Categories > Original > Drama

FrostIron Oneshot - Poison

by FrostIronStark 0 reviews

Nowhere else to put this fic... I dont own the characters, they belong to Marvel, and Stan Lee. One use of Mild language and references to terminal illness. Lokis interpertation of starks blood poi...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Fantasy - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2012-08-15 - Updated: 2012-08-15 - 459 words - Complete

0Unrated
Tony was down in his workshop/garage, inspecting his chest with a worried expression on his face. The poisoning had gotten worse, creating a labyrinth of dark lines creeping out from his Arc Reactor. He had tried everything to stop it, every mixture of chemicals he could find, but nothing worked. The very device he had created to save his life was now ending it, slowly and painfully. He hadn’t had the heart to tell Loki yet, mostly because he didn’t want to face it himself. He was Tony Stark, for god’s sake, everyone thought him invincible! Little did they know what was happening to him.

Loki walked down into the workshop, intent on annoying his love for a few minutes, when he saw it. He walked up behind Tony, looking at the reflection in the mirror, and froze when he saw the blackened lines scrawled across his chest.
“Tony...”
“Loki?! What are you doing down here? I thought you were asleep...”
“How long have you known about this Tony?” Lokis tone was worried, as his soft green eyes hardened as they met Stark’s brown through the reflection in the mirror.
“Six months”
Loki lost his temper at the shorter man hearing this news
“Six months?! You could have told me about this from the beginning, why didn’t you?!”
“I didn’t think it was important” Tony sighed, looking away.
“You didn’t think something like this was important?! Tony, this looks serious. You could be severely hurt from this.” Loki walked closer, tilting the genius’s head slightly to face him. “We need to get you to a doctor”
~~~~~~~~~~~
Loki’s heart was stuck in his throat as Tony walked out of the doctor’s surgery, with a grave look on his face.
“How bad is it?”
“Terminal.” That one tiny word managed to rip apart their happy existence at the seams. Tony was dying, and there was nothing Loki could do to fix it.
“How long?”
“A couple months, at the most.”
“That’s not enough... It’s not enough time...” Loki tried desperately to wrap his head around that time limit. Tony, his tony, would only be with him for two more months... He couldn’t take it. He couldn’t lose the only man who had ever loved him for being him, even if that was a snarky bastard and a compulsive liar. Loki knew he was no good for Tony, but couldn’t keep away. Tony was his little light in his world of darkness and deceit, and he couldn’t lose that, not now. If he lost Tony, he’d lose any semblance of humanity left inside his cold, dark heart, and he just couldn’t afford that.
Sign up to rate and review this story