Categories > Original > Horror

Bittersweet

by khdragongirl 1 review

Because of them, I kept going. Because of all of them, I couldn’t stop. And I moved on to a different obsession. Not boys. Not love. To kill. *FIRST STORY! ONESHOT!*

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Published: 2012-08-18 - Updated: 2012-08-18 - 577 words - Complete

0Unrated
It’s funny, you know, how I never planned for this to happen. Then again, fate really likes to screw things up, the little demon. I was never interested in boys before. Then, one day, I was. No, not just interested, obsessed. My fingers sifted through the mop of dark hair, now connected to a lifeless body. “It’s a shame, Roy, it really is,” I murmured. “but you just weren’t good enough.”

I never asked for this talent, either. This talent to seduce and destroy. However, like I said, fate really likes to screw things up. I was a singer, working at local bars and coffee houses. My voice was like a diamond in the rough and I was the rough. When I realized how much I wanted these men, I knew exactly how to get what I desired.

During my job, I’d lock my eyes with his. Stare and give a small smile while entrancing him with my voice. Give small hints with my body. Afterwards, he would come running. Always. We would introduce ourselves, chat, and I’d start the game. After a while, he’d be approaching the finish line and I’d get excited. Yet, there was always an obstacle, a test, right before the prize. One after another, they never passed, and I’d have to take care of things with my own hands. I remember the first time I eliminated someone from the game like it was just yesterday.



“Hey, Brian, wanna hang out at my place later? It’ll be fun!” I smiled sweetly, and he fell for it. I lead him to my room, and we turned off the lights. He thought I wanted to play. I wanted to scoff at his stupidity. Scream at him for not passing that final test. Because he failed, I’d have to execute the consequences. One quick stab was all it took. One beautiful, sickening, bittersweet stab and my bedsheets acquired a new color.




I remember how I didn’t even hesitate.

They were all so stupid. All they had to do was really love me back. All they ever had to do was grow genuine feelings, but no. It was always only for the voice. Only. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Was it really that hard to love me truly? Was I so twisted personality-wise that people only even talk to me because I can sing? Even though I captured them with my voice in the beginning, I always believed we could-no-that we would progress later on. Stupid...stupid! Because of them, I kept going. Because of all of them, I couldn’t stop. I lost the ability to stop my hands from closing around and tightening against the small pitiful form of life, I couldn’t stop it from happening anymore. And I moved on to a different obsession. Not boys. Not love.

That night, I wrapped up the body with plastic and stuffed it into a garbage bag. Tossing it in my trunk, I drove to a lake, my favorite one, the one that held all my victims in a deep slumber. I was emotionless at first, eyeing the plastic bag in my car. I brought a hand to my face and suddenly felt my lips twitching into a grin. A messed up one, most likely, suiting a messed up girl like me. I gave a small laugh. Yes, I was messed up.

My new obsession. To kill.
Sign up to rate and review this story