Categories > TV > Xena: Warrior Princess > Pebbles

When

by ukeueue 0 reviews

The water ripples and churns. A series of ficlets. 46 - Still, she should have expected it.

Category: Xena: Warrior Princess - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gabrielle - Published: 2012-10-02 - Updated: 2012-10-03 - 198 words - Complete

0Unrated
46. When
31 July 2006
X/A

When Xena told her, very hesitantly, that she was going to spend the night at Ares' temple, Gabrielle laughed at first.

When Xena didn't grin back, she gaped and stuttered something unintelligible.

Still, she should have expected it. Like it or not, the bastard had changed. He was learning. Which was good, considering all the time she'd so graciously given to teach him about interpersonal relationships while Xena was off punching some poor fish in the face. Any longer, and she would have written him off as a complete failure. It had been pretty awkward, with him pretending that he wasn't asking, and her pretending that she didn't know.

Still.

This was Xena they were talking about. For all her seductive charm, she wouldn't know romance if it upped and bit her on the ass.

Which was probably why Gabrielle was still staring speechlessly when Xena gave her a quick hug and promised to catch up with her early tomorrow.

"But not too early," Gabrielle called after her.

When Xena turned to flash her a smile, there was a blush on her face.

Gabrielle wondered how Lucifer was dealing with his new climate issue.
Sign up to rate and review this story