Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

How MCR Saved My Life: Ever

by Happily_Never_After 4 reviews

This is my story on how MCR saved my life.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2012-08-26 - Updated: 2012-08-27 - 776 words - Complete

1Moving
My name is Ever, and this is how MCR saved my life.

Well, I was nine when this started. I was in my room, reading 'The Princess Bride'. I heard raies voices in the living room. My parents always got into fights. I just went back to reading about Princess Buttercup and Westley because I thought it would just become just another fight that would result in my dad sleeping on the couch and them making up in the morning.

Suddenly I hear the sound of louder shouting, glass breaking, a 'motherfucker!' and my brother, Brett (who was 12 at the time) runs in with bleeding cuts from what looks like broken glass.

"What happened?" I asked him, putting down my book.

"Nothing. Mom and dad just didn't see me there." he tells me, running a hand through his blone hair. I got a bandage (don't ask why I always carry around bandages) and helped him with his cuts. We then just hung out in my room, him hugging me and humming quietly. Then all of a sudden, silence. We heard a whimper and the sound of skin-on-skin, and it wasn't the good kind.

"I'm going to check it out." I whisper, getting up.

He tried to stop me, but my curiosity got the best of me. I made my way out and went to the living room. I saw my mom on the floor crying while my dad was hurting her. I shouted at them to stop.

My dad walked right up to me and shouted back, saying my mom should learn some respect. I threatened to call the cops, but my mom stopped me from doing so. Then, my mom said five words that just totally crushed me.

"John, I want a divorce."

So, they got a divorce. So my mom took custody of me and Brett. And then my mother started to drink and when she did she became violent. We learned that the first day she drank. Then for the rest of the time she was drunk, we were hiding. I still got bullied at school, not physiaclly, but verbally. My dad died in prison when I was eleven.

Then I turned 15. On the EXACT fucking day of my birthday, child services knocked on the door while my mom was drunk. They almost took me away, but my brother said he'd take care of me, since he was 18 and a legal adult.

So we moved out, to my mother's displeasure. So we found a small apartment complex we could barely afford and Brett had to work double shifts to pay for rent. I offered to work to, stop my school, but he was too damn stubborn and refused. Some days we didn't even eat. But we were happy, just the two of us. Although Brett was forgetting our dad was in prison and our mom was rotting away alone drowning her sorrows with alcohol, I remembered. Every second. And it was killing me inside to know that. I just felt like God or whoever pulls the strings up there just hates me. Everybody hated me. I just wanted to die. I started to cut, but the problem was, it was only temporary bliss. I thought it would be easier for everyone if I just died. Brett didn't need to worry over me anymore and care about himself.

So one day, I walked into the shop my brother worked at after school (which was a music shop) and heard a song playing in the background. I really liked it, and it really kind of related to me. I asked my brother's boss what the name of it was. He said it was 'I'm not okay' by My Chemical Romance. 

So I went to the local library and listened to more of their songs and really fell in love with the band and the message they conveyed to their fans through their music. I finally found a reason to keep living.

 Since I loved reading, I accidentally-on purpose found a fanfiction site.

FicWad:  fresh-picked original and fan fiction.

The people seemed friendly and the fanfictions were awesome and well written, so I thought 'Hey, why the fuck not? No one else goes to the library besides me here, so I won't hog the computer.' So I did.

Times are still tough for me and my brother, but MCR helps me through all this. That's why I'm here today. They helped make me who I am today, a proud member of the MCRmy. They saved my life, and countless others too. 

I'm Ever Frost, and this is how MCR saved my life.

True Story
Sign up to rate and review this story