Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stuck Between Hell and High Water

Stuck Between Hell and High Water - 2

by Poppana 4 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-09-01 - Updated: 2012-09-01 - 1519 words

3Exciting
A/N: Second chapteeeeerrr~ Contains some very mild (in my opinion, anyway) language :)

Chapter 2: Trailer trash

“Did I miss it?!” Frank screamed from the kitchen. “GUYS?! DID I MISS IT?!”

“Shut the fuck up!” Gerard screamed back at him.

“Shut up, both of you,” Gerard and Mikey’s dad said calmly, shutting both of them up. Frank emerged from the kitchen with his arms full of bottles of beer and a couple of bags of nacho chips.

Gerard, Mikey, Ray and Frank all shared this one small apartment, and every Monday and Thursday night Gerard and Mikey’s father Don came over (thought he was there quite often anyway, seeing as he was the one who paid the rent and basically settled all the frequent fights between the four boys), and they would watch their favorite TV show. Baywatch.

“I’m betting that there will be three slow-motion beach runs,” Gerard said, slamming a dollar bill on the couch table.

“Two,” Ray said, placing another five dollars on the table.

“I’m saying one,” Frank said, and the unbelievable amount of money was added to when Frank placed a one dollar bill on top of it.

“I’ll say there’s none,” Mikey said.

“Are you kidding me?” Gerard laughed. “They always run! That’s the whole point of this show. Boobs jiggling.”

“Maybe they won’t run in this one,” Mikey shrugged. “We’ll see.”

A few quiet moments later Frank announced: “I’m gonna change my bet! I’ll say there are no runs, too!”

Mikey, Gerard and Ray all screamed at the same time that it wasn’t possible to change the bet. That went against all of their (kind of nonexistent) rules.

“Shut up! I can do whatever I want! I’m the youngest!” Frank screamed right back at them.

“That has nothing to do with it!”

Don, the settler of all fights and the sound of reason, said with a raised voice so they would hear him: “Everyone plays with the cards they’ve been given!”

Frank grinned in triumph, misunderstanding the meaning of what Don said. “See! I’ve been given a wildcard. And I’m using it now to change my bet. And you guys can just suck it. I won. You guys can suck my big, fat --”

Frank’s speech was interrupted when Gerard punched him in the face (not too hard, obviously) and the two of them started to wrestle on the couch. It was just a normal Monday evening.

Oh, and if you’re curious about who won the bet... Let’s just say Frank really regretted playing his wildcard.

____________________

Gerard looked across the bar, his eyes meeting with the bright green eyes of a woman. He nodded to her, but she just smiled shortly and then looked away. Gerard watched as her boyfriend wrapped his arm around her shoulder, and grinned when she shrugged the arm off.

“How much do you want to bet that I can eat this entire bottle?” Frank asked, already gnawing on the glass beer bottle with his teeth. He managed to scrape some of the label off of it.

“Ten bucks,” Gerard answered to humor the man. Encouraged by this chance to win a crapload of cash, Frank’s biting became furious. Gerard shook his head, taking a long gulp from his own beer. A band was playing on stage, and Gerard refused to acknowledge their loud music.

Mikey and Ray burst into the bar, laughing and carrying a lot of plastic bags and one made out of canvas. “Check it out!” Mikey said cheerfully, slamming the canvas bag on the bar top and the plastic bags on the floor. “We went to a fucking yard sale!”

“A yard sale? Where’d you get the money?” Gerard asked, already panicking. They were pretty tight on money. All four of them were living under one roof in a three-bedroom apartment in the cheapest, dirtiest, most violent building in the worst neighborhood in New Jersey. All money they earned (which wasn’t much) went towards alcohol, guitar strings, and Big Macs. They didn’t even have a car, and they stole whatever they could whenever they could.

“We didn’t pay for any of it,” Ray explained. “It wasn’t even a yard sale.”

“It was on a yard!” Mikey argued.

“You know Pete who lives two blocks down from us? The one who looks like a serial rapist? His wife was screaming at him and throwing his stuff out of the window, and we were lucky enough to pass by.”

“Yeah, and look!” Mikey laughed, opening up the canvas bag. “We got a VCR! Now we can watch porn all night long! And don’t worry, Frank, we can watch your kind of porn, too. You know, with midgets and stuff.”

Gerard shook his head. Yes, this was his brother. No, he was not very proud. “Mikey? That’s not a VCR.”

“Yes it is! I even went to Blockbuster on my way here and got a video!” Mikey argued, showing them the Bambi video.

“Then tell me, how do you put the video into the VCR?”

Mikey started to demonstrate how to insert the video into the karaoke machine he had thought was a VCR, and failed miserably. Lucky for him, no one had the chance to mock him when Frank finally managed to break the bottle with his teeth, and his tongue began to bleed so much that he passed out.

__________________________

The tiny girl buried her bare feet into the sand. She was sitting outside of her mother’s trailer on a gray stained plastic lawn chair. Very questionable sounds were coming from the small trailer behind her, but she did her best to ignore them. It was a chilly night, and the thin hoodie she wore over her summer dress didn’t do much to keep out the cold, especially not with all the tears and assortment of cigarette ash burns.

Every now and then she would glance up from the sand and to the road, looking for a car. But there was nothing, just an empty line of grass and gravel. It was useless to wish he’d show up, he only came a few times a week.

The squeak of the trailer door opening made her flinch, and a ray of yellow light hit the ground. She hoped the door wouldn’t fall off again; last time it did, it wasn’t fixed for weeks.

She sat very still, not wanting to see the fat and greasy man anymore than she had to. She kept her eyes fixated on the sand. A man stepped out of the trailer, and it made a small groaning sound as weight was lifted from the old board that was replacing the floor. He was still panting, zipping up his pants that barely fit him. His hair had matted against his sweaty forehead covering zits from not bathing properly, and he grinned as he noticed the little girl who was trying to hide in the shadows.

“You know,” he said laughing. “Your mom... She might be expensive, but damn she can ride a dick. Best pussy I’ve had in years.”

The girl looked up at him with a serious expression on her face, hoping he’d leave already. She knew men like him were the ones that put the clothes on he back and provided the food for her and her mother, but knowing that did nothing to the queasy feeling she got whenever she saw them. He simply laughed again, fished out a dollar from his pocket and dropped it on her lap. Despite her disgust towards this man, it excited her to have a dollar her mother knew nothing about. Usually the woman took any money that was given to her daughter.

“Here,” he said. “Buy yourself a candy. That’s all I can afford to give after your mom sucked me dry. In more ways than one.”

She could still hear his laugh as he walked away to his rusted red pickup truck that barely started. After she went inside to the trailer and closed the door, she realized the only reason it was hot because of the sex.

Her naked mother was sitting on the couch once again, sucking on a cigarette with a bottle of smelly beer in her hand. She didn’t even glance at her daughter when the girl entered the trailer.

She knew it was useless to ask for dinner, knowing the only thing in the small fridge was a case of beer, so she went straight to the bench where she had made bed, and laid there. The itchy blanket made her cry sometimes because she was so tired and couldn't sleep, but not tonight. She listened to the sounds of the TV until sleep finally whisked her away.

_______________________________

A/N: Oh and if anyone wants to see the trailer to the movie this story is based on, you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0vVZR9j0Ow
Sign up to rate and review this story