Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Emergency

8- Dead

by FairytaleFiction

Warning: Character death; after this twist, everyone feels differently.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-09-13 - Updated: 2012-09-13 - 1888 words

?Blocked
The footsteps were quick and then the door burst open, leaving me in an awkward position. I pulled the blanket up tightly to my body as I sat up, hoping I hadn’t flashed any of my body to the man I hated more than anything else in this cruel world.

Jack grinned crookedly, “Mikes, why didn’t you tell me? When the guy at the auction house described you I knew who it was immediately.”

Mikey sat up and glanced at me. I was surprised with what I saw but I refused to label it because concern wasn’t something guys like him felt for girls like me, when my label was so brightly outlined- victim.

“Now come on, it looks like you’re having all the fun. If we had known then we would’ve all come over for a taste. How’d you get her to shut up?” Jack took a menacing step in to the room, letting his mouth run free.

Mikey stood quickly, “This isn’t a free for all Jack.” He warned, his tone dripping with unspoken threats.

I watched the two. It was amazing really how they conveyed such threats towards each other without saying a single thing. When I saw them together something became painfully clear to me… I had no idea what I was up against when it came to Mikey.

“What is it then?” Jack asked, his eyes narrowing.

“Let’s take this downstairs.” Mikey suggested. “Dylan doesn’t need to hear it.”

“Dylan?” Jack’s eyebrow rose as he gave Mikey a questioning glance. “So now we are on a first name basis with the little slut, are we?”

“I am.” Mikey answered, “You don’t really belong here.”

Jack sighed loudly, “I was afraid this was the way things would go. You see Mikes, you’re not really cut out for this business.” He gestured to me. “You’re not cut out for her. I’d be more than happy to take her off your hands though.” I felt myself go cold at the idea of switching from Mikey to Jack. Jack… thoroughly disgusted me. Mikey I could partially stand.

“I’d rather be dead than be with you.” I spit out, glaring openly at Jack.

Jack laughed, “That can be arranged dear.” He promised. I didn’t doubt the truth of his words.

“Jack, out.” Mikey commanded.

Then things got bad, really fast.

Jack’s hand moved slowly and the gun he was carrying came in to view. The room was dark, but not dark enough to hide his dark intentions. “I was prepared for this Mikey. I’m always prepared.” Jack spoke coldly as he lifted the gun, aiming it lazily in my direction. Mikey didn’t move. “When I told you to drop her off at the auction I did so because I wanted the worst for the big mouthed brat. I didn’t want you to buy her and give her a life of luxury.” Jack snapped.

I let out a deep breath once I realized I’d been holding my breath. Jack barely looked at me but the gun remained in place and I knew I was just one dangerous second away from being dead.

Mikey found his voice, “She’s not living a life of luxury here Jack.” He fought to sound confident and I wondered why he was so unnerved. The gun was pointed at me, not at him.

“Is that right?” Jack asked, “Tell her to drop the blanket then. We can have some fun right now, the kind of fun girls like her just love to have.”

Mikey’s jaw clenched, along with his fists. He said nothing.

I thought it would be harder to let go but it wasn’t. My fingers weren’t even trembling. I think it was all of the rage I felt towards Jack that kept me from falling apart due to how nervous I was. The blanket dropped down and I was the only one in the room that was totally revealed.

“Cover yourself.” Mikey immediately snapped.

Jack laughed and the gun moved slowly from me to Mikey. “Don’t.” Jack spoke softly, but the threat was still there.

“Now.” Mikey just glared at Jack, “Dylan, listen to me or there will be consequences.”

I glanced at Mikey, “He’s going to shoot you.” Why did I care?

“Until he does you’re mine.” Mikey answered, gazing in to my eyes. How did he not even seem scared? “And I’m not going to order you to do anything with him, or any other man… /not that you’d even listen./” I almost laughed at the last bit he whispered but the situation was just too dangerous to giggle over.

I hesitantly grabbed the blanket, pulling it back over my body. “It seems the only person in this room that wants you to get laid is you. Must feel like high school all over again.” I glared at Jack.

Jack’s face went red and the gun began to move again, from Mikey to me. It never made it that far. Mikey lunged, grabbing Jack’s wrist. The gun pointed upward but didn’t go off. Mikey slammed it out of his hand and forced him to the ground, promptly kicking him in the side.

Jack coughed and I scrabbled for the gun, completely disregarding my lack of clothing.

Mikey kicked Jack again. He didn’t even seem to realize I’d moved until I was across from him, pointing the gun down at Jack. Jack turned over and glanced up at me, letting out a laugh. “Gonna shoot me?” He taunted.

Mikey shook his head, “Don’t do it Dylan. Just give me the gun.”

I kept the gun steadily pointed at Jack, “I want him dead. He killed my dad. He ruined everything.” I choked out, “I hate him, and I want him dead.”

“Wanting someone dead and actually killing them are two very different things.” Mikey informed me, “Killing someone never feels good, despite whatever relief you’re hoping to gain. Their blood will stain your hands forever and you’ll never be able to escape it. Jack isn’t worth feeling like that. Jack isn’t worth losing your innocence.”

I could taste the salty tears that fell down my cheeks, resting upon my lips. “He killed my dad and he hates me. He hates me for humiliating him when he broke in to my house. He hates that I talked back and he- he’s never going to let this stupid grudge go, even though he’s taken everything from me.” It was the truth. Guys like Jack took their pride very seriously, and it was obvious I’d wounded his.

Mikey nodded, “I know.” Mikey held out his hand, “But you’re not going to be the one to kill him. I will.”

Jack’s eyes widened and he moved to stand up but Mikey kicked him in the side again, keeping him down.

“Give me the gun Dylan.” Mikey softly commanded, “You don’t want to go down this path because there is no returning once you do.”

My hands started to shake as I was assaulted with thought, after thought. My parents hated guns. I hated guns. I hated Jack. Mikey-

Mikey’s hand closed around the gun and then he was taking it from me. My hands fell uselessly to my sides. “Get dressed.” Mikey whispered, pointing the gun at Jack. “Get up Jack. We’re going outside.”

Jack looked hesitant but then he covered that with a hateful smile and stood, leading himself from the room. Mikey followed after him.

I needed to know what was going to happen.

I needed to see for myself.

I pulled open one of Mikey’s drawers, finding boxers and socks. I pulled a pair of boxers on. It only took me a few more drawers to find t-shirts and I quickly pulled one of those on as well. My mind was numb as I stumbled down the stairs, towards the front door.

I needed to know what Mikey was really going to do.





It was dark and cold outside, signifying that I’d been asleep for a while before Jack showed up. I could hear arguing and so I followed that noise, finding Mikey and Gerard arguing. Jack was standing in front of them like a deer caught in the headlights. He had a gash on his forehead, and he was clutching on to his side where Mikey had kicked him.

“So what if I called him and told him?” Gerard yelled; eyes wide and red. Something looked off about him… more off than usual.

Mikey looked absolutely angry, “You’re fucking high Gerard. You’re high and I warned you what I’d do if I found out you were doing drugs again.”

Gerard lunged at Mikey but Mikey hit him across the face with the butt of the gun. There was a resounding whack and I watched in horror as Gerard fell to the ground in front of Mikey.

Mikey glanced at me, pointing the gun at Jack again. “Are you sure you want to be here?” He asked me in a deadly tone.

I nodded, not trusting my voice enough to speak.

“Mikes, you don’t want to-“ Jack began to speak but it was too late. His fate had been decided.

Mikey’s finger pressed down upon the trigger. The loud noise that issued from the gun seemed to silence all of my thoughts. I jumped as blood splashed on to my arms, and the front of Mikey’s shirt. Had I been standing that close? Jack fell to the ground, dead.

Mikey leaned down, roughly slapping Gerard’s face with the gun.

I could barely tear my eyes away from Jack’s body.

He was just so lifeless.

It seemed so sudden, and it was so final.

I guess it just wasn’t what I’d expected.

Mikey was right though…

I didn’t want to be the one that did it, but how could he deal with being the shooter?

How many people had he killed? My brother…

Gerard choked out something as Mikey helped him up. Mikey walked over to me, “We have some… stuff we have to do. Why don’t you go inside?”

He moved to place his hand on my shoulder and I pulled away, nearly stumbling from my own forceful action. Mikey let his hand fall away. “Put your clothing in a plastic bag please. I’ll dispose of it. Then it’s probably best that you shower again.”

I nodded.

Murder- and we were going to cover it up. Of course we were going to cover it up. I hadn’t really expected to Mikey call the police after, giving away our location. It still just seemed so surreal though.

And so I left in to the house, feeling numb to my growing feelings.

Soon enough they would surface however and I knew that wouldn’t be good because deep inside I was terrified. I was more terrified than I’d originally been.

I’d seen exactly what Mikey was capable of.

And I knew exactly what I wasn’t capable of.
Sign up to rate and review this story