Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Different

They talked for what felt like forever while I sat in a corner of the room by myself. I had a lot on my mind and talking about Kat was only upsetting me. Sure, we'd only known each other a couple of days but I trusted her more than anyone in the entire world. More than my own family.

Speaking of my family, I wondered what had happened to them. They'd know I was gone by now but what would they do? Would they tell BLI or just wait for me to come home? If they'd told BLI then what would happen to them exactly? BLI would know that I'd managed to escape the city and possibly arrest my family. I took a deep breath. Had I done the right thing? Choosing Kat and her father over my own family?

I was snapped out of my daydream by Gerard walking over to me and saying "We have a plan. But we think it'd be best if you stayed here with someone instead of actually coming with us."

For a moment I just sat there, processing that. And then I got angry "What the hell? She's my friend and I plan to be there when you rescue her, okay?"

"We don't want to put you in any danger."

"It was dangerous to even consider escaping BLI but I managed to do it didn't I?"

"Yes and you'd have died if we hadn't been in the right place at the right time!" Gerard snapped "I don't want to lose anybody else, okay? So you're staying here. That's my final word."

"And this is my final word. I'm coming with you. I don't care if I die, I just want to make sure Kat's okay."

"You'll see that she's fine... When we get back."

"We're wasting time!" Penina yelled "Gerard, just let Crayon come with us. It'll be ten times easier that way."

Gerard groaned but said "Fine. We leave tomorrow first thing in the morning. If you're not awake and dressed by that time then we'll leave without you. I'm going to go and check the car and whatever."

Everyone except Raven and Penina made their excuses and then left the room "What the hell is he so touchy about?" I asked, taking a seat.

Raven sighed and explained "Basically, Penina got captured by BLI once and Gerard insisted that me, Hozzie, Lucy and Sam wait here while they went and rescued her. But we hid in the boot of the car and went with them because we wanted to help save Penina. And that was the day that Hozzie died."

"Oh." I muttered "You mean they watched her get shot?"

"Well not exactly. We didn't watch her die." Penina told me "But the draculoids got her. They'd never have kept her alive."

I took a deep breath "I can understand why he'd be worried but I'm not going to die. I'll be careful."

"That's what Hozzie said when she convinced us to hide in the boot." Raven informed me as she stood up "I'm going to go and find Ray, see if he needs help with anything."

Raven walked out of the room and Penina bit her lip "It's all my fault that the draculoids got her." Penina whispered "If I hadn't got captured in the first place then they wouldn't have had to come after me."

"I don't get it." I said "You got captured by the draculoids so they came to save you... But Hozzie got captured by the draculoids and you all just assumed she was dead and left her behind."

"Oh no, we didn't leave her behind. We went back. Quite a few times. But we couldn't find her anywhere. I thought they'd lock her in the cell that I was in but she wasn't there. She wasn't anywhere." Penina paused then asked "Do you have any brothers or sisters?"

"Yeah, a little sister named Stella but she changed it to... To..." I couldn't remember what she changed it to "I think it was Sarah. It was a relatively crap name whatever it was. I much prefer Stella."

"Oh. I had a little sister too. I think her name was Nikki. But I can't really remember." Penina shrugged her shoulders "I'm gonna go and see if Frank's found those maps for BLI headquarters that we need. Do you wanna come?" I shook my head "Okay. See you later." I waved at her and she walked away.

I sat alone in the diner for a few minutes before going outside to the car. Gerard was there alone like I thought he would be. But he wasn't making any changes to the car. He was leaning against the door and staring up at the night sky "Gerard?" My voice made him jump and he automatically pretended to be working on something "Gerard, I saw you. You were staring into space." He didn't say anything "I'm sorry about pushing you into letting me come tomorrow but Kat's my best friend. I need to make sure she's okay."

"I know." Gerard replied quietly.

I bit my lip. What exactly was I doing? "Raven and Penina told me about Hozzie." Gerard stopped for a moment before carrying on with what he was doing "I'm really sorry about what happened to her." Gerard ignored me and I sighed. It looked like he still didn't want to talk about it "But we're gonna save Kat, right?"

"Of course we are." Gerard said "Look, Crayon, could you maybe leave me alone for a bit please? I know you mean well but you're not helping."

I nodded and walked away, leaving him by himself.



For dinner we had more Power Pup. It tasted just as bad as it had at breakfast. The only people in the diner were Frank, Penina, Lucy and Mikey "I think Raven and Ray are working on something really important." Penina said as she put another spoonful of Power Pup in her mouth. Power Pup didn't seem to make these guys feel ill. They actually seemed to like it "And I think Sam went to bed early."

"Maybe tomorrow we could steal something decent to eat." Frank said thoughtfully "This shit is disgusting."

"You guys don't seem to have a problem eating it." I pointed out.

Mikey shrugged "You get used to it after a while. It's either power pup or die."

We ate the rest of the cans in silence. Lucy said she was going to bed, Mikey went outside to see if Gerard needed any help and Frank went to find Doctor DD. Penina looked at me and asked "Wanna see if Raven's found a raygun yet?"

I nodded and the two of us walked down several corridors until we found Ray and Raven surrounded by paper work. The two of them were giggling about something "Do you have Crayon's raygun yet?" Penina asked "She's gonna need it if she's coming with us tomorrow."

"Yeah, it's right here." Raven held out a pink raygun with a red handle. I took it from her and Raven smiled "I hope you like it."

"I do." I told her, putting it in my belt "I'm gonna go to bed now. I wanna be fully rested for saving Kat tomorrow."

I said goodnight to everyone then went back to my, or Hozzie's, bedroom. I crawled under the covers then suddenly burst into tears. That night, I cried myself to sleep.

[A/N] - Hey guys, I'm back! :D
Sign up to rate and review this story