Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If Frank Iero Had A Death Note...

Chapter 1

by hostilecookie 4 reviews

" "Dead serious, Gerard. Hey, I said DEAD serious. Heh. I could be a comedian, couldn’t I?" Frank wiped his mouth with the back of his tattooed hand and slowly flicking a bit of his long black fr...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-11-24 - Updated: 2012-11-28 - 938 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Tell me you're joking." I was sitting at the local bar across from Frank Iero, my long-time friend.

"Dead serious, Gerard. Hey, I said DEAD serious. Heh. I could be a comedian, couldn’t I?" Frank wiped his mouth with the back of his tattooed hand and slowly flicking a bit of his long black fringe behind his ear. To say he was tipsy was an understatement.

"Frank...okay. Reality check. There is no magic notebook that has mystical-killing-superpowers. Your step-father had a heart attack and you didn't cause his death by writing his name down in some random notebook you found outside your house. You're drunk." I was sitting with my arms folded with my long raven black hair tucked behind my ears.

Frank wasn't laughing anymore. "I'm being honest, Gerard!”

"You really believe this, don't you?" I was beginning to worry. Frank had always been a bit of an oddball, but he had never said something as crazy as this before. I glanced at my watch.

"Damn! I have to get home, sorry Frankie. Lyn-Z’s getting off of work and she'll be really annoyed if I'm not there with Bandit."

"Guess we better go ‘en.” Frank said. I remembered with a groan that he had left his car at my place. I threw a couple of notes on the bar and walked out with Frank.

Soon we were pulling up to my house. I hopped out of my car and Frank followed. He was clutching the notebook.

"She isn’t home yet, her car isn’t here. You better-"

"I gotta go to the toilet."

"Oh for crying out loud, Frankie..."

Frank ran past me and leaped into the bathroom. He left the notebook lying on the table so I started to flick through a few pages.

The toilet flushed and Frank came up to me.

"Listen Gee," he said. "Everyone knows what a control freak that wife of yours is. Hell, you complain about her all the time! What kind of wife would give her husband such a hard time just for having a few drinks? I mean come on, running home all the time just to please her, like some little boy who's scared of his mum?"

I frowned. I didn't like the direction this was going in. "She wants me to be home for Bandit."

"That kid is nine years old! She doesn't need you there every minute of every day. You know, you should get rid of her… for Bandit’s sake too.”

"Leave my daughter out of this." I said harshly. I loved my daughter. I hated my wife, but I loved my daughter.

"Listen Gerard- divorce her, and you'll be paying child support forever, not to mention she'll get half of everything. Those lawyers can bleed you dry! Just write her name in the notebook like I did. Easy as anything."

"Frank you can’t be-" I said but Frank quickly interrupted me.

“If it worked, your life would be a whole lot better than it is now and it would also make things better for Bandit, your daughter, the apple of your eye!” Frank said, over dramatically.

I paused for a moment. "So if I write a person's name down, they die?"

"Uh-huh."

“But Frank… she’s my wife, the woman who is the mother of the most precious thing in the world to me, Bandit, and she’s the woman who I love.”

Frank sighed and ran a hand through his messy black hair. “Look Gee, you don’t love her, admit it. All you do is complain about her… You’re better off without her.”

“But what about Bandit? She’s only nine… what could I say to her?” My eyes were now starting to fill up with tears. The thought of killing my wife wasn’t what was making me cry, it was the effect it would have on Bandit.

Frank sighed and held his hands up, giving up. “Fine… I’ll just leave this here so you can make your own mind up about things but seriously Gee, if you want to make things better… this is the only way to do it. ” He then left the room and closed the door behind him.

“Wait! Frankie?!” I jumped out of the dining chair I was sitting in and quickly opened the door. Frank had only taken a few steps into the hall way and started to turn round slowly.

“Okay… I’ll do it.”

Frank then slapped me on the back, grinning.

"Come on then, Gee!" he said, leading me into the kitchen.

"Sure. You should probably leave before she comes home-"

I stopped.

He looked at me, and we both burst out laughing.

"Okay," Frank said sheepishly, and we walked into the kitchen.

I looked up and froze. Bandit was standing by the table, notebook in hand. There were tears in her eyes, and I realized she'd heard the entire conversation. She was holding a ballpoint pen in the other hand and was shaking.

"Bandit," I said. "Oh honey..."

"You're going to kill mummy?"

I couldn't speak.

Tears were flowing down her cheeks. "I'm sorry, daddy."

She wrote something down in the book.

"Honey," I started, then stopped as I felt a pain in my heart.

----------------------------------------------

The author here! :D So, just to say I have nothing against Lyn-Z (she is a fucking amazing person ^^) and Bandit is just to adorable to hate xD If people think I should continue the story I will but if not, this will just be left as a one shot soooo... goodbye killjoys, hope you enjoyed :)
Sign up to rate and review this story