Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Otherworldly

Chapter Two

by anonymowriter 4 reviews

Ryan is really confused by his circumstances.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-08-31 - Updated: 2012-08-31 - 1478 words

1Exciting
Chapter 2

“Will he wake up?” I heard Brendon’s voice from some distance. I was still in a kind of catatonic, comatose state. I was numb. I couldn’t feel anything and I didn’t know where I was. I couldn’t open my eyes, but I could hear my surroundings.

“There’s a good chance that he will. It has only been a week that he’s been out. These things take time. However, when he does wake up, he’ll be extremely confused and he probably won’t know where he is. You’ll have to explain everything to him. If he doesn’t remember who you are, that’s perfectly normal. Just explain who you are. Tell him your name, your relationship to him, etc.”

I heard a sigh and then Brendon spoke again, “Thank you,” and then I heard the door close and I felt him sit down next to me in the chair. I felt his hand slide into mine and then his head rest against my hand, “I’m sorry. I’ve said this every day this week, but I have to say it again. This is all my fault. I never should have suggested that contest. I never should have made you upset. I never should have tried to fix it. You’ve been passed out for a week and I… Why did this happen?” his voice was fragile. And, for once since I’d met him, it didn’t sound as otherwordly. It sounded human.

He sounded human. I used all my strength to squeeze his hand before I managed to open my eyes. I looked at him, “It is your fault,” I wasn’t going to lie, “But nonetheless, I needed to be brought back down to earth. I’m not the sexiest person on the planet. I knew that, to some extent. But I liked to pretend that I am the sexiest person. It makes me feel better.”

His head snapped up and he looked at me, “You’re awake!” yeah, he so did not hear anything I just said. He pulled away from me and flittered out of the room, “Doctor! Doctor! Doctor! HE’S AWAKE!” he yelled. He was excited. Probably happy that he didn’t kill me. I wish I’d died. Just to spite the stupid ass. Wow, I really hadn’t changed.

The doctor came rushing in and began to check my vitals, check to make sure that I wasn’t too badly injured in the crash that my brain was functioning properly. Once he’d decided that I was fine, he stood up, “Well, I’m glad to see that you’re awake. We’d like to keep you in for observation for a few days and then you can go home with your fiancé,” and he walked out.

“What?” I looked up at Brendon, “What the fuck? I don’t even like you, let alone you being my fiancé!” I yelled. Fuck that shit. I was not his damn fiancé, nor would I ever be. He was an alien, for crying out loud. Great, now I sound crazy again. I had to find out if he actually was an alien or just someone that belongs in a mental institution. Though, I wasn’t sure if I’d ever find that out. Oh, I could make him endure a lie detector test. He couldn’t get out of that, I was sure.

He looked hurt. Well, good! As he should. He’s not my fiancé and he never will be. I wasn’t going to let that happen. He looked down as he shuffled his feet, “I only told them that so I could go into the ambulance with you. And it kind of stuck. I’m sorry. I was just worried about you. I was scared that I killed you. And I don’t want to kill you. Because I like you.”

Oh great. Of course he’d like me. That’s just my luck, right? Is this the karma that’s been heading my way this entire time? To have an alien from some other fucking planet come down and like me because I have exhausted all the earth beings? Well, fuck you, karma. I rolled my eyes, “Yeah, sure you do. Because obviously, you’ve exhausted all the other aliens, so you had to come to earth to try and exhaust all the humans, is that it?”

He slowly looked up at me, “I came here because I’m not attractive on my planet. I was forced out. Everyone is so much more beautiful than me,” more beautiful? Holy shit. How could they get more attractive than Brendon? Seriously, “And my mother was so ashamed to have had such an ugly child, so she banished me from the planet. She wanted to preserve the beauty in the family. So I went to the fortune teller of my planet and she told me that my presence was no longer wanted on my planet. That I had to leave. That I’d find my true love as soon as I landed on whatever planet I did. But I guess she was wrong. I guess I should just leave then. I’m sorry for ever bothering you in the first place. By the time you get back to your home, my ship will be gone,” he turned to walk away.

Now I felt bad. I didn’t know what to say but, “Wait!” he turned his face to me. I did have to admit that he was the most beautiful guy I’d ever seen in my life. The whole true love thing was weird, but I mean, seriously. You don’t tell a guy you just met that he’s your true love. That’s just not the way the world works, “You don’t have to leave. I have… abandonment issues. And self-esteem issues that I need to work through. So don’t leave. I might be your true love, I might not be. Maybe Ricardo is your true love. But point is… I don’t want you to leave.”

“But why? You obviously don’t want me.”

“Maybe I do,” I admitted. He was attractive, he was sweet, and the only reason we got into this crash was because he was trying to make me feel better, even if he failed miserably at it. I wasn’t sure if true love was real or even love at first sight. But if he believed in it, I’d let him. I wasn’t going to crush his dreams. Not again. Sure, I’d only just met him, but venturing out into the real world without anyone to help you isn’t easy.

“You do?” he asked hopefully. There was so much hope on his face and in his eyes, it made me want to cry. I wanted to say ‘I said maybe,’ but I couldn’t. I couldn’t say that. He was new to this world and I didn’t want to make him cry. Jesus, what was wrong with me?

“I said maybe,” I decided to say it anyway. Because I was me. And some punkass alien wasn’t going to change me. I didn’t feel bad for him. He crash-landed in my pool. He didn’t deserve my pity. He deserved someone to call him stupid for losing his way and falling to earth. Seriously, who does that?

“Oh. Well… I can do maybe,” and there was that hopeful tone again with a matching smile. He was so cute and attractive and I just wanted to hug him and let him know everything was okay. He sat down on the edge of my bed, holding my hand, “I’m just new to this world… But I really do like you. And you are sexy. To me. I think you’re the most attractive human I’ve met.”

“You haven’t met many humans.”

“But I like you.”

I blushed a little. People told me I was sexy before, attractive too. But, for some reason, the way he said it made me feel all… warm inside.

“Do you like me?”

I didn’t know. I really didn’t. So I just looked at him with a small smile. I wish I had the answer for him, but I didn’t. I willed the answer to come, but I had no such luck. I wished that I did. Though, I knew he was waiting for a yes or a no. If I said no, it would break his heart. If I said yes, he’d be happy. I didn’t know what to say.

---

A/N: I hope you enjoyed! Up on the 31st, as promised! :) Please rate and review! Three reviews would make me super happy!
Sign up to rate and review this story