Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

It Only Gets Worse From Here.

by raezorrstorm 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-08-04 - Updated: 2012-08-04 - 1693 words

0Unrated
Authors note-
Hi, well basically, I’ve deleted my old story because it was a pile of shit, and decided to start again. I may have some similar aspects from the old story in this on but it’s gonna be a hell of a lot better, also its partly based on my life, just with a bit more MCR in.  So yeah, enjoy:3
 
It Only Gets Worse From Here. Chapter 1.
I woke up this morning feeling like shit. Not very different from other mornings, but still. By the way, my name is Natalie, and I’m 17 years old. I have no idea why I just told you how old I am, but there you go. As you can already tell, I’m a complete weirdo, and I like super noodles. In fact I adore them. Yes you had to know that. Anyway, back to this morning. I woke up feeling like shit, as it was my first day at this new school. My step-dad decided to ship me to California after the whole split with my Mom. Not that I care about her. She can go die in a hole for all I care. But yeah, so there I was, sitting in my room being well, me, and my step-dad John comes in, and drops this bombshell on me.
''Nats.'' Oh god. It was always bad news when he called me 'Nats' instead of Natalie. I hate people shortening my name. Ugh.
''I have something to tell you, and it's big.''
After a rather long silence, too long in fact (I also hate long silences) I said ''Well spit it out then, jeez''
And that's just what he did. Dropped a bomb on my entire world.
''We're moving to California next week.. I think it'd be good for the both of us after everything with you're mother and such.. I would've told you sooner but I didn't know how you'd react..'' 
My brilliant response? ''Oh okay.''
Literally, that's all that I could say. John walked out my room and then I looked around. I never liked it where I lived, it sucked big time. A tiny little council estate in Manchester, and it's not like I had any friends to chill with, Most people avoided me because I was somewhat 'scary' to them. I didn't mind too much though, I liked being on my own. And it's not like I tried to attract people to come and talk to me, as I has several piercings, and a stretcher in my ear, wearing black skinnies and whatever band t-shirt I picked up that day. But like I said, I never really cared. What I really hated though, was the chavs or 'gangstas' we had here. They were a pain in the fucking ass if there ever was any. All they did was go round stealing kids phones and shoplifting the off licences.
Enough of how shit Manchester is though, as I looked around my room that I spent forever covering in band posters, I felt a tiny, and I mean TINY, bit of sadness that I would be leaving.
I know I was supposed to be sad for leaving my mother, but I wasn't. I hated her with every inch of my anatomy. She broke my heart, my stepdad's heart, and hurt everyone who came near her. A mother isn't supposed to leave her kids in the shit, or break every promise she made to them. But my mother did. And I hate her for it.
Kinda wish that John had told me sooner about the move though, as I had less than seven days to sort through keeps and throw away, and pack. I started to sort through all my old junk, dividing into piles of what I wanted and didn't want. My want pile wasn't very big. Most of it my mother had bought. There was only one item I couldn't bear to throw away though, and that was my cadbury chocolate box full of memories from when I was younger. My first Christmas, my first birthday, my birth certificate, and some photographs of me and my real dad. My real dad died when I was just two. They told me that he had just gone to sleep and not woken up. From then on until I was seven years old, I was terrified of going to sleep, in case I didn't wake up either. I grew out of that when John came into my life. He's been the best dad in the entire world, even though he's not a blood relative, I love him to pieces, and that's why I hate my Mom so much for what she did.
After I had sorted through everything, and taken out the trash from my room, I started pulling down all my posters. This took me at least two hours, as there was so many of them. My walls looked naked when I was done. It made the whole move seem real.
A week later we were ready to leave. It was a struggle trying to get everything into the van on moving day as there was only two of us, and I'm not very strong. After a lot of physical effort on my part, we were ready. As I got into the van, I took a last look at the house I grew up in. I didn't realise how small it was. The van started to roll off the driveway, taking us to the airport. Once we arrived we grabbed as much of our luggage as we could, and sent the rest off with van to be delivered t our new house in California. It took us forever to check in, the lines for the desk were so long. I panicked a bit, thinking I'd lost my passport.
''Calm down Natalie, I have it here with mine.'' John smiled at me and pulled out both our passports to reassure me. The line finally grew smaller and we could check in, and John smiled at the lady behind the desk as she handed us our flight tickets.
We walked off to the waiting area, for what seemed like hours. I had to go pee twice, though I guess that was my fault as I'd bought 3 bottles of isotonic juice at the shop before we left, I’m addicted to the stuff. Seriously, I could live off the stuff.
It was time to leave, leave behind my old life, leave my mom, and board the plane that would take us to LAX. I'd never flown before, and to tell you the truth, I was shit scared. I'd watched too many documentaries on plane crashes, and that film Snakes on a Plane. Yes I know I'm a dork. But still. John, obviously sensing that I was worried, gave me a quick hug. ''Chin up Natalie, it'll be fine.''
I smiled back at him. ''Okay, let's do this.'' After we had passed our luggage through security and got the all clear, it was our turn. The sensors went fucking mental when I passed through, and I got told to take all my piercings out. Without them I was able to pass through, and the guard gave my bars and rings back.
I got nervous again as we approached the tunnel thing to get on the plane, but once we were in it was fine. All I did was plug my headphones into my Ipod and lay back.

The flight took eight hours, and I had some serious jet lag after we got off the plane.
We found our luggage, and then walked to the front doors of the airport after going through all the security checks to make sure we weren't terrorists, and stepped out into the bright sunlight. Man it was fucking hot.

Our new home was a lot bigger than the shithole we had back in Manchester. It took us a while to unpack all the boxes and dump them in the house. John decided that after he had moved everything from the van, he would go and take a look around the neighbourhood. Typical, leave me to do all the damn unpacking.
''I wont be long honey, I just want to see what we've got ourselves into, I''ll be around an hour tops.''
''Okay'' I sighed.
I moved all the boxes into the appropriate rooms, and decided to heave the mattresses first so we actually had somewhere to sleep. Actually, sleeping sounded like a good idea right now, so I gave up, telling myself I would do it tomorrow, and slumped down onto the mattress.

Obviously John had left me to sleep, as I didn't wake up till the next morning. Musta been out for a good 12 hours. Oh well.
''Wakey wakey sleepy head, we have a lot to do today.'' John came into my room carrying a tray with cereal and a brew on. Mmmm, cereal. Coco pops to be precise. I lurrrve me some coco pops.
I started to wolf down my food, cause I was hungry. Really hungry in fact. I may need a second bowl.
''Slow down, you'll give yourself indigestion.
Now, I've been around the neighbourhood, and everyone seems really nice. I had to ask if there was a school around here, as you still need your education.'' I had to sigh at this part and mentally eye-roll.
''You'll be starting next week, and the school bus picks up from round the corner.''
''Okay dad.'' I flashed him a smile. I didn't mean it of course, I just don't want him to feel bad.
We spent the whole day unpacking and decorating the house,, it was almost 11pm when we finished. I went to my room and jumped on my bed, relieved that I didn't have to haul any more heavy ovens. I just wanted to sleep. I put my headphones in, nothing like a bit of Kill Hannah to help you drift off. I listened to the music and allowed myself to drift off into dream-world. Gotta a lot of stuff to do for Monday.
Sign up to rate and review this story