Categories > Original > Historical > The Broken Creed

Chapter 2

by IceyandAndy 0 reviews

Will such technology like the Animus allow the Templars to win? Or will the Assassins finally overrule for the greater good? What about the third group that history never knew about? What variabl...

Category: Historical - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-09-27 - Updated: 2012-09-28 - 2220 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Be very careful! He's an animus user," Abby was beside her, almost shouting off Andreah's ear. They had actually done it. Not only had they hacked into his world, they hacked into his session. And it seemed like the other team didn't have a clue.

"Guys, what am I supposed to do? I can't just flake out all of a sudden, he'll probably follow me. Nor can I stick around, because apparently he's just a suspicious as I was of him, and that probably goes likewise with his buddies outside the animus," Andreah babbled, feeling the anxiety build up.

Abby sighed, "Just chill for a little bit. We'll copy what information we can onto a disc, and we'll get you out of there in no time," Abigale tried to sooth her friend. All Andreah could hear was frantic pacing, typing, and dead silence behind it all.

Amilia's heart skipped a beat, and her eyes broke from Daniel. Her mind raced to gather her composure, and she forced her eyes to look back at Daniel. She faked a smile this time, and if he was really paying attention, he'd notice that the smile didn't reach her eyes.

"You aren't going to run off on me now. Are you?" Daniel asked playfully unsure if she really did wish to run.

Amilia laughed a bit at Daniel poking at her. He seemed to have more fun than originally intended. And to be fair, so was she. Amilia stepped back a bit, smiling playfully, "Only if you give me a reason to," she said. Knowing a chase was not the best idea at the time; she couldn't help but stop provoking it pleasingly.

"Would you like to go get a drink?" Daniel asked almost randomly.

"Yes, let's go out on a date with the anomaly..." Neal voicing his objection and ruined the illusion the Daniel and Amilia were alone, "I know you don't get out a lot. But seriously?" Alex ignored him focusing on staying in sync with Daniel.

His side wasn't the only one displeased with the idea. "Andreah I don't really-" Drew started before the animus memories decided for them.

"Wine sounds quite pleasing," Amilia replied, taking a step back towards him.

"Indeed it does," Daniel replied then held out an arm for her. He walked with her down the streets of Spain. It was getting late which meant it was getting dark. Luckily for any night owls the streets were lined with candles providing light in the popular areas that people never wanted to leave no matter the time. The whole effect was actually pretty charming. Definitely something you couldn't see by walking by the street these days. They stopped at the first tavern along their way enjoying some wine and same talk.

"You never answered by question before," Daniel said with smile, "Why were you following me?" It was clear she avoided the question before but he wasn't going to let to go so easy. There had to be a reason, all of them except pure curiosity could compromise the brotherhood.

Amilia looked down at her hands, the fidgeted in her lap. She paused and looked up at him, her eyes showing a somewhat rawness inside her. She took a deep breath before speaking, "I was testing you. I wanted to see your ways. To see how you act according to your creed," she said slowly.

Daniels eyes narrowed a little as she spoke of tests and his ways. What was she up too? Did she want to hire him for a job? Alex twitched in the chair as he heard the word creed. Your creed? Instead of the creed? Meaning she either wasn't an assassin or she was an outsider who didn't follow the same rules as him.

"Well," he smirked, "Did I pass?"

She smiled at him, "You did very well, just as I had expected," she said, which wasn't a lie at all. Amilia paused and looked at Daniel's awaiting eyes again. What was she getting at? What could she possibly say to even as much as convince him she meant no harm?

"But, what I'm here for, what the real intent of this all," she said, being careful to word things right, "I want to learn your creed, the ways of your Assassins."

Andreah's own smile grew a little bit, and she hoped that this was going to work. If it did, they might not even need to really hack deeper into the databases anymore. They could simply watch the secrets as they unfolded, practically handing them everything on a silver platter.

"Uh Neal?" Alex mumbled feeling conflicted about the request.

"Wow, that is interesting," Neal replied never being one to lose words. "I'll do more research about her with a request like that she has to be noted somewhere."

"But what do I do now?" Alex asked.

"Just try to let yourself go and let Daniel come out. All the memories are there in your head and blood, Owen," he replied using Alex's last name reminding him of his heritage.

"Do you really know what the all includes?" Daniel asked. Being fully in the creed was as hard as truly changing your religion. It was a life style, a way of almost being. "I think this life style might be too dark for you," he said taking a sip of his wine. Even through Alex felt a bit shakily, Daniel seemed to hold firm. Cool, calm and collected.

"But I have to disagree. If it wasn't too morbid for my ancestors," she said, raising the glass to her lips, leaving them a deeper shade of red after the sip, "I wouldn't think it would be for me."
"You don't look like you could take a life," Daniel said sounding like he meant it, "Why didn't you learn from your ancestors?"

Andreah knew she couldn't play twenty questions forever. She'd run into a lie that contradicted a prior one. "Well, my closest ancestor was my father," Amilia said, her voice flat, "But, he passed away before I was old enough," she said. Well, at least half of that was the truth. "I stayed with my uncle Dimitri, till now. He told me stories, and I knew there were only a few people to turn to about it," she ended.

The two animus teams were scrambling, trying to figure out how play the hand they were dealt. But the decision really wasn't theirs in the first place. "All right," Daniel agreed, his blue eyes watching hers, "But you will have to prove yourself to me." Daniel's expression was a unique and hard to point-point.

Amilia's gaze didn't break from Daniel's and her smile warm with gratefulness, "Thank you," she said, trying to control her voice so she wouldn't come off overly happy. She knew if she seemed too happy about it, he'd probably be weird about it. Someone becoming an assassin isn't like winning an award. But Andreah was looking forward to the prize with it. The information they needed.

Daniel simply nodded; recruits were always welcome as long as they had the heart for it. It wasn't likely that he would even be the one to train her anyways.

Amilia reached the bottom of her drink, taking that as a sign. "Well, I'm sorry señor, I think it's time for me to head off. You wouldn't want me to be slow on the first day, ¿te?" she said. But didn't pull away from the table just yet, wanting to see if time would let her leave, if history allowed it. And maybe, if he would allow it.

Knowing that she had the skills and cards to win the game but he not only did he hold the deck but controlled the game. A dangerous one at that. Right now it was all about trust in her and without it this plan could fall through at any moment.

"I wouldn't want to disappoint you," Amilia added in a little flirt.

Daniel sat back in the seat as his eyes did all the movements. They tracked every muscle movement with great interest. His face went was blank to curious as she flirted. Daniel could read into the comment a little knowing it had been more than a passing remark. It was something even more dangerous, he figured.

Now that she got what she wanted it wasn't surprised that Amila wanted to head out. It wasn't like she was a doxy who had a service to do now. Daniel got out of the seat first as if he was going to leave. As he moved his hand he felt cold metal against his hands. A silent reminder of what he really was. Of what she wanted to be, or might already be somewhat.

"If you insist," he replied in an even tone, not pushing for more. Plus, she wanted him. Well, his talents, skill and creed at least. "Would you like me to walk you home?" Daniel asked, ever the gentleman.

"That would be nice," Amilia smiled, as they decided to walk the streets again. "So, tell me more. About your creed or maybe even a bit about yourself?"

He was no more than a step behind her as she led him back to her house. It was a right choice to let him walk her home, he would have just followed her home if she refused. "About me huh?" he repeated. What could he really say? She knew his job, and his life style. He wasn't the type to talk about childhood memories or family.

"Well the creed is very old," he started and turned to look at her face. "Do you know it?" Daniel asked wondering if she even knew exactly what he was signing up for. It would be a pain if she decided half way through if she wanted to be flashy about her dealings.

Amilia watched Daniel as he thought about what he was going to say. She noticed how he thought first about himself, about what he could say, than he changed to the creed. He must not like talking about himself. She nodded slowly to his question, "I know some what about the rules you follow," she said looked away in thought. A rough outline of it was easy to figure out, but not the deep details of them, and that's why she needed to learn. Amilia was the one in control but Andreah at times felt too attached, feeling the same emotions with each flirt or hint of information. The villa she lived at was only moments away, meaning that lesson would have to be cut short.

"So, shall I see you tomorrow morning?" Daniel asked as they stopped outside her home. The question felt more like he was asking her out on a date then a teacher student type of thing. Daniel thought that he'd have to watch out for that. Being side tracked by a dame was exactly what he didn't need.

"I'll be waiting," Amilia said her smile soft, simple, "Gracias Señor Ortiz for the night." Bowing her head respectfully for a moment, she then turned away and headed to her door that was only a few strides away. Pausing with her hand on the door and glanced back at Daniel again. "Buenas noches," she said her smiling growing wider.

"Good night,' Daniel repeated. He briefly looked the home over; something told him the architecture wouldn't tell him anything interesting. This place seemed familiar; he thought he might know who her uncle was. He had not personally ever met the man, just heard stories. Then again his own reputation might not be much better. Daniel's smirk, a smile that could rival the devils. "What did I get myself into too?" he bit his bottom lip to hold back a chuckle as he started back the way he came. He walked a little distance away before deciding to opt for a short cut. Climbing up a nearby wall before jumping up to a higher ledge.

He started to walk along the rooftop. Only a few steps through before he stopped and closed his eyes. "Fast forwarding to a more recent memory," a voice overcast said. The world whizzed away from his version, the exact reason he keep his eyes closed. It was a cool but dizzying effect. When he opened his eyes he was no longer Daniel but Owen again.

He sat up from the Animus, taking a slow breath as if it was the first he had in the 21st century in a while. "Thoughts?" he said feeling a dull headache trying to creep up.
"I think there is an error with her code or some other type of bug. Her readings display differently but I can't tell you what it means," Neal answered.
"Do you mean the program is going to crash or something if I stick around her?"

"Not quite. She is more like a glyph. Odd things might happen around her I'll email Emily about it."

Owen nodded thinking about his own duty to his family and the assassins. This had been the most interesting thing to happen in their research for far. Was Amilia important? Was she more than a ghost in the machine? Either way things were about to change.
Sign up to rate and review this story