Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Let's Kill Tonight

Vampires Will Never Hurt You

by Kaleidoscope_Eyes 2 reviews

“Killing you was never my plan. Why do you think I left you alive for so long?”

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-07-30 - Updated: 2012-07-31 - 1182 words - Complete

0Unrated
I entered town just as the sun was going down. I rushed to the bank and walked to the doors confidently. I flashed the guards my fake teeth and walked inside without any troubles. This was weird. I was expecting more of a problem, I thought the guards would stop me, but they just let me pass right on through.

As I entered the bank I knew something was wrong. I could feel it in my bones. Inside there were multiple vampires, a lot more than I anticipated. They all stared at me. Some were looks of anger, others were friendly smiles. I smiled at them, trying to keep up the appearance of a vampire.

The lobby of the bank looked normal, like there was nothing out of the ordinary. I went to the back room and it was completely empty. What was going on? Where was Jo? I walked in, intending to search the room when a voice stopped me.

“I was starting to wonder if Ryan had gotten himself killed.” I whirled around to face a vampire with thick brown hair. Jon. I growled and grabbed for my knife when his words struck me. He had sent Ryan to come get us. He wanted us here right now. This was his plan and I had fallen right into it. At least he wouldn’t get the rest of our group.

“So what, are you just going to kill me now? Go ahead. Try. I dare you,” I snarled. I wouldn’t let him get away a second time.

He laughed. “Killing you was never my plan. Why do you think I left you alive for so long?” He paused, letting this information sink in. “Did you ever wonder why those vampires left you alive the night your parents died?”

“I-I was hiding…” How did he know about my parents?

“But we have heightened senses. Or did that never occur to you?” I knew this. I never put two and two together. Why would they leave me alive unless they were told to? He smirked as realization hit me. “Really Jack, I thought you were smarter than that.” He paused and walked towards me. “You know, there was a specific reason I turned Ryan. When I learned you had taken shelter with that Patrick kid I got to his closest friend.” He’d been planning this from the start! He had planned everything!

The only thing I could choke out was “Why?”

He smirked. “You really have no—” He was cut off by a high trilling laugh, one that I knew well. He turned to reveal Jo. She was deep in conversation with another vampire, laughing at whatever he said. She glanced in my direction and her face lit up. She began walking towards me a huge smile plastered on her face. Her teeth glinted in the light, exposing two large canines.

She ran over and embraced me. “Oh Jackie you’re finally here! They said you would come! What took you so long?” She held me at arm’s length and I tensed. I was shocked, speechless.

She looked like Jo, she sounded like Jo, but she wasn’t Jo. Not anymore. She was a vampire. Behind her, Jon smirked. “When it was her at Ryan’s and not you I was upset, but I was willing to work with it. She was the perfect bait.”

I turned my attention back to Jo. I was speechless. How could I have let this happen? “Jack, why would you hide this from me? These vampires are fantastic! I don’t understand why you’re afraid of them! Oh you’re going to love it! Jon has a whole plan and it’s all centered around you!”

I stepped out of her grasp and glared at her. “You want me to become one of those filthy monsters?”

Her face instantly changed from one of excitement to one of anger. “Filthy monsters?” she repeated.

“Yes, Jo! They killed our parents!” I shouted.

“And some example they showed! Dear Mommy and Daddy stood up to the vampires and look where it got them! Where are they now Jackie?”

I looked down at my feet and closed my eyes. “Dead.”

“Exactly! They died. You can either die for something and change nothing, or you can live for something and change everything. That’s what I’m doing Jack; I’m helping to change the world.” She looked to Jon with wonder in her eyes but he was staring at me.

“Didn’t you just hear him Jo? You were only bait. He used you to get to me!” I needed her to see truth, needed her to listen to me.

“You don’t even know why!” Suddenly there was a crash from the front of the building. I looked to see Pete, Brendon, Gerard, and Mikey running in carrying weapons. Vampires surrounded them but they weren’t frightened in the slightest. I could see Pete smile just before he lunged at a vampire.

They had given me the distraction I needed. I ran out of the room, past Jon and Jo to help the boys; they were going to need it. I jumped at a vampire just behind Brendon and held fast to its back. I pulled the knife from my pocket and stabbed it in the chest until it crashed to the ground. Brendon turned around to see me, relief flooding into his eyes.

“Pete! She’s over here!” he called to the older boy.

“Kinda busy, Bren,” Pete called over his shoulder as he battled with a bloodsucker. I smirked and ran to help him. I pulled out my knife and got the parasite in the side. Pete punched him in the face and the vamp fell. I threw him my machete and he finished the job. He high-fived me then ran off in another direction.

I glanced around searching for Gerard and Mikey. They were both fighting vampires, Gerard sticking close to Mikey. He was dong a fantastic job for his first time. He was ducking and using the knives just like Pete taught. I smiled at the sight and looked elsewhere.

I searched the room looking for Jon when I sensed someone behind me and whirled around, coming face to face with Jo. She smiled at me apologetically before flashing her canines and burrowing them deep into my neck. I cried out in pain and shock as I felt my life and blood flowing out through my veins. I crashed to the floor, Jo still attached to my neck. She finally relinquished her hold and stood over me. I placed a hand to the wound, trying to stop the blood flow. Darkness danced across my vision.

“Trust me Jackie, you’re going to love it when you wake up,” I heard Jo say as I slipped into unconsciousness.

Dun dun DUNNNNNNNNN. UH OH CLIFF HANGERRRRR. I'm sorry to leave off there but I must keep you interested for the next chapter! WHAT WILL HAPPEN??? Read and review! Goodbye my lovelies! STAY AWESOME.
Sign up to rate and review this story