Categories > Original > Horror

Answer The Phone?

by Unarguably-UnKnOwN 1 review

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-09-23 - Updated: 2012-09-25 - 421 words

1Exciting
It was a dark, foggy night, in the month of December, it was 3am at night and walking down the street on the way home, was a young lady with black hair tied in a ponytail, possibly at the age of sixteen years, she had dark brown eyes, pale skin,and sharp facial features. She wore a green woolen sweater that her grandmother had made her and skinny jeans that just stretched around her stick-thin legs.
Lily was an average, New York-born girl, She was good and bad at a few subjects, and she had a few friends here and there, but not everyone liked her.
She had been starving herself for a month now and had been doing so since. She thought she was overweight, and other people, including her parents, started to worry about her dietary problems.
She passed by the many nooks and cranneys in her neighborhood, the shops and and stations that were already closed, all until she stood in front of her house. It wasn't a mansion, nor was it a cottage.
No one else but her was there as both her mother and father's parents were dead, her older brother was severely ill and her parents were away to London for a job opportunity.
Lily reached the key from her pocket and stretched her right arm for the door as the coldness of the night time winter winds slid like a snake down her spine.
She slowly proceeded to flip the door open after unlocking it.
As soon as she got through, she rushed up the staircase and got prepared for bed.
Ten minutes after going into a thin sleep, her cell phone began to ring, and it made her jump out of her sleep.
"That's strange, I thought it was switched off." she whispered with a raised brow.
The call information said "UNKNOWN AREA is calling."
Lily made a confused face, all the contacts she knew were her friends, and her relatives, that was it. Why would someone in an unknown area be calling her at this time?
She sighed and ignored the cell phone but it kept going, louder and LOUDER until it hurt her ears.
Lily then picked up the phone furiously and...

ANSWERED IT.

"Right, who is it?" she asked with a tone of frustration in her voice.
Nothing was heard but a loud crackling noise.
"Hello?" she raised her voice slightly.
The crackling noise continued to increase in volume.
"Ugh." she held her head as she hung up her cell.
Sign up to rate and review this story