time, she managed to escape by simply moving away, his anger reached its peak when she flipped off his head to avoid a head-butt.

'This is so cool...' Haruko thought in amazement, 'My body isn't feeling the least bit tired, and I've been running around at full speed for a good 15 minutes without chakra. Guess I owe those squirrelies some nuts, hmmm... wonder what kind they'd like?' As she was contemplating on what to feed her forest friends, she didn't notice her opponent's eyes widening as he saw an opening.

"Gotcha..." He quietly barked, then created a bone sword from his shoulder and threw it right behind Haruko as she was running backwards. He jumped high in the air, just as she tripped over the imbedded weapon, and came down with a raised fist and slammed it into her exposed stomach. "Ahhhhhh!!!!!" She screamed out in pain, as her body folded up and her eyes slightly rolled back. Just then her body started to glow blue, 'What...' The Kaguya thought as her body melted into water, '...Mizu-Bunshin?'

He turned around at the sound of a sharp sound, and got a face full of Goukakyuu (Grand Fireball). Haruko looked on with wide eyes, as the giant just slightly tipped over and then straighten his body back up like nothing happened. "No way!!!" She loudly protested, "How the hell are you still standing!!! What the freak, you're not even hurt!!!!!!" She added when she saw that he didn't even have a scorch mark on his face.

'Damn this girl, just wait till I get my hands on her,' He got a blissful-look on his face as he imagined himself beating on her bloody corpse, and started drooling a little in anticipation. Haruko, looking at this with wide, shock eyes, read his intentions wrong, "Oh my god, you're a pervert who's planning on taking advantage of my sweet, innocent body!!!"

"Grrrrrr... die, you little...!!!" He yelled as he ran towards the suddenly very-nervous girl, "Eeepppppp!!! Get away from me, you pedophile freak!!!" She screamed as she threw several shuriken and kunai at him, which just bounced off his bone armor, 'Oh come on, give me a break here.'

"Goukakyuu!!!" She then shot off the biggest fireball she could manage at the time, and succeeded in stopping the Kaguya in his tracks. But when the smoke cleared, her jaw dropped when she saw him just holding out his palms in front of him, granted they were a little burnt but other than that...

'Oh no... I'm definitely gonna get raped by this sick lolicon hentai,' Tears slowly made their way down her cheeks as she dramatically contemplated her fate as a play-thing. She then got into an equally dramatic 'Sailor Moon' pose and shook her head in denial, "No, I cannot allow myself to be taken hostage by this perverted maniac. For I am..." Dun, dun, dun, "Sailor Shi-shi chan!!!"

'That's right, Sailor Moon would never give up, right?!?!' Haruko furiously thought, then scrunched up her face and frowned when she remembered an important detail, 'Chotto matte (wait a moment), Sailor Moon would give up against a freak like this!!! Ummm... okay, in that case, Sailor Mars...!!!'

"What the hell is wrong with this girl...?" The baffled Kaguya wondered as he saw the girl posing and talking to herself, "Geez, I hate anime-watching idiots, she probably cosplays too." He shook his head in pity for the 'girl with no life' and jumped high into the air, then shot off several bones shards from his arms and upper body, "Take this you no-life loser brat!!!"

Haruko was brought out of her 'Sailor Senshi' fantasy when she heard him scream and looked at the barrage of sharp bones with wide eyes, 'Crap, I can't dodge them all,' She could only stare helplessly as they closed in on her......

The hundreds of bone punctured the hard ground leaving nothing but smoke and debris to fill the air, "That takes care of that nuisance..." Just as he turned around to leave, he felt something quickly pass by his head and focused his sight on the giant bone that suddenly appeared in the floor to block his path. His eyes widened in shock when he heard a tiny giggle and looked back to see a perfectly unharmed Haruko, leaning on one of the imbedded bones, smirking arrogantly while twirling another bone in her right hand.

"How? You couldn't have escaped, how did you...?" He wasn't able to finish his question, as she quickly chucked the bone shard at his feet forcing him to jump back. Then with much faster speed then before, Haruko launched herself at him and flipped around to double-stomped him in the eyes, hurling him straight into the ground.

"Dammit..." Pushing himself out of the dirt, he looked up to see the insufferable brat standing over him, but there was something different about her... 'Wait, her eyes!!!'

"I see by your shocked expression, you finally noticed hentai-kun," Haruko cheerfully stated as she gazed at her enemy with her brand new Sharingan eyes. Right before the shower of bones were about to impale her, she saw them suddenly slow down to a snail's pace. Not willing to be ungrateful, she quickly took advantage of this apparent gift from the heavens, and just twisted and turned her body around so that the bones harmlessly passed by her. As the bones stabbed the ground and debris surrounded her, she took the time to think about what just happened when she looked at her hands and was astonished to see chakra paths instead of regular skin. At that moment, she realized that her long awaited bloodline had finally been activated, unfortunately she didn't have time to experiment since she had a butt to kick...

"Nya-nya, nya-nya, nya-nyahhhhh..." Haruko mocked while dancing around, waving her arms and shaking her booty, "Bwahahahaha, now evil-doer, feel the heavenly vengeance from ummm... heaven!!!" She then rushed the big man and strongly punched his chest only to hit the incredibly hard bone armor, which was apparently still intact. "Ow!!!" She screamed as she held her bruised hand and looked up nervously, "Uhhh... you see, I was just joking about that hentai-kun comment... uh-oh..." She softly let out as she saw a fist come her way, and immediately bent over backwards to avoid the punch.

Haruko quickly grabbed the extended arm and flipped herself around to land on it, then took the four small steps to his face and lightly jumped forward to harshly kick the side of his head, then ricocheted off it. Landing a far distance away from the stumbling giant, she wiped off her tanktop and short pants, and clasped her hands together. "Sorry, hentai-kun but I'm getting tired of playing around, it's pretty boring. Plus both my sempai are probably done and waiting for me, so I'm gonna have to beat you now," She apologized in advance and made some hand-seals, unknown to the man.

'What's she planning to do?' His eyes widened as he saw smoke emitting from her fist, 'Well whatever it is, she can't penetrate my armor!!!'

"You'll never be able to beat my invincible armor, so just try it, you little punk!!!" He challenged her, and she only smirked in response, "Well, since you asked so politely," and she quickly ran towards the man, becoming nothing but a blur to him.

"Recca Panchi (Raging Fire Punch)!!!" She roughly shoved her smoky fist right into his guy, and much to his surprise his armor started melting immediately at contact, 'No, it can't be... no... NOOO!!!!!' He inwardly and outwardly screamed in pain as he could feel the burning sensation in his abdomen, then she started rapidly punching his entire body, melting off the rest of his armor.

Within a matter of seconds, his precious armor was nothing more than melted goo covering his burnt body and dripping down to the floor. "It's not over yet, you damn loser pervert!!!" Haruko declared as she started another set of seals, "Katon: Karyuu Endan (Fire Skill: Fire Dragon Blast)!!!!!!"

The once mighty Kaguya could only shiver in fear and pain as the giant fire dragon closed in on him at a high speed, 'How pathetic, getting beaten by a brat... a girl brat at that,' was his final thought before he lost consciousness.

Deactivating her Sharingan, Haruko dropped down to her knees and just gawked at the knocked-out heavily damaged man in mute shock, she won... she actually won!!!!!! By herself too!!!!!! "Woooooo!!!!!!!" She cheered loudly and started jumping up and down in glee, "I won, I won, I won!!!" She stopped as she realized something, "Hey wait, this wasn't your ordinary ninja either, I actually beat a monster......!!!"

Her one-person celebration was cut off when she noticed a large shadow looming over her and turned around to see her arch foe standing right behind her!!! "Impossible," she was about to high-tail it out of there, when the Kaguya opened his mouth and spoke...... and boy, was she surprised at what she heard.

"Haruko-chan, did you finish eating all those chocolate treats you took before, you're going to get a stomachache from all that junk food," Natsumi's voice chided, which caused the poor girl's hair to stand up, "What the hell!!! Why are you talking like Natsumi-san!!!"

She struggled when the guy grabbed her shoulders and started shaking her, "Wake up, Haruko-chan, wake up..."

"No, let me go!!! Help, Ranma-san, Natsumi-san, somebody please help me......!!!

"......HELP!!!" Haruko shouted as she woke up from her flashback dream/nightmare. She was breathing hard and sweating heavily as she gazed upon the worried faces of Natsumi and Ranma, "Oi, Kaijuu-chan, you okay?"

"Haruko-chan, what's wrong sweetie?" Natsumi asked with concern, "You were tossing around while you were sleeping, did you have a bad dream?" Haruko panted some more, before shaking her head, "Nuh-uh it was a good dream actually... well it was, until that stupid hentai giant started talking like you."

"Eh?!?!?!" Natsumi shrilled in shock, her, a hentai giant? She turned her head and glared at Ranma who was on the floor laughing hysterically.

"...Hahahahaha!!! A hentai giant, that description suits you perfectly Natsumi!!!" Ranma proclaimed before she stepped on his face in a fit of anger, "Be quiet, it's not funny!!! If anyone's the pervert, it's you Ranma-dono!!!"

"Shut the hell up already!!!" The bandaged-covered man yelled out from behind them, he was laying on the ground with a bamboo coolie hat in his hand, "How the hell is a guy suppose to go to sleep with all you brats yelling like retarded kids!!!!!! Now shut your damn mouths before I shut them up myself!!!!!!" Zabuza covered his face with the bamboo hat again, to shield his eyes from the moonlight, and almost immediately fell asleep.

"Cranky, isn't he?" Haruko muttered as she wiped her face of sweat, and drank some water for her parched throat. "Bah..." Ranma waved his hand dismissively, "Don't worry about him, he's usually cold, silent, and emotionless, but like any other person even he'll lose his temper when you keep him awake." He walked over to Haku and adjusted the boy's blanket to tuck him in better.

"Very true, speaking of sleep, we should get some ourselves," Natsumi said as she zipped open her sleeping bag and wiggled in, "Come on, Haruko-chan, tonight you're sleeping with me since you're having bad dreams."

Haruko blushed in embarrassment, 'I'm not a little kid...' She ignored the fact that she still was a little kid, and reluctantly got into the sleeping bag. After all, she didn't want to be rude and refuse the kind offer, but in truth she actually liked sleeping with the Hyuuga prodigy because, "Natsumi-san's so warm..." she quietly whispered as she cuddled with the older girl and drifted off to sleep, "... Just like mama."

Natsumi smiled warmly at the girl's sleepy murmurings and kissed her cheek, "Good night Haruko-chan, may you have sweet dreams..." She then frowned when she felt a perverted gaze on her being, and looked up to see Ranma looking at them with an all-too-familiar leer. She quickly picked up a semi-large rock nearby and strongly threw it at his head. 'Girls in bed, this would make a great issue for Icha-Icha...' Ranma's private thoughts were halted when the rock hit him between the eyes, instantly knocking him out.

Natsumi scoffed in disgust, but smirked amusingly, "Who's the pervert now... hentai-dono."

"What the hell... how long can a person possibly sleep for?" A gruff voice questioned.

Ranma groaned as he felt someone kicking him, and just rolled over and covered himself with his blanket, "Ugh, leave me alone, jackasses. It's too early for this..."

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING A JACKASS, PUNK!!!!!!" The same gruff voice yelled out. "Maa, maa, Zabuza-san, please clam down," a melodic voice said, "There's a much easier way to wake Ranma-dono up."

Ranma just smacked his lips as he felt himself being lifted up... then felt the wind on his face as he flew through the air... then opened his eyes in shock when he felt water entering his lungs, and quickly swam back up to the surface.

"Who threw me in the river!!!!!" He choked out, as he swam back to land. Natsumi just grinned cheekily and stuck out her tongue, "It's your own fault for sleeping so late, learn to wake up earlier and you won't have to go through such rude awakenings." She then looked at her accomplice, "Did you get all that?"

Ranma looked on in shock as Zabuza just nodded and handed the video camera back to her, "You damn she-devil, do you have to record everything I do!!!!!!" His fit of rage was interrupted when he heard metal clashing with each other and turned his head to see his Kaijuu-chan and Haku-chan fighting each other. "Oi, that's just a friendly spar right?" He asked. Natsumi answered with a nod of the head, and put her hand on her cheek, "I think Haruko-chan loves fighting too much, I hope she doesn't grow up to be a tomboy."

"Bwahahahaha, I hope she does then I can start calling her Little Cute Tomboy ...!!!" Sometimes, he wished he didn't speak his mind all the time because in that next moment he got a mouth full of grass.

"Hey runt..." Ranma spit the grass out and turned around to look at Zabuza with a questioning eyebrow, "Who do you think is going to win?"

He just smirked and told him the obvious answer, "Haruko-chan, of course... and I guess you're expecting Haku-chan to win?" Zabuza, without responding, simply turned his attention back to the spar.

Ranma just sighed exasperatedly and did the same, but Natsumi blinked in surprise at the man's indifferent silence, 'You think he could at least support the child......'

Haruko quickly threw several shuriken which deflected the shower of needles thrown by Haku. She quickly ran towards him and leaped forward to try and side-kick him, only to have him ducked and counter by grabbing the back of her jacket and throwing her into the ground.

After skidding across the ground a little, Haruko stopped her momentum with her hand and pivoting on it to spin around and land back on her feet. Then she carefully looked around for her opponent, 'Oh man, I expected him to be good but this kid is almost as fast as a jounin...' Haku proved this by instantly appearing in front of her and engaging in hand-to-hand combat.

'What...' She blocked a roundhouse-kick. 'The...' She parried a punch to the side and tried a reverse spin-kick, only to have him duck under it. 'Hell...' Haku swiftly rose up to uppercut her, but she managed to dodge by moving back. 'He's way too good to be a genin......' Her contemplations was disrupted when her opponent knocked her off her feet with a low spin-kick, then pivoted on his other foot to hit her with another spin-kick, and finally ended his combo with a tornado-kick, which sent her flying through the air into a tree.

Just before Haku could continue his assault, he was forced to stop to avoid being hit by a kunai which made it's way into the ground in front of him. He then hopped back several times to dodge more kunai as they hit the ground, 'Strange, I'm being led in a pattern...'

His suspicions were confirmed when a strong tackle to the back sent him flying into the air, and he saw Haruko standing before him with her fist cocked back, 'Wait, if she's there then who...?!' He suddenly felt a pair of arms around his neck, putting him in a stranglehold, and turned his head to see another Haruko grinning cheerfully at him, 'Bunshin?!?!' The real Haruko, on the ground, strongly punched Haku in the face as her water-clone directed him to her. The clone immediately let go of the boy, while the force of the punch sent him tumbling on the ground before slowly coming to a stop.

"Good teamwork," Haruko told her clone, as they smack hands, "Thank you, but it was all due to your brilliant strategy and radiant beauty, my queen..." The clone's praise/sucking up was cut short when a needle to the head quickly blew it up, and Haku ran through the exploded water to palm-strike Haruko in the chest, then spin-kicked her in the cheek.

He formed some hand-seals, "Hijutsu: Sensatsu Suishou (Secret Skill: Flying Water Needles)," and the water around him formed into hundreds of ice needles which all made their way towards Haruko, who was shakily getting up, stabbing every portion of her body.

"AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!" Amazingly, Haruko was still standing after all that except now she had multiple cuts all over and was losing massive amounts of blood. "That's it, I was going easy on you 'cause you look like a cute dolly..." She quickly growled out, and slowly lowered her head to glare at him with her Sharingan, "But if you want to fight me for real......"

She quickly shot off the ground, making a small crater, right towards the bland-looking Haku, "Then you better get ready to suffer the consequences!!!!!!"

As soon as she was in range of attacking, she felt a pair of arms quickly wrap around her and pick her up. "Kaijuu-chan, I think that's enough," Ranma gently admonished with a smile, Natsumi was in front of her healing what was left of her wounds with a medical jutsu. Haruko just growled in frustration and clenched her fist, 'Stupid brat, I don't even know what that water jutsu was but I'm sure it's not something you use in a light spar.' She narrowed her eyes and lightly bit her lower lip, '...He was really trying to kill me.'

Ranma and Natsumi revealed this as well, which was the reason why they interfered, and all three Konoha-ninja looked over at the two Mist-ninja who were having a quiet conversation.

"Haku, were you trying to eliminate that girl?" Zabuza patiently asked. After a small pause, he hesitantly shook his head, making his mentor narrow his eyes, "Don't lie to me Haku, answer truthfully." The boy looked down and slowly nodded his head, then flinched when he felt a large hand on his head, "Such a good boy..." He looked up in surprise to see the Devil of the Mist grinning evilly, "...you've learned well from my lesson in destroying all those who get in your way. But for this one time, we'll make an exception since these people are friends of our 'friend,' after all it just won't do to make an enemy out of that boy."

Zabuza turned his head to meet the eyes of Ranma, "He won't kill us, that's for sure. He'll never betray his so-called 'Pacifist-Ninja' ways, but I'm positive if we do anything to harm his nakama, he'll make sure that we can never achieve our dream. It sickens me really, that someone with such great potential decided to take the pussy's road in life......"

"Oi, Zabuza-san!!!" Ranma called out and arrogantly smirked, "Now that the children are done playing, how 'bout you and I show them what a real fight looks like?" Natsumi held Haruko's hand and dragged her away from the soon-to-be bloody battlefield, all the while ignoring the complaints and whining of one teenager, "B-but Natsumi-san!!! Why are we moving away from the best seats in the house?!?!"

Zabuza simply pushed Haku away to the forest and picked up his sword and leaned it over his shoulder, "Confident, are we now?"

"Yup, enough to know that I can beat you even in the dark," This caused Zabuza to cackle in delight, and Ranma to raise an eyebrow, 'I don't get it, why does everyone always laugh at me? It's getting irritating.'

"The dark you say," Zabuza ominously whispered then chuckled, "How about a thick mist instead...?"

Ranma's eyes widened in shock and he quickly ran over to the older man, silently hoping that it wasn't too late but it was. Even though he managed to reach Zabuza in time and quickly sliced him with a swing of his katana, he looked on in mute horror as the man's body melted into water and mist started to envelope his surroundings.

"Kirigakure no Jutsu (Hidden Mist Technique)" He heard Zabuza's voice state from all around him.

'It's probably Mizu-Bunshin, that's just great. Combine this with the mist... plus one devil who specializes in assassination...... oh crap, I'm so screwed.' By now, he was praying that this was all just a bad dream.

"I'll admit Ranma, under normal circumstances, you'll beat me in a straight fight." Ranma looked around to pinpoint the voice, but was forced to duck under the heavy swing from Zabuza's Sword, Kubikiri Houcho, which quickly disappeared into the mist.

"But in this kind of situation, can you really use your full power and win like usual?" Ranma was blown away as a giant water blast threw him off his feet and roughly into the dirt, where he became deeply imbedded.

"Hehehe... I didn't think so," Ranma quickly pulled himself out of the hole and rolled forward to avoid being cut in half by that big-ass sword. He inwardly cursed when the sword dissolved into water just as he was about to grab it, that man certainly was inventive with his jutsus.

"Now, prepare yourself... for the Art of Silent Assassination......"

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
Author's Comments (R&R)
-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Sorry, but I felt it was best to cut it off here. More dramatic, better foreshadowing, plus it keeps you all excited for the upcoming fight which by the way, I plan on making the longest and the best fight-scene I ever done, mostly cause these two guys have similar personalities...... I'll elaborate more in the next chapter.

I wasn't too sure if Zabuza was in-character, but then again it's not like it matters because it's still 5 years in the past. A lot of things could have happened over the next few years to make Zabuza angrier, the biggest obviously being the failed assassination attempt at Mizukage.

I only put the flashback in this chapter because I wanted to show what Haruko could in a real fight, with her increased attributes. The only reason I didn't show Natsumi's fight was because it's easy to imagine what happened, without even reading the details. Jyuuken + Chakra Bones = Kaguyas being owned!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story