Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > War

I sat up slowly and looked around. Everyone was standing there. Jennifer was there, still alive. I looked at Sam and found that she still had both her hands. But I couldn’t see Lucy anywhere “Where’s Lucy?” I asked, rubbing my hand after that weird hallucination or dream or whatever I’d just had.

“We sent her away. She swore not to tell BLI and we swore to leave her alone.” Gerard wrapped his arms around me “I thought I’d lost you.”

I gave him a shaky smile “You’ll never lose me.” I hugged him back “I’ve survived a shot to the face before and now I’ve survived another one. Back where I come from that’d be a pretty big miracle.”

“I’ve been thinking.” Hozzie muttered, biting her lip “Why can’t we just go back to where Crayon used to live? Or where we used to live when our parents were still alive? I don’t understand.”

“Because we’d never have enough money to buy one of those fancy airplane tickets.” Frank said “I don’t know what we’re supposed to. Do you guys really trust Lucy? I mean, after Penina punched her in the face, I think she’s going to tell someone-“

“Are you saying this is my fault?” Penina cried.

“Of course not! Actually, I’m proud of you for punching her in the face. I’m just saying that I don’t trust her not to tell anybody.”

“I know.” Gerard bit his lip “But I don’t know where else we can go. Every town around here seems to be filled with crazy people wanting to force us into an unrealistic lifestyle.”

“We’ve only been to two towns.” Raven pointed out “And some of our friends seemed to really like that other town.”

“Which was really weird if you ask me.” Mikey commented “I don’t know what to do. We could look for a new town but the kids would be even fussier in the car ride this time than they were before.”

“Would you rather have the kids be fussy or dead?” Penina asked “We’re leaving! Now!”

“I don’t wanna leave the diner.” Hozzie moaned.

“And I don’t wanna die!” Penina yelled “Go and fucking pack!”

Hozzie squeaked but jumped up and ran off to pack. The rest of us did the same.



A couple of hours later we were all ready and drove off into the desert together. Luckily, since it was the middle of the night, most of the kids were still asleep and we could drive in peace for a long time. Most of us chose to go to sleep except for me and Gerard. Gerard was driving the car and I was in the passenger’s seat with Finn on my lap and Rosie asleep with her head on my side “I had a crazy dream when Lucy shot me in the face.” I said to Gerard and told him everything that had happened “It felt so real. Seeing you completely broke my heart.” I paused “That’d never really happen would it?”

“What, Lucy trying to control us all? Of course not. We could easily overpower her.” Gerard said it with determination in his voice “So Crayon, what happens when we find this new town?”

“We start over again.” I replied “We try and forget all the bad things that have happened to us. We take care of the kids. We stay a family. We do all the stuff we did as killjoys except for all the dangerous parts. We’ll still be us.”

Gerard smiled at me and took his eyes off the road. What reason did he have to keep his eye on the road? It wasn’t like he’d crash into anything. Not on a normal night.

But tonight wasn’t a normal night. The car slammed right into a BLI car and Gerard’s smile faded and his eyes filled with panic. I squeezed my eyes shut for a moment.



“Gerard!” I yelled when I heard him scream and opened my eyes. But I wasn’t in the Trans-Am. For a moment I wasn’t sure where I was. Until I realised I was in a small BLI prison “What?” I whispered “Gerard!” I screamed “Gerard, help me!”

The door opened and a draculoid stood there holding onto a girl by her arm. That girl looked familiar. And then I realised that I knew that girl. I knew her better than I knew myself. It was Kat! “Kat, why are you here?” I cried “Kat, what’s going on?”

The draculoid shoved her into the room and locked it behind him “Crayon?” She whispered “You don’t normally talk to me. You just sit there and stare into space. Oh please tell me you’re finally back! I’ve been going crazy for the past few years hoping you’d finally wake up.”

“Wake up? What are you talking about?”

“Oh god, I don’t suppose you know. You just sit here every day in a complete daze. I overheard Korse talking to Haru about it. You don’t take the medication here obviously so it can happen to you.” Kat took a deep breath “They say that when things get really bad for a person that they build up a fantasy world and live there instead of the real world. That’s what you’ve been doing for the past god knows how many years! They said you’d only wake up either when you died in the dream world or when something so bad happened that you just wanted to come back.”

“What… What are you saying?”

“I don’t know what you were thinking about in the time you were here but it was all just one big hallucination.” Kat whispered “Crayon? Tell me what happened. Briefly, I mean it’s been a bunch of years.”

I told her all the massive details “Oh Crayon, none of that happened!” Kat cried “Though I wish it had. That night when you escaped BLI… The killjoys didn’t find you. BLI found you and brought you back here.” Kat put her hand on my shoulder “It must be a lot to take in.”

“No…” I whispered “No, you have to be lying to me. Gerard was real. I know he was real. You can’t just tell me he wasn’t. You’re lying! You’re lying!



[A/N] - Please don't hate me for this chapter :3 I felt really guilty writing it :'(
Sign up to rate and review this story