Categories > Original > Drama > Growing Up

Chapter 9

by atomickilljoy 5 reviews

"Ugh. Good look, kid."

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-11-03 - Updated: 2012-11-03 - 1140 words

0Unrated
"What?!" Jennifer exclaimed

"You heard me. So, do you want it?" Alex asked.

Jennifer thought about it. It was always her dream job, to work in a comic book store. This job,however, had one disadvantage. Its name is Alex. He would be her boss. Alex smirked, knowing that it was her dream job.

"Let me think about it." Jennifer said.

Alex walked away, smiling. Jennifer wrapped her coat around herself even tighter. She was waiting outside of the school for Brendon. It was very cold, since it was the middle of November. She stood quietly, wondering if she should take the job.

"Ready to go?" Brendon asked, looking very flushed.

"Sure. Why are you like that?" Jennifer asked.

"Oh, I was helping some teachers out." Brendon said "I saw Alex. What did he say to you?"

Jennifer knew Brendon was the jealous type, although Jennifer wasn't. Despite that, she had to tell him the truth.

"Alex offered me a job. He's the manager at a new comic book shop in town. He knows it's my dream job, so he offered me a job there." Jennifer said.

Brendon narrowed his eyes at her, but quickly went back to normal as they started to walk.

"Good thing you're not taking it." Brendon said.

Jennifer was about to shoot back a sassy remark, but decided against it. She was still thinking about whether or not she should take the job. She wouldn't tell him off until she decided if she would take it or not.

**

After the talk Spencer and Elizabeth had, they hadn't really come to terms on their past relationship.

"You ditched me for her! What more is there to understand?" Elizabeth exclaimed.

"Ryan wouldn't let me date you! He wouldn't let any of his friends date you!" Spencer cried/

"We dated behind his back for 3 months! Then, all of a sudden, you dump me for that whore!"

"Kayla is not a whore!"

Elizabeth laughed.

"Still on that whore's side, huh? Ask Pete about Kayla. Or Brendon. Or Alex. She's nothing but a whore. Fuck you, Spencer." Elizabeth said, walking away.

Spencer would always want her, but it seems as if he could never have her.


They avoided each other, and whenever he came over to Ryan's house, she would be out or locked up in her room.

No matter how much Spencer loved Elizabeth, life works against you, sometimes.

That's just how it is.

**

As Mazy walked with William through the park, a girl gave her a very dirty look.

"Uh...Will?" Mazy said.

"Yeah, Mazy?" William asked, looking at his friend.

"Why is that chick giving me a look that could kill?" Mazy asked, pointing at the girl with the insanely glittery skirt.

"Oh, I bedded her about 3 weeks ago." William said, grinning at the memory.

"You're such a whore."

"No, I'm not! I'm just trying to find the one."

"Right" Mazy said, rolling her eyes "Because that's what's on your mind. Love."

"I do!" William exclaimed.

"You go through girls like my fat, tech geek of a cousin goes through computers." Mazy said.

"That's how I like my women: big, fat, and can work all night" William said.

Mazy rolled her eyes while laughing. And that was one of the reasons she loved William.

**

Jennifer was walking through the hallway. All she could ever think about was Alex's job offer. She would love to have the job, but having Alex as her boss would be too much. Besides, Brendon didn't seem to like it. Then again, he wasn't her father, and this wasn't the 1920's. He didn't own her. It was a great debate.

"GAH!" Jennifer screamed, while bumping into someone in the hallway.

"Oh my gosh! I am SO sorry!" the girl said, picking up Jennifer's glasses, which had fallen down.

"No. It's my fault entirely." Jennifer said, taking her glasses from the girl.

"What's your name?" the girl asked.

"Jennifer. Yours?"

"Sam. Hey, aren't you going out with Brendon?" Sam asked.

"Yeah. How do you know?"

"He's friends with my boyfriend, Jon. We should hang out sometime!" Sam said "I have to go! Sit with me at lunch tomorrow! Bye!"

And that's how Jennifer made her very first female friend.

**

A week had passed, and Sam had hit it off with Jennifer. The fact that Jon was easy to get along with was better. And as long as Brendon or Ryan tagged along, she never felt like a third wheel.

One day, at lunch, Sam and Jon were making out while Ryan and Jennifer screamed "ABSTINENCE!" at them. Brendon had detention, so he wasn't there. All of a sudden, Karen walked past them.

"Ugh. Whore." she said to Sam.

Sam and Jon stopped making out and drew their attention to Karen. Even Ryan and Jennifer had stopped screaming at them to see what was going to happen.

"What did you say?" Sam asked.

"Maybe you should wipe the cum out of your ears and listen better." Karen said.

Jennifer got pissed off. She rarely ever made any friends. Her only friends were Tre, Billie, and Mike, but they often had detention or skipped school. Now that she had finally made some friends, she wasn't going to sit by while they got insulted.

"Maybe she would hear you better if you took all of that dick out of your mouth, spat out all of that cum and spoke clearly" Jennifer shot back.

Karen gasped. No one had stood up to her like that, because she was very good friends with Kayla, and could get revenge easily.

"You've made the wrong move." Karen growled.

"I'm not scared of you!" Jennifer said, getting out a pair of fingerless gloves.

She put the gloves on and made her hands into fists.

Karen scoffed, and ran away, as one would expect.

"Damn. That was pretty cool." Sam said "Thanks."

Jennifer smiled, putting the fingerless gloves into her pocket.

"Just out of curiosity, what are those gloves for?" Ryan asked, staring at her pocket, which had her black gloves.

"They're my fighting gloves."

**

"Hey, kid!" Pete shouted, catching up to Piper.

Pipe turned around.

"What Pete?" she asked.

"You have to pretend to be my girlfriend, Ok? Now go!" Pete said, quickly, before kissing Piper.

"PETE YOU SON OF A WHORE!" a nasaly voice shouted.

Pete pulled away.

"Oh, hey Chelsea." Pete said, casually.

"Why did you cheat on me with Amelia?!" she asked.

"I accidentally kissed her! This is my girlfriend, Piper." Pete said. Piper waved.

"Ugh. Good look, kid." Chelsea said, walking away.

Piper was stunned. Pete, her brother's best friend, gave her her first kiss. And she felt something.

"Kid, you okay?" Pete asked.

"You just gave me my first kiss." she said

"Well, be happy. Not many people are as fortunate as you" Pete said, walking away.
Sign up to rate and review this story