Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The End-Shift Ultamatum

section two: the pressure shift

by sanguineus 0 reviews

The loser and the unretrievable.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Naruto, Sasuke - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-07-21 - Updated: 2006-07-21 - 244 words

1Moving
It was different before they found him again. Naruto does not understand why Sasuke leaves; he can never get a firm grip on the dark pile of bitterness and hatred that curls slick and cool around Sasuke's heart, and anyway he only ever kept the real fire as deep within himself as he could. The closest Naruto could get to him was the thick black coating of oil; after all, you can't get through to someone if they are standing just above at the murder-holes, shooting you down before you even touch the drawbridge.

But Naruto can make it as simple as he pleases-anything to keep him going-and he can make it a standard case of search-and-retrieve. He doesn't even see it as saving Sasuke, really.

He just wants him back.

And then he sees him for himself.

And it is awful.

Because Sasuke looks at him and that dark something of Naruto's is flaring up again, because Sasuke is hurting him-it is painful, it is terrifying, and it is torture to see the eyes of someone you love and not see even a piece of yourself in them.

This is what happens.

It goes from Sasuke always saving him, to Sasuke killing him to Sasuke looking at him like he is nothing anymore.

And then leaving again.

And all Naruto can do is double over and sob, and lose himself even as Sakura tells him not to cry. Even as she cries herself.
Sign up to rate and review this story