Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Half Alive

4- Something More

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 2 reviews

After so much time playing dead Madeline and Gerard have a lot of making up to do.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2012-10-23 - Updated: 2012-10-23 - 1447 words

0Unrated
“Gerard! Oh my god. It’s like… all sugar.” I gushed, as I stared down at the sugary treat that I’d just taken a bite out of. It was so delicious, and so addicting- oh, and the third one I’d had already.

Gerard laughed. I swear the light outside hit him perfectly, and he looked incredible. He was alive out here, and I felt alive. It was all kind of picture perfect, too bad we lacked a camera. “It is!” He replied, grinning. “I’m kind of thinking you’ve reached your max sugar intake. You’re gonna get diabetes from today.”

“Then I’ll die happy.” I replied, smiling as well. “Because I’ll have today to remember.”

“That good?” Gerard asked, as we walked along. It was hot out, and the animals were kind of boring. They were basically being held captive, and it was completely unnatural and something I disagreed with morally but- it was still so nice, and whenever anything remotely interesting happened I pointed and laughed, making sure that Gerard knew about it. He laughed as well, but his eyes remained glued to me. I think he might have been afraid I’d have some sort of panic attack. I couldn’t blame him.

I nodded, “That good. Oh, look! Let’s go see the birds!”

“We can feed them.” Gerard gestured to the small line in which people were being served bird food, so that they could go in to their giant walk in cage and feed them. I wasn’t normally a fan of birds but today was different. I was prepared to be different, and do anything I could to feel alive. It was working.

“Cool.” I walked ahead of Gerard, eager to go inside and look at the birds. They were such colorful creatures. Glancing at them reminded me of Gerard’s colorful paintings. He said something to the personal behind the counter and then we were both handed small paper cups filled with gooey bird food.

“Ready for this?” Gerard asked, as we paused outside the door.

I took a deep breath, “It’s not birds that scare me.” I finally replied.

Gerard just shot me a stellar smile before one of the employees opened the door for us. From there we went through yet another door and then we were in a large enclosure. I had a sudden fear of getting shit on, but that was the only fear- and it was refreshing, and so different.

Just as I was about to say something Gerard spoke, washing away any of my leftover fears towards the outing. “I’m going to be pissed if one of these suckers shits on me.” All I could really do was laugh.

Gerard laughed as well, but then added. “I’m serious.”

“That’s half of the thrill, I think.” I teased. “It seems like a metaphor for life. Things can be awesome, or you can get shit on… but you have to get out there and at least try, because the bad doesn’t always happen.”

Gerard chuckled, “Beautiful words are your thing Madeline, and I’m impressed.”

“And that’s with just one morning with me.” I joked, “Give me a little longer. Eventually I’ll become better known as the nutcase neighbor.”

Gerard just laughed, and then a bird landed on my shoulder and I about died.





**



“Are you hungry?” Gerard started his car, as I settled in next to him. It was somewhat cold out, but bearable. Plus, Gerard had already given me the jacket that was in his backseat. It was comfortable and smelled of him.

This was all kind of like a normal date, and I was long overdue.

“After everything I’ve eaten today? No. No, I’m not.” I laughed, “Are you?” I was finding I’d laughed more today than I had in the last four years. It was incredible really. Gerard just brought it out in me. He was easy going like that.

“Nope.” Gerard tinkered with the radio. “But I could go for a cup of coffee.”

“I make some pretty good coffee.” I admitted.

“Is that an invite?”

“It is.” But I still found myself a little nervous to make any kind of connection. It had been so long, and I was socially out of shape.

“I’ll take it.” Gerard grinned.



**



It was weird how after being out all day home started to feel suffocating. The walls seemed closer together, and the smell all too familiar. I lit candles to bring about something new, but the itch to get back outside was still strong. I wouldn’t go for it though, not alone. That was still too frightening. I was still the same girl. I’d just gotten a taste of life again, giving me the chance to miss it.

“That smells good.” Gerard commented, “What is it?”

“Clean linen.” I smiled. “I like it simple.”

“Me too.” Gerard nodded, taking a seat on the couch. “Er, can I- I do something, help somehow?”

“I’m pretty good at making coffee all on my own actually.” I teased, “You could find something to watch? Um, other than the news… I hate the news, it’s never good- and it’s just constant… bad.”

Gerard chuckled, “I’ll steer clear of the news.” He searched for the remote.

I was only in the kitchen for a few minutes when I heard something familiar. “Hey, I like that show!” I called.

“Gotcha! I’ll stay here.” Then he groaned. “Oh man, it’s that fanboy show.”

“Fanboy show?” What did that even mean?

“Yeah, I’m guessing you have the same crush on them that the rest of the country does.” Gerard called, before I heard his footsteps. He appeared just a few seconds later.

“Supernatural is just a really good show.” I replied, but I couldn’t stop the smile from appearing. “It just so happens that Sam and Dean are very attractive men.”

“Uh- huh.” Gerard rolled his eyes. “So in order to get some of your spectacular coffee I have to sit through television torture?”

“Pretty much.” I replied. “Complaining already?”

Gerard shrugged, “I can deal, you know- unless they start taking their shirts off. Then I can’t deal- unless you start taking your shirt off.”

“Naughty already.” I laughed as my beloved coffee pot hummed to life. “I can deal.”

“Good.” Gerard smirked as he leaned down, just inches from me. He quickly moved closer, and then I could feel his breath on my face. “Because I’m really bad at asking for things, and you’re not so in to being questioned.”

“Mhm.” All I could do was murmur in agreement, but it didn’t really matter because after that Gerard’s lips were on mine- and it felt so good, and so right… and now Supernatural, and coffee had completely passed my mind. All I could think of was Gerard.

He certainly presented a lot of new possibilities.





**



Gerard’s warm laugh sounded throughout my bedroom and became amplified in my mind. It was nice, and cozy- and so many things I’d never experienced. He warmed me to my bones, and though I kept my blanket snuggled all around me I didn’t really need it with him around.

“Should I go grab the coffee now?” Gerard mumbled.

“I’m always in the mood for coffee.” I replied, snuggling up more underneath my blanket.

Gerard slowly stepped from bed. “Damn, it’s cold outside of this fucking bed. Need me to turn up the heat?”

“Please.” I nodded, grabbing the remote from my bedside table. “Gonna stick around for Supernatural? I mean, you don’t have to… You really don’t have to feel like, obligated or anything. I just mean that I’m going to watch it and you’re more than welcome to if you wa-“

“I want to.” Gerard cut me off, with a simple statement and a simple smile.

I couldn’t think of a reply but again I found myself giving in to the smile. It felt good, really good. As Gerard disappeared from view the television flipped on, and I was just in time to catch the end of Supernatural, and see that it was on again next.

Perfect timing.

It was kind of like with Gerard.

He had perfect timing, because just days ago…

I was starting to think that life just wasn’t worth living at all.

Now I had hope that at the very least I still knew what it was like to live, and hope was good- hope was life.
Sign up to rate and review this story