Categories > Original > Drama
(#) atomickilljoy 2012-11-061. Self defense.
2. If you live in the U.S: the second amendment gives us the right to bear arms. It doesn't list an age. Putting restrictions is unconstitutional.
3. They're 16. Some might feel safer carrying a gun around, even if it's just a .38(a small gun).
4 Some are carrying guns illegally, just like some are drinking illegally.
5. Some teens may be looking to build a career in the military. They'll be behind if they don't know how to work a gun.
6. Other kids in other countries or time periods have had guns before 16.
7. Just because they own a gun doesn't mean they'll go on a rampage. They might feel safer with a gun.
8. If they know how to operate a gun in the first place, they shouldn't be a danger.
9. Guns are everywhere these days. They aren't really hidden from public view, especially not from teens.
10. They're almost adults. Two years won't make a difference, mentally. Just legally.
11. The brain isn't finished developing until the age of 25. Owning a gun at 16 won't make much of a difference than at 18, 21, or 24.
Hope I helped!
Author's responseSeriously, you helped me a lot!
You are so amazing, thank you so much!
(#) PyccKnn_Mcr 2012-11-061. In over two hundred years of American history, most Second Amendment challenges to gun laws have failed in the courts, but the NRA knows more about the law and the Constitution than the courts.
2. Patrick Henry opposed adding the Second Amendment to the Constitution. That's why quotations from Henry are used by pro-gun activists to support their interpretation of the second amendment.
3. The Founding Fathers intended to create a libertarian utopia. That's very evident from reading the following quotations:
James Madison wrote, "In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men the great difficulty lies in this: You must first enable the government to control the governed, and in the next place, oblige it to control itself." (Federalist 51).
John Jay explained, "Nothing is more certain than the indispensable necessity of government, and it is equally undeniable, that whenever and however it is instituted, the people must cede to it some of their natural rights in order to vest it with requisite powers." (Federalist 2)
4. Guns don't kill people which is why the government could save a lot of money by sending soldiers into battle unarmed. Soldiers will find ways to kill the enemy with or without guns. Guns are just inanimate objects.
5. It's a good idea to own a gun at home because a gun is more likely to be used to kill a friend or family member rather than a criminal.
6. There have been gun control laws for over 200 years in America, but because of modern day circumstances gun-control is no longer needed.
7. The so called standard model of the Second Amendment has received little support from historians of the early American period, but the NRA knows better.
8. Only law abiding citizens need guns to kill. Law abiding citizens need guns to kill criminals in self defense, but criminals will always be able to successfully kill others whether they have guns or not.
9. Although firearms are inanimate objects and therefore can't kill people, they do somehow have the magical power to protect a person against political tyranny.
10. Guns are a protection against political tyranny. For example, private ownership of guns was very common in Iraq while Sadam Hussein was in power. Guns are the reason the Iraqi people have enjoyed so much more freedom than people in England where guns have been banned.
11. It's a good idea to make it easy for criminals to obtain guns.
12. According to the British Crime Survey, crime in England has gone down. However, the NRA is the best source of information about crime.
13. Using Gary Kleck's survey methodology it could be shown that millions of Americans have been victims of gun crimes. Despite this, Kleck's studies reveal the truth about defensive gun use.
14. John Lott is a reliable source of information although he kept changing his story about where he got his information for a study in his book More Guns Less Crime.
15. Gun advocate Gary Kleck commented in his book Targeting Guns: Firearms and their Control, "More likely, the declines in crime coinciding with relaxation of carry laws were largely attributable to other factors not controlled in the Lott and Mustard analysis." Kleck and Lott contradict each other so they both must be right.
16. During the 1980's the NRA tried to convince President Reagan to abolish the ATF, the law enforcment agency in charge of enforcing federal gun control laws. This is because the best way to enforce current gun laws is to abolish law enforcement.
17. It's a good idea to always have a loaded gun around when you lose your temper.
18. Children are safer if they have easy access to guns.
19. The International Crime Victim Survey found a positive correlation between gun ownership and increases in homicide and suicide, but the right to life doesn't matter.
20. Pro-gun propaganda is very good logic. Let's apply pro-gun propaganda to cars to demonstrate this- Cars don't kill people, people kill people. That's why stop signs and speed limits should be abolished.
21. Criminals don't obey laws and that's why all laws should be abolished.
22. Gun violence means more freedom. Just ask the family of any gun violence victim to verify this.
23. The Second Amendment's main purpose is to protect a personal right of self defense against criminals which is why the Founding Fathers of America decided to make this very clear by beginning the Second Amendment by talking about a well regulated militia.
24. In United States v. Miller the Supreme Court recognized that the "possession or use" of a weapon must be reasonably related to a well regulated miltia to enjoy second amendment protection. That's why there is an individual right to own any military weapon whether or not its possession or use is related to militia activity.
25. In United States v. Miller, the Supreme Court stated that the Second Amendment must be interpreted with the militia end in view.
26. Assault weapons crime decreased after the passage of the 1994 Federal Assault Weapons Ban. Gun crime went down the most in states that didn't previously have their own ban on assault weapons. That's why the ban was ineffective.
27. There is much more gun violence in the US than other industrialized nations, but it's better to face an armed criminal.
28. Chanting a lie over and over again will somehow make it come true.
29. Protecting the gun industry from lawsuits has been one of the main priorities of the NRA because we all know that criminal gun dealers who sell firearms to child killers are model citizens.
30. Most murders in the US are committed with guns, but killing is not the purpose of a gun.
Sign up to review this story.