Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Star crossed love #35

by bulletproofheart44 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-12-15 - Updated: 2012-12-15 - 1657 words - Complete

1Ambiance
I didn’t sleep last night. The hurt face of Gerard keeps popping into my head, I kept thinking of how much I missed him, how those feelings came back with a firey vengeance . I can’t let myself think like this, live like this. I have to move on. Just when I thought I was going to be okay, he comes back again. Now the question is, will he leave? God I hope so
I arrive at the clinic sluggishly walking up to the front door. I clutch my coffee in my hand and take a sip letting the warm liquid travel my body. I pull out the keys and unlock the door. I am the first one here today. I go about my daily routine. Check on the animals, clean cages and prepare for any surgeries I have to do for the day. I am in the lab area of the hospital running a blood test when I hear the front door open. I hear a few more steps and the door to the lab opens. I turn around and see it is one of my good vet friends Candice. She is very small, and skinny. Her brown hair barely falls down on her shoulders. She grips her coffee and takes a sip and lets out a groan.
“Is it Friday yet?!” She complains. I laugh.
“Nope” I finish filling out the test results and turn to her again. She is pulling some blood tubes down from the very top shelf.
“I am going to run some test on that sick horse we have out there, I think he might have heart worms…” she says sadly. I frown. She finally looks up at me and gasps.
“Jo! You look like hell, what’s wrong?!” She asks concerned. I can’t look that bad?
“Just didn’t sleep well last night” I say turning my attention back to the medical record.
“I’ll say. Sheesh! Good thing today is your half day” She mentions. Crap! It is. I can’t go back home today I’ll lose it!
“No, I am staying the full day. I need to keep my mind busy” I say finishing writing in the medical record.
“You over work yourself ya know?”
“Yeah, Yeah, Yeah” I say walking out of the lab area and up to the lobby area.
I see Chaeli sitting behind her desk typing away again. Once she sees me she smiles and goes over towards the coffee maker. She pours a glass and hands it to me. I smile at her and gladly take a sip.
“Thanks” I say
“You’re welcome, you look like you need it” I roll my eyes again. I can’t look that bad, I put a bunch of make up on this morning.
“Dr.Retorio….are you okay?” Chaeli asks. I look up at her, and she fidgets nervously with her hands. I honestly don’t know how to answer this.
“I….I am just really tired” I honestly say. She nods and looks back to her computer screen. “I am going to be in my office going over the paper work for that pig, let me know if anyone needs me” I say walking into my office and sitting down. I start typing away on my computer when not even 30 minutes later I hear yelling coming from the lobby area.
“Sir you need to leave! I told you before you are not allowed here!” Chaeli yells.
“ I just want to look at the damn cats!” I hear a familiar voice yell back. It is Gerard. I gulp and feel my chest tighten. Why wont he go away?!
“You need to leave now or I will call the cops!” Chaeli yells back.
“Why what are you going to say? ‘There is a guy here who wants to look at adopting a cat?’ what fucking law am I breaking?!” he yells again.
“Sir you have 10 seconds to leave before I dial 911…..10…..9…….8……7……6……5…….4……3….”
Before she can finish I run out into the lobby, Chaeli looks at me shocked.
“I’ll take it from here, thank you for being concerned” I tell her. Chaeli’s face is red with anger. She just nods and sits back down in her chair. I walk over to Gerard and glare at him. The electricity is still there, and his eyes……are just so hypnotizing. I shake my head.
“This way sir” I say walking down the hallway towards the cats. It is silent, and it isn’t until we come to a dead end that I sharply turn around and glare at him more.
“If looks could kill” He says in a snarky tone.
“What the hell are you doing here?!” I hiss.
“I am looking to adopt a cat, since you stole mine” he says in a sassy tone.
“You wouldn’t have taken care of him any way”-Me
“Oh really?! How so?!”- Gerard
“ Being on tour? Only giving him a tiny space of a tour bus to live. Not good living conditions and I wasn’t about to put him in shelter where he would be killed”-Me
“Fair enough.”-Gerard
“Here are the cats, pick one you like and LEAVE” I say walking away from him, when he puts his arm on me pulling me back. My whole arm goes numb and I can’t feel my legs.
“Let me go Gerard.” I say pulling my arm away sharply. He has a hurt look on his face.
“You’re not going to inform me of any of these cats here?” he asks.
“All there information is written on the signs below them” I say pointing to one.
“I see…” he says walking up to the glass. I roll my eyes and stomp away from him, when he calls after me.
“Johanna!” I stop in my tracks and my heart skips. Just hearing him say my name again. I slowly and reluctantly turn around and walk back towards him.
“What!” I snap. He gets another sad look.
“Geese. Calm down. I was just going to ask if you would possible want to go to lunch with me?” He asks innocently.
“My fucking God Gerard will you give up?! And leave me alone?!” –Me
“I’ve been wanting to talk to you for almost four fucking years, now that I’ve found you, no I wont give up. I want to talk civilly with you.” He says sternly.
“What is there to talk about?! NOTHING. Move on Gerard, I have.” I lie. Gerard lets out a sarcastic laugh. I give him a scowl.
“You’re talking about that preppy lawyer guy? Really?! Wow. Okay. But seriously, lunch?” He asks seriously.
“No” I quickly say back.
“What if I told you that if you had just this one lunch with me and explain things, I’ll never talk to you again?”
“ What is there to explain Gerard?! NOTHING! So therefor no lunch, leave me alone!” I demand.
“Nothing to explain?! How about the fact that you left me a note on our front door leaving me?! No real good explanation!” he fires back. I am taken back by this and then I start to think.
“Fine, one lunch and that is it and I want you out of here!” I tell him and I walk away. I turn a corner and see Candice standing there with a guilty look on her face
“Were you just ease dropping on me?!” I scold. She just shrugs.
“Yeah, but not like you were trying to be private about it” she points out. I roll my eyes when I realize she is right.
“Lab, now” I say pulling her into the lab area. She just laughs.
“So that was an ex I am assuming? And the reason you left N.J?” Candice asks. I just nod.
“Well he obviously still has a thing for you and you for him” She says pulling out some chap stick and putting it on.
“What are you talking about?! I feel nothing for him!” I deny.
“Bahaha. What ever helps you sleep at night. But all I am sayin, is there is something there, anyone with eyes could see that” She puts the lid back on her chap stick and shoves it into the pocket of her green scrubs and then says, “Listen, I’ve been there done that. Trying to avoid crazy ex boyfriends. The best piece of advice I can give you is stay real to you girl. Whatever reason you left him for I am sure was a decent reason THEN, but is it a decent reason now?”
I just stand there and stare at her trying to take in what she just said, and I realize I don’t know if my reasoning I did back then, is a good reasoning now. Damn it!
“Well while you take that in, I’m going to run my blood work” She turn around and faces a machine and starts punching stuff into it. I silently walk out of the room and back into my office. I lay my head on my desk, when I hear a soft knock I look up and see Chaeli standing there.
“Dr. Retorio that man left you this on his way out.” She walks over my desk and hands me a piece of paper. I raise an eyebrow and unfold the white piece of paper. It reads,
“Thanks for storming off, meet me at this café at noon.” And at the bottom is the little monkey he always used to draw for me. I smile, and once I catch myself I stop and look up at Chaeli. I nod and she walks out of the room. I place my head back on my desk and say a silent prayer.

“Dear God, please, please, PLEASE, help me get through this. I don’t know if I have the strength”
Sign up to rate and review this story