Categories > Original > Poetry

In Memory Of

by toxic_revenge 0 reviews

A tiny poem I wrote this morning in memory of my amazing who died a year a go last June-July.

Category: Poetry - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-11-11 - Updated: 2012-11-11 - 193 words

0Unrated
My Uncle Johnny was an amazing guy and I didn't truly realise till after his sudden death. Cause still unknown. He used to scare me stupid as a kid, jumping out all the time, telling me ghost stories until I cried and was too scared to move or sleep. Making me watch horror films and listen to the Beatles, Oasis and other music he loved. Yeah, he sounds like an douche and for a while I kinda thought he was but then I over my Pop music face and I grew up and started to love rock music and horror. I used to hang out with him in his room listening to different bands I'd never head of and swap horror movie plots and funny stories about his sister, my mother. So this is a tiny poem that came int my head like 5 minutes ago. If you've read all this then I salute you.

It is only now that you are gone, I miss you.
It is only now you are gone, I know I love you.
It is only now that you are dead I wish I had told you I cared.
Sign up to rate and review this story