Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Wrong Number

7- Lullaby

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 3 reviews

It only took her about five minutes to fall fast asleep upon the couch. The comforter smelled strongly of Jon, and the smell lulled her to sleep, like a gentle lullaby.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2012-07-29 - Updated: 2012-07-31 - 1450 words

2Original
(Third Person POV)



“Did you need to say goodbye to Anna?” Jon asked, taking one last drink of his caramel iced coffee. The bitter-sweet combination was becoming too much and he was hungry for actual food. Coffee was no substitute for breakfast in his mind.

“Well, I was thinking-“

“When?” Jon cut Christian off, raising an eyebrow. “When did you have the time?” He nervously laughed, “I just mean… I haven’t been able to think about anything today, not properly.”

Christian smiled sadly towards Jon, “You sort of get used to the chaos after a while.”

“I think it’s time for a vacation. You’re way too used to this shit.” A sudden thought struck Jon. “Have you tried leaving state, to get Benjamin to back off?”

Christian frowned, “I don’t have the money to just move away. Plus I have Anna here. I couldn’t just leave. I couldn’t start over again.”

“I don’t mean move. What about a vacation, just for a few weeks?”

“I’m unemployed Jon. Where would I get the money to do that?” Christian had no idea what Jon was secretly planning.

“So, ready to go?” Jon stood, grabbing both of their drinks. “Are you done with this?” Christian hadn’t taken more than a few sips.

“Yeah, I’ll be right back.” Christian rushed from the table to the counter, where Anna was re-stocking cups.





“Christian, he’s hot.” Anna whispered, glancing over at Jon. “What the hell has happened since last time I saw you? I mean… I’m glad that Benjamin doesn’t seem to be of importance to you anymore but are you really prepared for another guy?”

“Oh, so much has happened Anna, too much.” Christian stole a glance at Jon. He caught her eye and flashed her a sweet smile before returning to his conversation with some girl by the door. “And Jon- Jon is just a sweet, sweet guy. It’s not like that with us. I’m not trying to get in to his pants and he doesn’t want in mine.”

“Right.” Anna rolled her eyes. “You’re both pretty glued to each other. He freaked out when you went to the bathroom. Is he- Is he like Benjamin? You’d tell me this time, wouldn’t you?” Christian couldn’t ignore the worry in her friend’s voice.

“Jon saved me Anna; please don’t focus your hate on him just because I was stupid enough to fall in to Benjamin’s trap.”

“He saved you?”

“Benjamin deleted all of the contacts in my phone so that I couldn’t call you, because he knew I would and so… I tried to remember it but I was so freaked out that I- I ended up calling Jon and he came. He didn’t even have to know who I was. He just came and got me out of a terrible situation and now… Well, now he’s helping me, even though he doesn’t have to, and even though he’s getting nothing out of it.”

“Oh Christian!” Anna quickly came around the counter, wrapping her arms around Christian. “Someday this won’t matter. Someday something better will overshadow it all. I promise you that Christian, because that’s what you deserve. You deserve something better.” Anna pulled away, grinning. “And I think your something is patiently waiting by the door. You better call me if anything happens with hot stuff over there.”

“Will do.” Christian promised, smiling in return. She knew she wouldn’t do anything with Jon though, and she knew Jon wasn’t her happily ever after. She didn’t really believe in happily ever after anymore. She just wanted to make it through the day without seeing Benjamin, or having to deal with something related to being with Benjamin. She didn’t want to live the rest of her life regretting her mistake.







**





“I think she likes you.” Christian startled Jon. He quickly turned to her, confused. Christian laughed, “The girl you were talking to while I was talking to Anna. She’s still looking at you. No-no, don’t look at her. Don’t be obvious! Now you scared her away. She’s not going to look while she knows you’re looking at her.”

Jon laughed, “I’m not looking for a date.”

“She’s cute.”

“She is but I’m not looking for a date. I already have one.”

“Oh, is that right?” Christian hadn’t even asked Jon if he was in a relationship or not.

“Yeah, we are set to go to the zoo in… five minutes!” Jon’s grin was contagious.

“We are?”

“We are.”







*





“Are you sweating? I’m sweating.” Christian wrinkled her nose in disgust as she used her hand as a fan, attempting to cool her face down. The animals were intriguing, and the food was wonderful- though not really a replacement for an actual meal, they’d gone with munchies, not actual food- but the heat was almost unbearable.

Jon laughed, a little too hard. “Yeah, I’m sweating too. It’s not just you.”

“Good. I hate to sweat alone.” Christian joked, glancing at him. He looked to be having fun. He hadn’t stopped laughing since they walked inside, and she found it easy to be around him.

“You know I’d never let that happen.” Jon hesitantly laid his arm over Christian’s shoulders, and just as hesitantly she leaned against him as they walked.

“So, did you want to see anything else, or eat anything else?” Jon choked back laughter.

“Hey, I didn’t eat that much.” Christian protested, weakly.

Jon grinned, “You’re right. You didn’t… and you still technically didn’t eat breakfast. I guess we will have to try again tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow?” Christian felt a bubble of happiness at that. Tomorrow, another good day with Jon… That was something she could look forward to.

“Shit.” Jon’s cell phone interrupted them and he pulled away from Christian, unhappily. “Yeah?” He snapped, glaring in to the distance.

Christian couldn’t tell what was suddenly wrong. She wasn’t that perceptive. “Yeah, um… Wait, let me ask.” Jon held his phone away and glanced at Christian, “Are you okay with the guys coming over for a little while?”

“Sure.” Christian shrugged.

“Yeah, sure.” Jon slipped his phone back in to his pocket. “So, you didn’t answer my question. Anything else before we leave?” He turned his attention back to Christian.

“Actually, I think we should share another one of those elephant ears.”

“I think that sounds wonderful.”





**



“They beat us here.” Jon mumbled, glancing at the three boys standing by his front door. They all looked confused, more so than usual.

“What’s up?” Jon called out, waiting for Christian to join him beside the car before heading towards his friends.

“Well, a few guys just left… They said they finished fixing your windows… Which leads to the question: What the hell happened to your windows?” Spencer asked. Ryan and Brendon mirrored his questioning expression.

“They broke.”

“All of them?” Ryan asked, eyebrow rising in doubt.

“Every single one.” Jon replied, keeping a straight face.

Christian surprised even herself as she reached in to Jon’s pocket, fishing out his keys. With a nervous grin and shrug she answered his curious gaze, “Its cold out here.”

Jon laughed, “That and you just wanted an excuse to grab me.” His eyes widened as soon as the words escaped his mouth. “I mean, yeah its cold.”

Christian just smiled, unlocking the front door.

She was pleasantly surprised with how easy it was to feel comfortable around Jon.





**



“Are you warm now?” Jon asked, after bringing his comforter out to Christian, who was now cuddling under it on the couch.

“I am.” Christian smiled, pulling the comforter tighter around herself. “Thank you Jon.”

He fell down beside her on the couch, yawning. “Today has thoroughly exhausted me. Just what did we do that was so tiring?”

Christian giggled, “I’m not sure but I’m pretty tired too.”

“Jon! I’m hungry!” Brendon called from the kitchen.

Jon groaned, “I’ll be back.” He promised, leaving to find Brendon.

Ryan was playing the guitar in the corner of the room, furiously writing something down. Spencer was trying to talk to him about something- Christian couldn’t quite hear, and wasn’t too interested in hearing either. She was dead tired.

It only took her about five minutes to fall fast asleep upon the couch. The comforter smelled strongly of Jon, and the smell lulled her to sleep, like a gentle lullaby.







**
Sign up to rate and review this story