Categories > TV > NCIS > Bleeding Love

Chapter One

by Brambleshadow 0 reviews

Ziva is hurt over her feelings for Tony. [Songfic. Angsty Tiva]

Category: NCIS - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Published: 2012-10-13 - Updated: 2012-10-13 - 654 words - Complete

0Unrated
Closed off from love
I didn't need the pain
Once or twice was enough
And it was all in vain
Time starts to pass
Before you know it you're frozen

Ooooh . . .

Ziva David, a former Mossad officer who was now an NCIS agent, glanced up from her paperwork and over at one of the members of Team Gibbs: Tony DiNozzo. He seemed to sense she was watching him, for he lifted his head and met her gaze. Ziva quickly looked back at her paperwork, trying to hold back the upset feelings pouring through her. Hadn't she learned the pain loving someone brought? But she was frozen every time she looked at him.

But something happened
For the very first time with you
My heart melted to the ground
Found something true
And everyone's looking 'round
Thinking I'm going crazy

Oooh, yahhh . . .

Memories assaulted her: their time undercover as married assassins five years ago, then when they were trapped in a metal shipping container and when a bomb went off at a celebration. Both times she had hurled herself at him, knocking them to the ground to keep them safe.

Ziva smiled as she remembered what he had said when she saved him from being blown up: "I missed the old Ziva."

She chuckled and shook her head to clear it, earning strange looks from Gibbs, McGee, and other agents passing by.

But I don't care what they say
I'm in love with you
They try to pull me away
But they don't know the truth
My heart's crippled by the vein
That I keep on closing
You cut me open and I

Keep bleeding
Keep, keep bleeding love
I keep bleeding
I keep, keep bleeding love
Keep bleeding
Keep, keep bleeding love
You cut me open

Okay, there was Rule #12, which said to never date a co-worker, but Ziva didn't care. Besides, McGee and Abby had broken that rule, though now they were just friends. She knew she loved Tony, and she wasn't about to let Rule #12 stop her. Gibbs, on the other hand was a different story. It didn't help that he was always pairing her up with Tony, and then pulling them away. Ziva's heart was torn over her feelings for the senior field agent that she was closing inside. She couldn't see how any of them failed to see the blood. . . .

Oooh, oooh . . .

Trying hard not to hear
But they talk so loud
Their piercing sounds fill my ears
Trying to fill me with doubt
Yet I know that the goal
Is to keep me from falling

Hey, yeah

"Hey, Ziva!" Gibbs' voice broke into her reverie.

She tried unsuccessfully to tune him out.

Slap!

Ziva turned to so she was facing the team leader. "What was that for?"

"For staring at DiNozzo when you're supposed to be working."

"And ignoring Gibbs," McGee piped up.

Tony turned on him. "Who asked you, Elf Lord?"

McGee grimace and continued working on his latest L.J. Tibbs novel: Chimera.

Ziva smiled in amusement and tried to go back to her paperwork. She was stopped by Gibbs motioning for her to follow him. The NCIS Probationary agent sighed in frustration, but rose and reluctantly followed the team's leader to the elevator.

Once they were both inside and the doors closed, Gibbs turned off the power and faced her. He asked, "Ziva, what is wrong with you today?"

Ziva held his pale blue gaze steadily. "Nothing's wrong, Gibbs."

He let out a snort of disbelief. "Yeah, right. Ziva, what's your relationship with Tony?"

For a few heartbeats, Ziva's mind went blank. She finally managed to choke out, "There isn't one. It's strictly professional."

Gibbs didn't say anything, just gazing at her with piercing ice-blue eyes. After a moment, he sighed and flipped on the power switch, opening the elevator doors. As Ziva slipped out, she thought she heard him whisper, "Be careful, Ziva. Remember Rule #12."
Sign up to rate and review this story