Categories > Original > Drama

Setting The Scene.

by UnderwaterRainbow 1 review

Something I had to do for English. I tried to make it interesting, any thoughts?

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-11-08 - Updated: 2012-11-08 - 285 words

1Ambiance
So this is just something I wrote in my English lesson today. We had to describe a setting but without making it seem to obvious that we were setting a scene if you get me? So, how do you think I did?:P


The giant wooden door creaked heavily as Sam pushed it open, and slid through the small gap he had created. Immediately he covered his eyes as the bright light in the room nearly blinded him. It was an extreme contrast to the dark and dusty corridors outside, lit only by very few flickering candles. Once his eyes had adjusted, he realised there was a powerful smell of musk and beer in the room, so strong it was almost overwhelming. Sam moved into the room fully, his bare feet scraping along the polished floor before hitting a large plush rug. Looking around he could see that the room was rather plain and had little furniture. But the extraordinary thing about the room was the ceiling, which was made entirely out of glass. The many different colours and patterns swirled together, making it look as though it was constantly changing. It had many intricate designs, and depicted many difference scenes; a poor girl selling flowers, soldiers fighting in a battle, a circus act with elephants. Sam was so intrigued by this, that he did not see another figure entering the room.
"Ahh, Samuel" the voice boomed as Sam spun around. "It's time for us to have a little chat."


And I totally didn't base Sam on Sam Carter from Architects..... Okay maybe I did.

anyone waiting for my Warped Tour fic? Sorry, it'll be up soon, I've just been a bit busy.

Minnie xo
Sign up to rate and review this story