Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Safest Place To Be

Safest Place To Be

by Kitana 0 reviews

[Tatsumi + Tsuzuki] [G/PG-13 (hard to say?)] During the Kyoto arc, when Tatsumi saves Tsuzuki from Muraki, Tsuzuki needs comforting.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Tatsumi, Tsuzuki - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-06-03 - Updated: 2005-06-03 - 541 words - Complete

-1Predictable
Title: Safest Place To Be
Author: Kitana
Warnings: PG-13 sort of, might be a lesser rating. Tatsumi + Tsuzuki; Tatsumi comforts Tsuzuki after a bout with Muraki mixes up his emotions. Enjoy!
Writing Music: Yami no Matsuei - Eden (Opening Theme)

*

Amethyst eyes blinked sleepily, slowly focusing on a fuzzy point in the ceiling. Tsuzuki looked around without sitting up, spotting a familiar sight among all the unusual.

"Tatsumi...? Where am I?"

Tatsumi was startled slightly by Tsuzuki's soft, sleep-laden voice, but turned to him and smiled. "You're in a hotel room, and before you say anything, don't worry about the cost. I'm paying for it with my credit card." Tatsumi flashed a little sliver of gold plastic.

Tsuzuki sat up, shifting to stretch tired, sore muscles. A wave of shock pulsed through Tsuzuki as he remembered the previous night. "Tatsumi! What about the girl from last night?"

Tatsumi stood from his chair and crossed the room in a few strides easily. He sat on the bed next to his fellow Shinigami, pushing up his glasses, clearing his throat, anything to avoid ...

"Well?" Tsuzuki insisted frantically. He desperately wanted to know.

"She's okay, Tsuzuki. I had Hisoka take her to her home." Tatsumi replied, trying to keep his tone soothing. He was angry, no, pissed off. He would curse Kazutaka Muraki; send him to the deepest pits of ninth level Hades... but not now. Not while Tsuzuki needed his protection.

Tsuzuki's eyes softened gratefully, and he lowered his head. It was slight, the tremors going through Tsuzuki, so slight that Tatsumi almost didn't notice.

"Anything wrong, Tsuzuki?"

Tsuzuki leaned over abruptly into Tatsumi's chest, surprising the older man once again. Gripping Tatsumi's upper arms, Tsuzuki let his pent up tears flow. For so long now, he wanted to cry; he wanted to let loose all of the emotion Muraki forced to surface.

Tatsumi smiled bitterly, faintly, and tangled his fingers into Tsuzuki's hair, stroking softly. It was a small gesture, he knew, but comforting none the less.

"You needn't cry like this, Tsuzuki." Tatsumi said, his voice barely above a whisper.

Tsuzuki looked up at Tatsumi, his eyes sparkling bright with tears yet to shed. "I know, and I'm sorry, Tatsumi."

Tatsumi shook his head, lifting Tsuzuki's chin with his free hand. "Don't be sorry to me, ever. You've done nothing."

"Yeah, but I'm so ... I don't know, Tatsumi. I ... Muraki ... it's like he knows every secret I've tried to keep hidden..."

"That's why you have to fight him, Tsuzuki."

Tsuzuki sighed, and loosened his grip on Tatsumi's arms, pushing Tatsumi's hands away as he did so. Instead he shifted until he could comfortably lay in Tatsumi's lap. "I remember when I did this all the time. I miss you sometimes, Tatsumi."

Tsuzuki closed his eyes, and for a moment, he felt completely at peace. A different harmony than he achieved with Hisoka, this was a somber peace, a sleepy tranquility. He could almost hear Tatsumi's pulse, but he knew it to be just his own heartbeat, calming in it's own steadiness.

Tsuzuki felt Tatsumi's hand brush away a stray tear that had fallen, and felt Tatsumi's soft chuckle nearly as much as he felt it.

"I sometimes miss you too, Tsuzuki."

~Owari~
Sign up to rate and review this story