Categories > Books > Outsiders > One Summer Dream

Chapter 24

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: Outsiders - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-11-17 - Updated: 2012-11-17 - 570 words

0Unrated
Ponyboy woke up the next day to the sound of television blasting in the living room and then the smoke detector going off.

'If a fire starts in the house I'm gonna kill Two-Bit' Pony thought as he got out of bed.

He walked out of the room and once he got to the kitchen grabbed a dish rag from the sink and started waving it rapidly at the detector until it stopped beeping. He then turned around and saw on the stove a pan with burned bacon in it.

Sighing heavily, he took it off the stove and turned it off as he put the pan in the sink.

"Two-Bit, where the hell are you!?"

When no one answered he turned the corner and walked into the living room and saw Two-Bit laying on the couch watching the t.v.

"You could have started a fire, you idiot!" Pony yelled as he threw the rag at him, surprising the other boy.

"Oh." Two-Bit said as he looked like he now remembered while sitting up. "Where's the bacon?"

"Burnt."

"Damn...no breakfast now."

Then suddenly the screen door was thrown open as Sodapop came running in, looking a little out of breath.

"And where were you when Two-Bit decided to start cooking?" Pony demanded.

Before he could respond, Steve came rushing in behind him and tackled him to the floor. Pony stepped back as the two rolled across the floor, grapling and trying to put each other in wrestling holds.

"You know Two-Bit could have burned the house down trying to cook breakfast." He continued.

"I got a little distracted." Two-Bit spoke up as he still wouldn't take his eyes off the screen.

Soda then got Steve in a headlock.

"A little busy here, Pony." Soda grunted.

Ponyboy sighed as he continued to look at the two wrestling teens and then smirked as he got an idea.

"I get winner."

That made Soda freeze in surprise which allowed Steve to flip him over and pin him to the floor.

"Hey that wasn't fair." Soda complained as Steve got up. "You distracted me, Pony."

"Always watch your back, Soda." Ponyboy grinned. "First rule of defense."

Just after he said that Steve grabbed Ponyboy's wrist and pulled him to the floor and sat on his stomach.

"I win." Steve grinned.

"That wasn't fair." Pony snapped as he struggled under the other boy.

"What? You said you wanted the winner."

After he said that, Soda then tackled him off his little brother. Ponyboy wrapped his arm around Steve's neck while Soda twisted his ankle.

"Holler uncle." Soda said while twisting Steve's foot further, making him yell out in pain.

After Steve gave up, the Curtis brothers got off him.

"So what are we going to do today?" Soda asked.

Ponyboy then looked over at Two-Bit and finally noticed that he was watching some kind of woman's work out program that he refused to look away from.

"I don't want to spend the day with him." Ponyboy said as he rolled his eyes.

"Fine, come with us to the DX."

Ponyboy expected Steve to make a face because he normally didn't like the idea of him coming along, but this time he didn't seem to mind.

"Come on, let's go." Soda said as he grabbed his hat and led the way as he threw the screen door open, Ponyboy and Steve right behind him.
Sign up to rate and review this story