Categories > Original > Romance > Is Anybody Listening?

2

by thesynysterrev 0 reviews

Part 2

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-11-25 - Updated: 2012-11-25 - 883 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2

I'm not sure why I loved coming here so much. I suppose it was because no one else knew it was here. This was my place, no one else's. It was no wonder that no one knew about this place. The old, abandoned factory hadn't been used in decades. The plants and shrubbery around it was long overgrown and nicely hid the factory from view. If you didn't know it was there, you wouldn't find it. To everyone else it was an overgrown forest, to me, it was a sanctuary.

I'd never used the actual front door to get into this place. Due to the age of the building, the door handle was far too fragile to even try to move. Instead, I used a more adventurous entrance. At the back of the factory, in the 'back garden', I had found a trap door hidden in the grass. I had stumbled across it one day when I had tripped over what I had thought was a loose branch, but instead was a small handle which opened the trap door. It was easy to get in and no one would be able to tell that the factory had been disturbed.

Pulling the handle back, I climbed down the stairs under the trap door. I had no idea why a factory would need a trap door, but I'd never really thought about it, I was just glad it was there. Thankfully, they had built the underground passage as a fairly roomy way in. I could comfortably fit inside these corridors and didn't have to worry about getting stuck. Lighting the little lantern I kept inside the door, I followed the corridor up into the main part of the factory, and then proceeded to light all of the candles I had dotted around the room.

It started to feel more homely now. I had brought a few things from my house to make this place more my own. There was a small red bean bag that I had smuggled in one day, along with a few books, pens, papers, plus other writing and drawing equipment. Slipping my hoody from my shoulders and letting it drop to the floor, I snuggled down into the bean bag with my book in hand. I read the familiar words in front of my eyes.

This book was my favourite, which is probably why I had read it over twenty times. My eyes skimmed the words, not needing to take them all in, already nearly knowing them by heart. I wasn’t sure how long I had sat there, already finishing the fourth chapter of the book. Many of the candles had already dimmed and a few had even flickered out. Pulling my phone from out my back pocket, I flicked it open to look at the time.

My heart stopped. The digits showed it was way past six. I nearly fell backwards out of the bean bag, as I scrambled to collect my belongings. My parents were going to go mad. Even though I had a good relationship with them, if they had found out I had ditched school again, I would be in a lot of trouble. Since they had already caught me ditching twice, I was on my third strike. If they caught me again, I could consider my ass grounded.

I froze. What was the point in me rushing? Why did I really need to get home quickly? If I got caught ditching, and was grounded, what would it change exactly? I never went out anyway. The only time I ever left my house was to go to school or work. There was no other reason to leave. I had no friends or boyfriend to go and see. It was pathetic. I was pathetic. Slumping down to the floor, I buried my face in my hands. The silent tears left trails down my cheeks. Wiping the tears away, I stood up thinking my emotions had passed, when another wave of emotion flew over me. This time the anger built up inside of my body, before bursting out of me.

My hands began to shake, as my breathing quickened. I stretched my fingers out before tightening them into a fist. My body span round as I landed a fist into the wall behind me. A loud roar erupted from my throat, as I grabbed the small stool on the floor next to me, and launched it at the wall. The wood splintered as the wooden pieces fell to the floor.

I collapsed onto the floor and curled up into a ball, feeling the rage escaped my body. Just the pain and hurt remained now. I was shaking as I rocked my body forwards and backwards trying to calm myself down. My tears appeared again, and began a steady flow, staining my now red and puffy cheeks. I couldn’t leave this place now. I didn’t want to. Right now, I was better off alone and that’s how I was going to stay. Out of the way of my family, I could only do damage to myself and no one else. My parents didn’t need to know the pain I was feeling right now, and I had no intention of letting them find out either.
Sign up to rate and review this story