Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > When the Day Met the Night

Oatmeal

by GAClive 7 reviews

“Well, of course I get along with the band, and you're just so easy to talk to and then there's Clarice...”

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2012-10-25 - Updated: 2012-10-26 - 647 words

1Exciting
The hot sun filtered through the hotel window and warmed her face, gently waking her up in the late morning. She let her eyes flutter open and reveled in the cozy comfort of the bed. She snuggled down deeper into the covers and turned to her side. Brendon was asleep beside her, a slight snore escaping him as he breathed heavily.

His mouth hung open a bit as he slept and she couldn't help but think that the very tip of his nose was adorable. She bit her lip in a shy case of nerves and cautiously reached out with one finger to gently poke his nose.

His face wrinkled up slightly and he turned to burrow his head in the pillow. She giggled softly and ran her fingers through his hair, pausing briefly to feel his forehead. It felt normal now, but a bit sweaty. She began to take her hand away from his head but he started to groan.

“Noooo...” he turned his face slightly towards her and scooted closer, “that felt so good!”

“What?” She tentatively reached out and stroke his head again, he immediately nuzzled into her hand like a cat. “Haha! You're just like my mom's cat!”

“Well, humans like to have their heads scratched too,” he muttered sleepily.

She smiled slightly and humored him. “How are you feeling?” His hair was soft to the touch and she surprisingly found herself enjoying the petting.

He breathed in deeply through his nose before he answered, “Exhausted.”

“Well, that usually happens when you spend a night with me,” she joked. She could really tell though that he was beyond tired when he didn't reply but simply smiled softly at her humor. She ruffled his hair and got out of the bed.

She walked over to the kitchenette in the other room and made him a mug of tea and raided her bag for a package of instant oatmeal that she fixed as well. When she was done she brought it in to him and sat on the edge of the bed while he ate.

“Thank you,” he said softly as he placed his mug on the nearby nightstand.

“You're welcome, I'll just of this as a sleepover or something,” she smiled at him.

He sighed, “Why can't it be this easy to get along with everyone on the tour?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, of course I get along with the band, and you're just so easy to talk to and then there's Clarice...”

Kat straightened up a bit, “Oh?”

“She's just so hard to talk to without getting your head bit off. She's kind of a bitch, you know?” He took a bite of his oatmeal. Kat could feel her stomach dropping to the floor as she listened to him. “Please don't tell her I said anything.”

“Of course not,” she forced herself to smile slightly and got up to gather her things. “You're leaving?” Brendon looked sorry to see her go, but she couldn't stay any longer she needed to just get away.

“Yeah... I need to... go take a shower and stuff,” she waved quickly and ran out the room before he could say anything else.

She walked down the green-carpeted hallway with her bag weighing heavy on one shoulder. She sighed softly and brought up one shaky hand to wipe at her now wet eyes. “Damn, I need a nap.”


A/N: Hey! Yes, I am still alive! I've just had a really rough last few months: laid off at work, started full time at school, death in the family, new job, family visiting from out of the country, midterms, and now FINALLY I have a few moments to update.

Anyone still with this story? Please let me know I haven't lost you all in a review. I love you all lots and I've really missed updating for you all.
Sign up to rate and review this story