Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Replace my Heart with a Hand Grenade

by Happily_Never_After 1 review

Oneshot for Mikey Week! :3 Sorry, I couldn't find a better title, but you know.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-09-11 - Updated: 2012-09-12 - 403 words - Complete

1Ambiance
'Sitting in the chair
 Looking at you with a blank stare
 In the empty room
 You can hear the dound of impending doom
 Disgused in the sound of a serenade
 Replace my heart with a hand grenade' I wrote down onto the blank sheet of notebook paper, the fringed side beginning to curl up. Some would think waiting for boyfriend to come home from work would be more entertaining.

I turn on the tv and flicked through the channels. There was nothing on, so I just had to watch the news.

"— and Breaking News: a terrorist attack is happening as we speak. Chaos is spreading throughout New York. It appears two planes crashed into the World Trade Center. The first plane was thought to be an accident. Literally thousands of people are jumping out of the smoking building and onto the ground. Some were able to live, but unfortunately most died."

I sat up in horror. I started to feel sick to my stomach. That's where Mikey worked. I watched the live footage, watched as the second plane crashed into the towers. My eyes started to water. What if he was one of the ones who died? I was going to ask him to marry me tomorrow. I have the ring in my pocket.

I took it out and played with the ring in my slim, cold fingers. A single tear dropped onto the ring, splashing as it hit the metal.

Suddenly, I heard the doorknob jiggle and a soot-covered figure runs through the door, slamming it shut.

"Oh my god, Mikey, you're okay!" I all but squeal as we collide into a hug. 

"I escaped through Staircase A, the only stairwell open. It's a good thing I didn't jump like I was planning to. Oh god, Frankie!" we hug really tight.

"Mikey, I was planning to do this tomorrow, but I realize now that anything could take you away from me at any second and I don't want to put it off any longer." I take the ring and kneel down in front of him.

"Michael James Way, will you marry me?" I ask him.

His expression turns from shock to joy as he squeals and hugs me.

"I'm taking that as a yes." I giggle and smile. 

Anything could have happened arpund us, but we were oblivious to the rest of the world. In each others arms.

Like? For RockMusic's oneshot :3
Sign up to rate and review this story