Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Love You Re-Write

I ran. What else could I do? I was scared and if Frank spotted me then he’d have come over and started talking to me then Jake would want to know where we knew each other from. So I ran away from Jake, past Frank, out the back gates and all the way back to my house. The moment I was home I continued running until I made it to my bedroom and chucked myself down on the bed and screamed into my pillow.

What was going on? What was Frank doing here? Was this the surprise? He’d told me he’d tell me in two weeks though. At that moment a message buzzed in my pocket. I wasn’t sure whether it was from Frank or Jake so I figured I’d better check.

It was Frank ‘Umm that wasn’t the happy moment I hoped it was going to be. Sorry if I startled you. This was the surprise I was talking about. Well, you certainly looked surprised. Can you go on Skype please? We need to talk obviously – F.’

I groaned. The last thing I wanted to do right now as go downstairs and talk to anyone but I knew Frank was the right. If things were gonna go smoothly then we needed to talk to each other about it. So I went downstairs into the kitchen and logged into Skype. Frank popped up straightaway. Normally when he popped up on Skype I’d grin and feel relaxed instantly. But not tonight.

He smiled at me “Something tells me that you’re not happy I’m here.”

I sighed “I don’t know how I feel about it right now. It was… Well, a shock.”

“I kind of noticed that when you ran past me. You were standing with Jake, weren’t you? Honestly, I don’t know what you see in him. Some of the things he was saying to me last lesson weren’t too polite.”

“Why didn’t I see you until the bell rang?”

“Well it took a while to convince my parents to let me come in today. Didn’t arrive until after lunch. Guess I could’ve timed it a bit better.”

“Just a bit. I was about to break up with Jake and then you showed up and now I’m all confused.” My eyes filled with tears but I yelled at myself inside my head to stop being such a baby “Well I do know that I’m going to break up with him. I was talking to Ray about it and he told me to.”

“Do you fancy this Ray guy?”

“God, you’re starting to sound like Jake.” But I was only joking and he smiled at me like he didn’t mind what my answer was “I don’t fancy him, he’s just basically my best friend. He’s got a girlfriend anyway.”

“Oh. Well I’m glad you don’t fancy him.” Frank paused “How do you feel about… Us?

“I don’t know.” I admitted “I’ve been thinking about it for a while but I still don’t know at all.”

“I don’t wanna rush you or anything but I did just move halfway across the world to be with you…”

“I know, I know. And that was really sweet. But I rushed into my relationship with Jake and look how that went.”

“You’ve been together for a year and a half.”

“Yes but I don’t like him. At all. Not as a friend, not as a boyfriend, not as a person really. He’s a dick and it’s taken me this long to figure that out. I’m not good with relationships.”

“Look, just talk to me Penina. Tell me all the bad stuff. And then if we were to get together, I’d avoid doing the bad stuff.”

I sighed “It wasn’t always his fault though. At first he was so sweet and took my opinion into consideration but I basically just agreed with everything he said. So after a while he stopped caring about my opinion unless it matched his.”

“I wouldn’t be like that.”

“I’m not saying you would. And then there’s Miranda. My friendship with her has just fallen to pieces and it’s taken me this long to realise. I need to work on trying to be friends with her again before I get into another boyfriend girlfriend relationship.” I looked at him “We’ll still be friends though Frank. And maybe in a few months’ time we’ll be something more.”

Frank nodded “I’m sad to hear you say you don’t wanna be my girlfriend but I respect your decision. Are you going to break up with Jake?”

“I don’t really think I have a choice.”

“Yes you do Penina.” Frank told me “You always have a choice.”
Sign up to rate and review this story