Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Under City Lights

21- Disaster Strikes

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 4 reviews

Brendon slowly realizes that Alex isn't just going after Juliet, but also after Jon and Ryan. Is Spencer safe?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-08-14 - Updated: 2012-08-14 - 2727 words

1Exciting

Alex’s lips were rushed, pressing against mine as if his life depended upon it. There wasn’t anything sweet about the kiss, like with Brendon.

Brendon drugged you, what’s sweet about that?

Oh, right.

Alex’s hands had already found their way up my shirt and my bra loosened as he unsnapped it. He was moving so fast; it was all such a blur.

There wasn’t anything nice about this and I wasn’t really thinking it through but Alex didn’t mind the dead weight, as he continued. I imagined it had to be similar to making out with a doll, but he was moaning against my lips like he was enjoying it. Maybe he made out with dolls often. The idea made me laugh a little, but Alex confused it for me kissing back and pressed harder against me. Where were my leggings? When had they come off?

Whoa, my head kind of hurt.

The feeling was like…

“Get off.” I yelled, feeling like I had little control over my mouth. The words were hard to get out. The feeling was like being drugged.

“It’s okay.” Alex whispered, catching my mouth with his again. “You’ll enjoy it.”

What was with rich kids and drugging girls?

Well, I guess you had to have the money to buy the pills but…

I pushed against Alex, my arms feeling like jelly. Screw it. No, wait… nevermind. I wasn’t just going to let him…

As Alex’s attention traveled down my body I moved, reaching for my jeans which were inches from me. My cell phone was in the pocket. Who ya gonna call? Ghost busters! I was giggling now.

Oh, I hated being drugged.

I felt like a fucking idiot.

I found Spencer’s number and pressed talk, as Alex worked his way out of his pants. “Hello?” Spencer’s voice. Oh, I suddenly loved Spencer’s voice.

“Spencer, I’m at Alex’s… Please come get me. Idontwannahavesex.” I blurted out, my mouth becoming numb with each word until the words all became one.

Alex made a grab for my phone, angrily shutting it. “You fucking bitch.” He snapped; pants finally off.

I didn’t say anything, but I did sigh a breath of relief. Hopefully Spencer would come. Wait, what did I tell him? I couldn’t remember.

Alex stood up, suddenly looking at me with disgust. “I wasn’t going to rape you.” He spit out, rolling his eyes. “There was no need for you to freak out.”

I didn’t say anything.

Alex didn’t say anything else.

He didn’t touch me again.

Eventually I heard the doorbell, followed by loud knocks. Alex rolled his eyes again, as he stood up to go answer the door. I could faintly hear him, “She had too much to drink.”

I didn’t drink anything alcoholic.

Spencer walked past him, looking irritated. “Why isn’t she wearing clothes?” I wasn’t wearing clothes. Oh damn. How embarrassing. I couldn’t even be embarrassed properly. Where were the heated cheeks and the hands flying to cover my body? Oh yeah, I didn’t have much control right now.

“She had a little too much to drink and we were… well, you know.”

Spencer turned around to glare at Alex, “I could call the cops right now.” He spit out angrily, “How would you like being taken advantage of?” I watched as Spencer shoved Alex backwards, getting in his face. “How would you feel if you were raped? You sick fucking bastard.” He just shook his head but as he was turning towards me Alex stopped him in his tracks.

“It’s exactly what Brendon was going to do to her.” I wish Alex didn’t always sound so smug. I hated him now. Oh, hate felt great. It beat pain and sadness.

“Excuse me?” Spencer’s voice was deadly low in volume.

“I want to leave.” I spoke up, my words somewhat slurred, since my lips had become numb however long ago.

Alex laughed.

I jumped as I felt someone pulling my shirt back over my head. It was Spencer. Oh, Spencer. Spencer, my friend. Yeah, Spencer was my friend. A good, good friend.

I had to stand up to get my leggings on again and then Spencer grabbed my bra, and directed me towards the door. “If I see you again I’ll kick your fucking ass Alex.” Spencer called; a promise in his words.

“It’ll be fun.” Alex responded.

Spencer’s car seemed to be parked miles away and my legs were ready to give out by the time I finally sat down. Spencer was still frowning. Was I? I wasn’t sure. Boys and their pills. What a great romantic life I had.

“What did Brendon do to you?” Spencer asked.

Where were we headed? My house wasn’t this way. Maybe it was. Which way were we? I didn’t even know. “Juliet, what did Brendon do to you?”

“Brendon? No, no it was Alex.” I shook my head, suddenly very tired. “I want to sleep Spencer.” Spencer. Spencer. I said his name a million times, trying to get it to sink in. Spencer. Alex. Brendon. Spencer.

Brendon.

What did Brendon do to you?

What did Brendon do to me?

Spencer reached over and I pulled away but all he did was grab my cell phone, which I hadn’t even noticed I was clutching.

“Mrs. Leyton? Yeah, this is Spencer Smith. Yes, I loved the cookies. I was wondering if Juliet could sleep over. My parents are both home; we are just going to be studying late. No, she’s stuck in study mode. Yeah- she’s like a zombie when she gets pulled in to a book. Great. Yeah, see ya. I’ll tell her.” Spencer handed me back my phone. “You’re sleeping at my place. You don’t need to get hounded with questions while you’re high out of your fucking mind. You aren’t drunk Juliet. I don’t smell any alcohol. What the hell happened tonight?”

“Thank you.” I meekly responded, tightly holding on to my cell phone again.

Spencer didn’t say anything and soon enough I was falling asleep, the weight of my eyelids becoming too much.





**



Pounding headache. Pounding. It hurt. Advil? I hated Advil with a passion now. The association wasn’t pleasant. I’d rather just die from the headache. “Morning.” Spencer whispered when my eyes opened, taking in the horrible, horrible light.

“Morning.” I replied, glancing around his tidy room. He was lying in bed next to me, wearing his boxers. The room was hot, or maybe that was just me. I was covered in a huge blanket after all. Everything in his room was so clean, and so organized. I liked it.

“How’d you sleep?” Spencer stretched, handing me a glass of water that still had ice in it. I took a small sip, grateful for the cool liquid which seemed to cool down the burning. For some reason I didn’t want to take the blanket off though. It was… comforting. Next Spencer handed me ibuprofen. I gratefully took two of the small pills, taking another drink of water to make them go down. Then I handed Spencer back the glass and leaned back down.

“I slept fine; it’s the waking up thing that isn’t going so well. What time is it?”

“It’s 9 am.” Spencer replied, yawning. “You slept in but I figured you needed it.”

“Crap.” I sighed heavily, “Did you sleep well?”

Spencer shrugged, “I guess. You kick in your sleep.”

“Sorry.”

“The cuddling made up for it.” Spencer winked, causing me to blush.

“I’m kidding.” Spencer finally said. “I slept on the floor. I just got up here a few minutes ago because my back was hurting.”

That made me feel worse. “You didn’t have to sleep on the floor. I’m sorry.”

“It’s done; its fine. How are you?” Spencer’s tone softened and he gazed at me with full blown concern.

“I’m achy, and I’m embarrassed. I’m saving myself for a boy that won’t drug me though, and that seems to be going as well as it can, given the amount of boys in this city that seem to like drugging girls.” Oh, and I was bitter.

“Boys?” Spencer shook his head, “So, Brendon drugged you too?”

“Yeah.” I whispered. “It seems that he did.” I looked back at Spencer, tears clinging to my eyes. It sucked to talk about. “We didn’t have sex though.” Not for a lack of trying.

“Good.” Spencer closed his eyes for a moment. “Well, nothing about this is really good but I’m glad you didn’t have sex with either of them. It was really smart to call me. I’m glad that you did.”

“Thank you for coming.”

“How could I not? We’re friends.” Spencer smiled.

I smiled in return, “Yeah, we are.”







**



It was about 11 o’clock when Spencer and I showed up at school. We had to go to the office for late slips so we took our time, knowing a few more minutes wouldn’t make that big of a deal. It was lunch time anyway.

We didn’t make it very far before hearing Alex’s voice. “Feeling better?” He asked, catching up to us, a glint in his eyes.

“I feel just fine.” I muttered, glancing at Spencer. “Are you hungry?” I tried my best to ignore Alex, though that seemed to just thrill him a little more.

“I told you that the next time I saw you I would…” Spencer was glaring at Alex as I pushed him away, midsentence.

Alex smirked, walking off in another direction. “You can’t get in to a fight with him, okay? You don’t strike me as the fighting type.”

“It’s not like I’m weak.” Spencer said, rolling his eyes. “I just save the fighting for when it matters.”

“That’s nice. Right now it doesn’t matter.”

“How does it not matter?” Spencer raised an eyebrow. “He drugged you, and he’s probably drugged other girls.”

“Probably.” The realization disgusted me. Why would anyone do that? Wouldn’t you … want the person you’re sleeping with to want you? “But I can’t take not having you here. I don’t have anyone else and if you get suspended… well, that would really suck.”

Spencer smiled warmly, “I don’t have to fight to kick his ass.” He muttered, “And I won’t get in trouble, okay?”

“Okay, good.” What was he going to do?

I didn’t have time to further question him because as we joined the students assembled together for lunch my eyes met Brendon’s. He was sitting at a picnic table outside, looking around, holding his cell phone.

“Do you need to talk to him alone?” Spencer asked.

“I think so.” Not that I wanted to.

“I’m going to go to my locker; I’ll be back soon… Just meet me over there.” Spencer gestured to a tree, “We can eat over there in the shade.”

“Sounds good.” I mumbled, feeling utterly alone as he wandered away.



“How could you do it?” Brendon asked, reaching me within seconds of Spencer’s departure.

“Do what?”

“You put yourself in danger Juliet! I told you that I would take you home.” I just stared at him. Was he seriously lecturing me?

“But instead you decided to stay with Alex and let him-“

“Let him?” I cut in, glaring at him. “Just like I let you?” Brendon eyed me warily, as his lips closed in defeat. “You sure do have a twisted way of looking at the truth.”

“I- Spencer told me…” Brendon mumbled, “I’m so mad. Alex hasn’t been in any classes today or I’d have kicked his fucking ass, teachers or not.”

“Don’t.” I shook my head, “Don’t do that. I’m so sick of the violence. Can’t we all just get over this without violence?”

“Get over it?” Brendon looked confused. “He drugged you, and was going to have sex with you.”

“You did the same exact thing. Are you going to kick your own ass?”

“I have been.” Brendon replied.

“Well, nothing actually happened so I’d like for this to all just end.” I didn’t like the drama, and though I wasn’t smitten with Alex’s actions… I didn’t want to have to face them constantly through Brendon or Spencer’s anger. It was touching that they cared but couldn’t they do it in a less offensive manner?

“Spencer is mad at me.” Brendon whispered, glancing at me. He looked apprehensive.

“Is he?”

“Yeah, because of… because of the whole drugging thing.” Brendon said, choking over his words. “Spencer has never been mad at me before.”

“I don’t know what you want me to say.”

“I don’t either. Are you hungry?”

“I’m not.”

“You should eat.”

“But I’m not hungry.”

Brendon frowned, “Thirsty?”

“No, and I don’t need to sit down either.” I snapped.

“I’m sorry.” Brendon’s voice was just a whisper, “I don’t know what to do to make this okay Juliet… but I can’t stand it not being okay. It’s killing me, and it hurts so bad.” I was surprised by the amount of emotion in his voice.

“It hurts me too.” I replied, nervously messing with my fingers. “But I can’t make it better for us. I’m not sure that something like this can be made better. I just don’t know.”

“I need you in my life.” Brendon admitted, sounding sincere. “I don’t think I’ll be able to just let you go, if you decide you don’t want to be with me anymore.”

“I’m sorry Brendon but the choice isn’t yours to make. You’ll have to figure out how to respect my decisions, and right now I don’t want to be with you because you hurt me a lot… in a way I never even thought to be worried about.”

Brendon looked away. “Can we-“

He was cut off by a loud shout.

We both looked over to a small table, in which Jon was shouting at Alex. What now?

Ryan was sitting next to Jon, and he looked horribly uncomfortable with the situation. I started walking towards the table, and Brendon quickly followed. “Fuck you.” Jon spit out, just as we arrived.

Alex was grinning.

“What is going on?” I asked, glancing between them.

Brendon’s eyes fell to Ryan’s face. “Did you hit him?” He asked, quickly glaring at Alex.

Alex shrugged, “He got in my way.”

Oh Ryan.

“You beat the shit out of him, for no fucking reason.” Jon spit out, disgusted.

It didn’t look as if it had just happened, but it seemed Ryan had just recently told Jon. “A fight is a fight.” Alex continued grinning.

“It wasn’t a fair fight.” Jon said, standing up. “I’ll give you a fair fight asshole.”

Ryan grabbed his wrist, stopping him in place. Jon’s eyes met his, and they widened. Alex let out a laugh, “Oh fuck, you’re in to guys now, aren’t you Walker?”

Oh fuck.

“Go away.” I glared in Alex’s direction, hatred for him overpowering me. It was one thing when he was an asshole to me, but now he was picking on Ryan?

“Oh, I know you don’t really want that Juliet.” Alex said, grinning from ear to ear.

“You have no idea what I really want.” You dead, for one.

Alex’s tone changed, “I’m sure I’ll find out here soon.” And with that he left, the tension at the small table becoming overwhelming.

“I’m going to kill that fucker.” Jon muttered.

I glanced at Ryan’s beat up face and frowned, “Have you cleaned the cuts on your face?” I asked, gently running my finger near one, not actually touching it. It was swelling in some parts.

“What happened?” Spencer asked, joining the table.

Disaster struck.



**
Sign up to rate and review this story