Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Hero, Villain, Savior, Conqueror

Prologue: Sentence

by Aerin 0 reviews

In which Harry is arrested.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Harry, Other - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2005-06-03 - Updated: 2005-06-03 - 531 words

3Exciting
A/N: Alright, this is based off of a challenge by Rorschach's Blot, the author of Lord of Caer Azkaban, where HArry discovers he's the Lord of Azkaban after being sent there; he must be innocent. I already have 25 chapters and the Prologue posted at FF.N; it will eventually be 30 chapter, Prologue, and Epilogue, and there's a sequel in the works.

A/N2: Title is taken from THE BEST X-BOX GAME EVER (along with it's sequel, that is), Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Malak says to Revan at the Star Forge: "Hero, villain, savior, conqueror. You are all and none of these things, Revan." Just thought it fit.

Disclaimer for the whole story: Harry Potter belongs to J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros., not me. If I owned Harry Potter, do you think there would be any doubt about Sirius living? I didn't think so.

WELL, here we go...

Hero, Villain, Saviour, Conqueror

Prologue: Sentence


The messy-haired boy sat erect, ignoring the bonds chafing his wrists as he glared cooly at Fudge. "I am telling you for the last time, Fudge, I did not murder them."

The chubby bastard glared at him right back. "There is absolutely no way that that is possible, Mr. Potter. We gave you Veritaserum, you confessed to the crime. All for innocent?" No one in the room raised their hand. Despite the pain he felt inside, the look on Harry's face was nothing short of serene. "Guilty?" Every hand raised.

The boy was receiving more glares than he ever had in his entire life. The Weasleys, Hermione, Remus, Dumbledore... All of them were looking at him as though he were the worst sort of traitor. But he did not protest as Fude droned on endlessly about how he would be sent to Azkaban with two life sentences and no chance of parole, and ask him if he had any last words before he was taken away.

He turned his bright green gaze on the occupants of the room, browsing about and looking at no one in particular. "You beat me down," was all he said. "You beat me down, and every time, when you realize that you're wrong, you expect me to get up and save your goddamn sorry asses again. Well, it won't happen this time. I'm not just your bloody savior anymore. You can save yourselves."

The Dementors came then. They floated in, and the screaming started in his mind. He was unlocked from his chair once the Dementors had reached him and each grabbed a hold of one of his arms. He passed out before he was pulled onto the shuttle boat to the prison, before he saw the sympathetic gaze the ferryman gave him, before he was unceremoniously deposited into a cell ane before, at his first contact with Azkaban, a glowing white rune appeared on his left palm.

Harry James Potter was unconscious through it all.

A/N: Yes, it was short, it was a Prologue, and I wanted to get the idea out because the evil rabid plot bunnies had bitten... Does it suck? Does it rock? Review and tell me!

~Aerin
Sign up to rate and review this story