Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Different

I looked out the window of my parents car and wrinkled my nose "Why is there so much sand?" I asked, pressing my nose against the glass "This place looks boring."

"That's because we're not actually there yet." My Mother pointed out, though through the mirror in the front of the car, I could see that she was just as disappointed as I was.

I sighed heavily and slumped back on my seat so I could no longer see the depressing landscape outside "I don't see why we had to move in the first place."

"Because we'll be a lot safer here Crayon." My Father said.

That's me, Crayon Jones. My parents had me when they were twenty and thought they were being dead funny by calling me Crayon. Not that I care that I'm called Crayon, I quite like it. I think Crayon is a colourful name. So I live up to it by only wearing interesting colours like pink, orange and light green.

Me and my family are moving to some new place called Better Living today. Me, my Mom, my Dad and my little sister Stella. My parents kind of regretted calling me Crayon so gave Stella a nice, normal name. But I'm not jealous because like I said, I quite like my name.

"Oh looks girls, we're here!" Our Mother smiled, looking over at the town ahead of us.

Stella and I craned our heads to see our new home. Stella smiled and said it looked lovely. I, on the other hand, was not impressed. "It looks... Depressing." I mumbled, squinting at the town as if there was something wrong with it. Which there was.

Where were the colours? From what I could see it was a large town surrounded by a large white, metal fence and inside there were rows of identical little white houses. I sat up in my seat hoping to catch a glimpse of the people inside. I wondered what they'd be like. If they were anything like the town they lived in, they'd be very boring and dull people.

"You don't know what it's like yet," Dad sighed "We haven't got there yet."

"Well I can already tell I'm going to hate it." I replied. Once we were a little closer, I asked "Where are all the people?"

"In their homes I suppose." Mom told me "I heard that they don't really leave their houses that much."

"Why wouldn't they wanna do that?" Stella asked, having the same thoughts as me "It's really sunny out..."

"Not everyone likes the sun."

Dad drove up to the gates. Two people (Guys I assumed) in white suits and white dracula masks approached the car. Stella grabbed my hand "Who are they?" She whispered to me.

I shrugged my shoulders and watched as they peered in through the windows. "Got any weapons?" One of the guys asked me in a deep, rough voice.

"What kind of weapon could I possibly have?" I asked, looking at him like he was a freak.

"A ray gun, perhaps?"

"A ray gun?" I mutterered under my breath. What was this guy on about? "I'm only fifteen." I pointed out in a louder voice.

The 'drac' shrugged his shoulders and spoke into a walkie-talkie "They're good. But they're a bit... Colourful." He said scornfully.

I glared at him as we drive past and through the gates. Stella squeezed my hand "Mommy, why was that guy wearing a creepy mask?"

"They're the draculoids Honey." Mom told her "So long as you're good they'll leave you alone."

"Speaking of being good I just want to warn you girls..." Dad stopped the car outside a large glass building with a weird smiling face on the side. He turned around to face me and Stella "There are a lot of rules around here. We'll get a copy of them once I go inside for our house key. Now this new job means a lot to me so could you please stick to every new rule?"

Stella and I nodded. Dad smiled and leaped out the car to enter the large, scary-looking, glass building. I sighed and leaned against the window, drumming my fingers against the seat. I'd only just got here and I was bored.

Suddenly something bright red caught my eye. It was the first proper sign of colour I'd seen since I got here. It was someone's hair. He wasn't here alone. Him and three guys stormed over to the building. Lagging behind the others was a guy with blonde hair and sunglasses. He turned and looked at the car. I couldn't see behind his glasses but it looked like he was staring right at me. He tapped the arm of the guy in front of him. He was tall with a brown afro. Blonde guy said something to him. Afro shrugged his shoulders. The two turned away and stormed back into the building.

I couldn't help liking them.

[A/N] - If anyone read 'Lonely' (I think that's the right one :L) then hopefully you remember Crayon ;) Well to be fair she's my favourite from my original characters so I thought I'd give her her own story ;D
Sign up to rate and review this story