Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Some nights, lover of the light, we are young.

The only Difference between Martyrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage

by Kaleidoscope_Eyes17 1 review

"Why did you set me up on a blind date?"

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2012-11-14 - Updated: 2012-11-16 - 1020 words

0Unrated
“KAITLYN, OH MY GOD!! I HAVEN’T SEEN YOU ALL SUMMER; I’VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!! I run towards her down B hall where she’s waiting for me, wearing a black FOB t-shirt, gray leggings, and converse. Kaitlyn and I haven’t seen each other all summer, I mean sure we've texted like 24/7, but she was always working at Smoothie Hut full time to help support her and her mom, and when she had time off, I was working at the local veterinarian clinic. Well, I wouldn't call it “working” more like volunteering.

“Hey, Nicolle, I've missed you too. How was your summer?” She asked me, swaying back and forth, looking like she was very anxious to see something, or someone.

“It was good, you know, just volunteered at the vet like I always do, every year. Oh, and I got a new dog! What about you? How was your summer?” I asked, but she never answered. Actually, I don’t even think she was paying attention to a single word I was saying. She was just looking around.

So I finally asked, “What the hell are you looking for, or who exactly are you looking for?”

She still wasn't looking at me, “The new guys.” She simply said.

“And how did you know about the new guys…on the first day of school?” I asked, a little irritated.

She rolled her eyes, “Oh come one, it’s me you’re talking to. I know everything that goes on in this school.” She stated matter-of-factly.

“Alright, I’ll give you that. So, how many guys? What are their names?” I pressed. She looked at me with the most serious look I’ve ever seen on her face.

She sighed, “There are three, and the oldest is a sophomore. His name is George Ross III, but he doesn’t like to be called George, so he goes by Ryan. The other two are freshmen, and their names are Spencer Smith, and Brendon Urie.” She said Brendon’s name like he was a gift sent from God himself, bound to this Earth to be with her. Her eyes got wide; the gold and orange eye shadow she was wearing made her eyes just pop.

“So, I’m guessing you’ve already met Brendon before?” I asked.

She grinned, “OH MY GOSH, YES! He just started working at Smoothie Hut, and I’m training him. He sings, and plays the guitar and piano. His eyes sparkle like stars in the night sky. And he eventually asked me out on a date. Of course I said yes, but only if you could come and he’d hook you up with one of his friends and-“

“Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait…” I said, interrupting her as quickly as possible. “Why did you set me up on a blind date…?” I asked it in such a way that it made her smile turn into a doleful scowl.

She looked down, “I just thought that you should at least be with someone for a change. I mean, it’s been what? Two years since Josh. Don’t you think you should get back into the game?”

I sighed, exasperated, “Since when was dating a game? I mean, yeah, I guess you’re right, but I am over Josh. I’ve been over him for a little over a year.” I stated.

“Yeah, I know.” She frowned. “But I just want you to be happy…you’ve been so depressed lately.” She said

“I haven’t been depressed. I’ve just had so much damn stuff to do, that I can’t think straight.” I said.

She holds her stare on me like she wants me to continue talking, like what I said wasn’t good enough for her. I finally gave in. I mean, it’s kind of hard to say no to Kaitlyn. She just has a way to get you to do whatever she wants, but that’s what I love about her.

I rolled my eyes, “Fine, I’ll go on your stupid little date, but I don’t want you to be all giddy and agitated when we go out. Where are we going, anyways?” I asked. She smiles, but doesn’t answer me; she just shoves past me and runs over to the dark haired boy with eyes that actually do sparkle like stars in the night sky, and gives him the biggest hug in the world. Hell, I thought he was going to pass out, because it looked like he couldn't breathe, but I know how she is. She’s like the biggest hugger ever. When they finally pull away he gives her a small kiss on the cheek, well, more like a peck.

There was also another boy with him. He was tall, very skinny, and you couldn’t really make out any of his facial features, except for his lip, because his dark brown hair was covering most of his face. The only thing I could make out was his expression, and I don’t think he was too happy just standing there watching Kaitlyn and Brendon flirt with each other. Well, at least I hope that’s Brendon. After he kisses her, yet again, on the cheek, she turns to me and introduces me to Brendon. We shake hands and say our hellos, and then Brendon introduces the dark haired boy to me and Kaitlyn.

He smiles “Kaitlyn, Nicolle, this is my best friend in the whole wide world, Ryan Ross.”

“Hi, Ryan.” Kaitlyn and I say simultaneously, looking towards one another, smirking.

After all of the introductions, Kaitlyn pretty much ditches me, and Brendon does the same to Ryan, so he can walk her to her next class so they wouldn’t be late. It left Ryan and I just standing in the hallway, awkwardly looking at each other.

So I try to break the ice, “So, do you need any help finding your classes? I would be more than happy to help.” I asked him. But he just looked at me, and walked away.
Sign up to rate and review this story