Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Ashes

[A/N] – Hey guys! :) Open evening was awkward because after twenty minutes all of the power went out… And then five minutes after everyone left it switched back on again -.- I never got to finish my flag… Anyway, hope you like this chapter! Oh and also I don’t have to be at school until 10 tomorrow. I’ll still wake up at 7 though so that I can update before school!

Penina’s POV…

“What the hell is that?” Crayon asked, looking out of the window.

“It’s our house Crayon.” Gerard said slowly “We all live there.”

“Don’t talk to me like I’m stupid.” Crayon snapped “I meant, what the hell is that outside of the house? You really I forgot where we lived?”

“Actually, she’s right.” I said, looking out of the car “It looks like heaps of BLI vans. Look, we’d better keep driving.”

“Keep driving?” Frank repeated “But Jora’s still there Penina. A long with Sapphire, Rosie and Finn. We can’t just leave them there.”

“Well what do you suggest we do?” Raven asked “We can’t just keep driving and we can’t leave the kids behind. We only have about six ray guns between us and there are four BLI vans so that’s probably about twenty draculoids including either Korse or Haru or maybe both.”

“I don’t know!” Gerard cried “Why do I have to think of everything?”

“Who said I was talking to you?” Raven yelled “We’re all in this together Gerard, like it or not!”

“But I don’t want us to get kidnapped again but I don’t Jora to get hurt and I’m really scared!” I burst into tears “What are we gonna do?”

“We’re gonna calm down,” Frank whispered, hugging me as Gerard stopped the car a safe distance away from our home “And we’re gonna think of a plan. Jora’s a smart girl. So are Sapphire and Rosie and Finn’s a brave boy. They’ll still be alive. BLI won’t have hurt them. We just need to figure out a way to get them out without getting ourselves hurt. And then we can drive off, hide for about a week before returning. BLI won’t wait around that long.”

“We’d need someone small to go inside and find the kids.” Danielle said “I gave them a secret place to hide in case of emergencies. In the kitchen, there’s a trap door. It’s not hard to find. But I’m too scared to go inside.”

“You’re the one who’s had to look after them alone for the past three years!” Bob cried.

“Yeah, I looked after them. I didn’t sneak into a building filled with murderers by myself to save them though.”

“Alright, fine then, we’ll need the next smallest.” Jennifer said, putting one arm around Danielle protectively.

“I could go in?” Shayla suggested.

“No!” Doctor DD cried “I’m not having you get hurt!”

“Alright fine, we’re agreed that the kids won’t go inside.” Gerard said, turning around in the passenger’s seat to look at us “Who’s the next smallest after Danielle?”

Everyone glanced at me. I bit my lip “Alright, fine. I’ll do it.”

“No Penina, what if you get hurt?”

“Then I get hurt.” I replied, wiping away my tears “Jora’s my daughter and I need to protect her.” Before Frank could stop me, I got out of the car and shut the door as quietly as I could possibly manage. He couldn’t yell my name without alerting the draculoids and I know the others wouldn’t let him out of the car to stop me. So I walked up to our home as confidently as I could. It didn’t work when I was right next to the building. My legs wobbled and my eyes welled with tears that threatened to spill over at any second. I shook it off though. My youngest daughter was inside and she needed my help.

I knew there was a back entrance that led into the kitchen. So I crept round on my hands and knees then dared peak over the little window on the door. There was a draculoid sitting at the table, looking around. I ducked down again quickly. On my way out of the car I’d grabbed Danielle’s ray gun from the floor. I had perfect aim. It wouldn’t be hard to kill off this draculoid. But surely if I just shot him, the others would hear the shot and run in to kill me?

“Think Penina, think…” I muttered to myself angrily, hugging my knees and hiding my face so that I could concentrate better “You have to be brave.”

My hand gripped around the ray gun and I stood up slowly, staying out of the way of the small window so that the draculoid wouldn’t see me. Slowly, I reached for the handle and pulled it open.

After that I didn’t have time to be slow. I stepped inside and shot the draculoid before he had time to re-act. I heard footsteps in the other room but I wasn’t paying attention. Quickly, I went over to where I assumed the trap door was. My fingers scrabbled across the tiles on the floor until I found the one I was looking for. I pulled it open and found the kids inside “Hurry!” I hissed, helping them all out.

The footsteps were getting louder and closer. I pushed the kids in front of me, hurrying them out of the door. But I wasn’t quick enough. Korse and four draculoids ran into the kitchen and started shooting at random. Sapphire screamed and Jora yelled something but I didn’t quite hear it. One ray gun shot hit me on the shoulder and I shrieked “Run!” I screeched at the kids “Go to the car!”

I watched them all running as someone’s hand grabbed my shoulder. Then everything went black.
Sign up to rate and review this story