Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cemetery Drive

Chapter 1. Reality

by killjoyBandit 0 reviews

Frank wakes up in a mental hospital, supposedly 'insane', with serious amnesia. He meets 3 friends who help him remember his dark past...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-08-25 - Updated: 2012-08-30 - 898 words

0Unrated
Hii, this is my first story on this, so please don't be too harsh in the comments because I know it's shit. So, yeah... I guess, erm... enjoy... ~KilljoyBandit

Chapter 1 - Reality

“Beep, beep, beep...” The unidentified sound started fading into Frank's half-conscious brain. And with it also came reality, seeping into his mind like a drug. But what exactly was reality?

To seventeen-year-old Frank Iero it seemed like the energy that it took just to open one of his bloodshot, sticky eyes could have powered an entire city instead. But he managed it, though it was quite a struggle.

Frank had no idea where he was or how he got there. Thoughts were running through his mind like a herd of wild gazelles. But when he eventually lifted both of his crusted-over, heavy eyelids, he concluded that he must be stuck in a prison cell, somewhere between heaven, hell and, well, reality.

The room he was in really did resemble a prison cell. The light grey walls with scratched and peeling paint gave the impression of one of those abandoned hospitals you see in horror movies, but almost never in real life. So was this a horror movie? Even if so, Frank had no way of escaping from whatever gruesome creature might be lurking under the bed. A tiny barred window up high on the wall behind him and what seemed to be a soundproof door on the opposite side of the room were the only ways out, and he was pretty sure it'd be a bit... impossible, to climb out of a barred window, who knows how high above the ground, that measured only about four by ten inches, or pick a lock on a soundproof door with bare hands. Frank noticed, as he looked around, that the only other items in the room were the unusually clean bed supporting his aching body, a heartbeat monitor on a small table with peeling white paint like a dead person's skin, and a hospital drip on one of them tall stands. He also noticed that he was connected to both the ancient-looking heartbeat monitor and the drip on an old rusty stand, through a tube in his left arm, and a couple of wires, which kind of scared him.

But he didn't even have time to ask himself why. Out of nowhere the door swung open, sending a shot of pure fear from Frank's ears to his brain, back down and all the way to his heart, which skipped in horror. A bony, short woman – probably in her 40s – stormed in, looking like she was about to murder someone with just one glare..

“You're awake!” She stopped and stared at Frank, whose heart was lodged in his throat.

“Y-y-yes, m-ma'am.” He stuttered, noticing how the woman's grey-blonde hair, tied up in a tight bun, was escaping the net and curling away where it met her forehead much like the peeling paint on the table supporting the heartbeat monitor.

Frank nearly jumped out of his skin once again when the woman leaned forward to feel his forehead, then picked up his arm as if it was some sort of pillow that she was about to take all her anger out on and started peeling off plasters, surprisingly gently. Frank just assumed she must be a nurse.

"W-what are you-? What are you doing?" Frank asked, his voice shaking.

"I'm supposed to disconnect these from your arm as soon as you wake up. These are just to help you regain consiousness and make sure the drugs don't have a bad effect on you." The elderly nurse grunted quietly, the irritated - and irritating - expression not leaving her wrinkly face.

As soon as the tubes and wires were no longer attaching frank to the hospital equipment, he sat up, letting the true reality wash over him like waves of worries and questions.

"Get dressed, then come out into the hall. I'll wait there. Just hurry up, you have two minutes!" The nurse ordered, throwing some old clothes onto Frank's lap, making him jump on the spot.

He looked at the clothes, frowning, then looked up at the nurse, curiosity building a solid wall around his brain, and asked, "Where... where am I?"

The nurse, who was already headed for the door, turned around, giving Frank the stare and ignored his question. Instead she snapped, "Less that two minutes! Hurry up! Tick-tock!!" After which she left him alone, shutting the heavy door behind her.

Frank placed his elbows on his knees and his face in his hands, only just noticing the over-sized hospital robe he was wearing. He sighed, trying to figure out just where he was. Because this clearly wasn't a proper hospital.

Then it struck him. He remembered nothing. Of course, he still knew how to speak, he realized he was quite good at some of the trivia questions he asked himself, and complicated math problems. He even named all of the US presidents in order, and discovered that he spoke Italian. But no matter how hard he tried, he could not remember who he was, where he was, or how the hell he got here.

For him, the only reality, was there and then. Everything else was gone. Maybe forever...

So, yeah, what do you think so far? Any good? Comment, just to let me know? Please. ~KilljoyBandit
Sign up to rate and review this story