Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

The Ringmaster

by THE_Sticky_Label 0 reviews

Brendon, Ryan, Dan, Anthony, Gabe and William go to an amusement park and things that are meant to be scary happen. It's so bad it's not funny.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2012-10-13 - Updated: 2012-10-14 - 1109 words

0Unrated
AN: Dan and Anthony are the you-tubers if you were curious. And everyone is together in my mind, Dan and Anthony, Gabe and William, and Brendon and Ryan, but you knew that.

It was supposed to be a fun day. All day passes to the best theme park in the area. It was Gabe and Dan’s idea; it was always their idea. They kept it a secret for weeks, working non-stop at their dead-end jobs. When they finally told Brendon, Anthony, William, and I, we weren't particularly excited. Snippets of conversation broke out.
“Gabe, you know they won’t let me go,” William said louder than the rest to be heard. He seemed to be on the edge of emotional breakdown, though I suppose the same could be said about me. The rest of us, Gabe, Dan, Anthony, Brendon, and I, Ryan, hypothesized it was due to his parents “protection”. They never seemed to be overly fond of us. We weren't bad kids, just not good enough for her angel Bilvy.
“Don’t worry, Novio, I got it,” Gabe told him softly, “I talked with them and they agreed that it would be good for you to go somewhere fun.” William smiled a thousand watt smile. Dan turned to me and asked, “What do you think, Ryan?”
“Anything to get away from home,” I grimly replied. Anthony turned to Dan and smiled wide.
“I’m telling you, Dan, I don’t have a wide nose,” Anthony shrieked loudly from within Brendon’s car. This caused Dan and I to burst into a fit of laughter as we pulled into Gabe’s driveway. Gabe, William, and Gabe’s mother, Maria, walked out of the small house. Maria spoke something in fluent Spanish. It was her and Gabe’s native tongue as they were both from a small unmapped village in Mexico.
“My mom says to ‘be safe and check in often,’” Gabe translated for his mother. We smiled and agreed quickly. We jumped into Brendon’s much loved Volkswagen bus, grinning.
We drove under the arch that declared “Happy, Happy Fun Land” in lots of loud colors. As we waited to pay for parking, Brendon was mumbling something about ticket prices to Gabe. Dan was telling a sick looking Anthony all the rides they had to ride. William turned to me and offered a small smile, both of us knowing our hatred of rides would stick us together for the rest of the day. We split into two groups, William and I in one and all the rest in the other. They seemed hesitant to let us go off by ourselves. So we had a couple of issues, we weren’t completely helpless! Knowing neither of us was good with loud noises; we headed in a direction that not many people seemed to be in and headed that way. We ended up at a small, empty restaurant. It was his fault, that man; he sauntered up to Will and me.
“Oi, pretty boy, you seen my son,” he said not looking particularly pleasant. He had stubble on his face, and reeked of alcohol. He wore a stained, probably-white-at-some-point wife beater that strained against his large stomach. At this point, William was freaking out, one of the man’s hands was gripping the front of his shirt pulling him closer while his other was tangled in his longish hair, securing him there.
“Where is he?”
“I-I don’t know, sir,” William finally stuttered out. By now a crowd had gathered to watch. It was times like these when I hated humanity. They could clearly see this scrawny kid getting beat up by an intoxicated man who was twice his size, and they just watched. Then I noticed they were staring at me too. I didn't like people to look at me; Brendon says it’s a self-confidence thing, but whatever. The man still wouldn't relent. Then I saw our group walk in. They saw the man practically attacking William and yelling at both of us. Normally, we weren't the violent type, but we’re all protective of each other, and seeing them hurting us both mentally and physically, they lost it. While Dan was calming Will and I down, and Anthony trying to stop Brendon and Gabe from giving the man brain damage, I saw a small, greasy teen walk in.
“You have disturbed my slumber,” the boy said, his voice cracking. At this Gabe laughed violently, “Guys, look, we've disturbed his slumber. Oh no can’t you see me cowering in fear.” Brendon joined Gabe in walking slowly walking towards him, their heavy boots hitting hard against the ground. They finally reached him and stuck their arms out with all their might, making his skull hit against the wall with a sickening crack. He, in a weary state, muttered a curse in what I think is Latin. Suddenly, we weren't there anymore.
We woke up on a dusty surface. I looked around and saw old fashioned carnival rides worn down with age. We saw the boy rise up above us on a platform, wearing a wicked ringmaster’s suit and grinned down evilly towards us.
“I have sent you, as a punishment, to the land where I am king, where I rule,” he said flamboyantly marching around. He stopped next to Gabe and delivered a swift kick to his side. I heard a crack and realized this couldn't be good.
“The most deliciously fun part of this day is that it never ends. It keeps going for all eternity. Even when your puny mortal world ends, you will all stay here reliving this day over and over again,” he yelled down towards us, laughing manically.
“Now, off you go, boys,” he said and then we were in the middle of the park. It was depressing to say the least; the one brightly painted rides were shoddy looking and old. There were suddenly clowns chasing us, they had green face make-up on, but underneath you could see the rotting flesh and bones. They were chasing us towards a Farris Wheel. Then I understood, they were going to make us ride all of these things every day, all of them with a sick twist. We hopped into an over-sized car when it started going fast, it was terrifying. I could feel the thing groaning under us. We were going to be thrown off! Suddenly, we were flying through the air; I felt Brendon attach himself to me in a hug and heard him whisper, “See you tomorrow.” For me, knowing it wouldn't be over the first time was the worst part.
Sign up to rate and review this story