Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Heart can Only Break so Much

The Definition of Skinny Love

by tmbfucks 6 reviews

When two people love each other but are too shy to admit it, yet they still show it.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-12-15 - Updated: 2012-12-15 - 1631 words

0Unrated
4 Days Later

I ran to LynZ and Gerard’s room as soon as I got up, because there was something I needed to ask them. They groaned and turned but I woke them up anyway.

‘Guys, so because it’s Zeke’s last full day over here, I was wondering if we were allowed to go out to eat or something and just have a day together?’ I asked. ‘Great. You’re the best.’ I said without waiting for an answer. I turned to leave the room.

‘Wait right there.’ LynZ said in authority and I had to obey. I turned around to face her.

‘Yes?’ I asked hopefully.

‘No. You both have no clue where you’re going, you’re new to the area, and knowing you, you’ll run off and come home with some sort of endangered animal and someone it can mate with.’ LynZ said.

‘What’s wrong with me caring for the environment and the things that live there?’ I asked sarcastically.

‘Oh just let her go.’ Gerard moaned tiredly.

‘Gerard?’ LynZ said angrily and in disbelief.

‘Don’t worry. Nothing bad will happen to them. They’re old enough to look after themselves. Besides…’ Gerard started before whispering into her ear. She started giggling I cringed.

‘You guys sicken me. Anyway, can we go? Please.’ I begged.

‘Fine. Go if you want to, but keep your phone with you at all times and wear a rape alarm and get some pepper spray.’ LynZ said.

‘You can’t tell me what to do. You’re not my real mum.’ I joked. She looked at me obviously annoyed. ‘I was kidding. I’ll take my phone though.’ I said. I ran out of the room, snatched my coat and packed handbag, and Zeke and I ran out the door giggling.

‘So, where do you want to go?’ He asked.

‘Anywhere, but I am kinda hungry though. Let’s go get pancakes.’ I suggested. He rolled his eyes smiling, but we went there anyway.

‘So, what do you want?’

‘I’ll have a chocolate spread pancake.’ I answered. He stared at me weirdly. ‘What?’

‘Seriously? For breakfast, and for food?’ He asked.

‘You ate animal balls before. You are in no place to judge my eating habits.’ I argued. He giggled again and he paid for our breakfast.

‘So, when I go, what’re you going to do around here? Are you going to school here or something?’ He asked taking a big bite out of his food. I shrugged.

‘I don’t know. I don’t feel exactly right here, but I know that going back would be even worse. Besides, I’m with My Chemical Romance. They guys who saved my life. I’m with my mum and my two amazing sisters. I love them to pieces. I will miss you guys though.’ I said sadly.

‘I’ll miss you more, but we’ll still keep in touch, and today is going to be the best day of your life.’ He said.

‘How?’ I asked.

‘Because I’m here. Everything so much fun when I’m here darling.’ He said in a fake camp voice. I laughed. I love it when he does that.

‘So, where do you want to go?’ I asked.

‘We could go to the park and then go to the diner for lunch after.’ He answered. I gave him a sceptical look.

‘How do you know so much about this area?’ I asked.

‘You’ll find out soon enough, now, let’s go.’ He said when we finished. He took my hand and we ran to the park. I had no clue where we were going, but apparently he did. We managed to make our way to the playground area in the park, and we went on the swings. I ran straight to them and almost fell over while doing so. Zeke just laughed at me. Once I started swinging, my long, straight, chestnut brown hair started flowing in the wind, but my fringe almost got into my green eyes.

‘You’re crazy Penina.’ He said while sitting on the swing next to me.

‘Yeah, but don’t pretend you don’t love it.’ I said. He just stayed silent while swinging. ‘I don’t want you to leave tomorrow.’ I stated.

‘I don’t want to either, but I have to. Besides, I kinda miss my mum.’ He said.

‘I miss my family.’ I said.

‘You know you’ll see them again one day. Trust me. This sort of thing doesn’t happen without a good ending.’ He told me.

‘Like you would know. Has your mother ever slapped you across the face for wanting to know your real mother?’ I asked.

‘No, but she gets really angry at me all the time.’ He answered. ‘But I know she’ll never stop loving me, although sometimes her love for me can be overbearing, but I still love her. I know she still loves you. She’s just angry.’ He said. I smiled. For the next few hours we stayed in the park and played around. There were some people with dogs, and one ran up to us so I started hugging it, and it licked my face which made both Zeke and I giggle until the owner of the dog came running up to us and shouting at us. Zeke took my hand and we ran to the diner to have our lunch.

‘That was crazy. I bet I won’t be allowed to go to that park again.’ I told him.

‘It’s not that bad. I doubt he goes there all the time. Besides, you were just hugging the animal. It’s not your fault you’re caring.’ He said. We ordered two burgers with chips.

‘Why do they call them French Fries and not chips over here? I mean, the potatoes are chipped. They have nothing to do with France.’ I asked.

‘Why do you think of this stuff?’ He asked. I shrugged.

‘Don’t ask me. That’s my job.’ I joked. He laughed. Then he looked slightly nervous. ‘Is everything okay?’ I asked.

‘Yeah. When two people love each other but are too shy to admit it, yet they still show it. What’s the word for that?’ He asked. I looked at him in confusion.

‘Skinny love.’ I answered matter-of-factly.

‘Right. Well, I think I have that with someone.’ He said. My heart started beating so loudly in my chest. I was so sure it was visible. Like I was in a cartoon. He clearly doesn’t mean me though. Why would he? I’m the crazy attention-seeking girl.

‘Oh. Who?’ I asked.

‘Well, I think she knows it. If not I’m going to make sure she does.’ He said.

‘That still doesn’t answer my question.’ I told him.

‘You’re clearly as blind as the day you were born.’ He said.

‘That’s not my fault! My Mum said I was squashed in the womb and… oh.’ I said looking at him in realisation. ‘Me?’

‘Of course it’s you. You’re the most loveable idiot ever.’ He said kissing me over the small table. I smiled into it and hugged him.

‘You’re a bigger idiot.’ I said when we pulled back. ‘But yeah, it is skinny love.’ I said to him. He giggled.

‘Good. So, if I say it, will you say it back?’ He asked. I nodded my head. ‘Okay then. Penina, I love you.’ He said. I smiled so wide I thought my face was bleeding. That’s the most amazing thing that’s ever come out of this discovery.

‘Well Zeke, it just so happens that I love you too.’ I said before kissing him again. I really did love him, and it’s the most amazing feeling that he loves me back. Maybe I can finally get over Frank, although I doubt that will happen soon, but gradually. Now I can finally get back on the track of normality.

Hi guys! First of all, I really want to talk about what happened in Connecticut. It was the first time I ever cried at news like that. Don't get me wrong, all the other times I felt awful and I prayed it wouldn't happen again, but since the 6 year old in my school started, I've basically loved him so much. I don't know if it's the way a parent feels about their child, but if it is, I can't wait even more to have one. He's basically the reason why I want kids. Yesterday he said his thumbs hurt, so he put them near my face and asked me to kiss them better. Then I was playing a game on my phone and he wanted to see what I was doing, so I showed him, and he sat on my lap and started playing himself. He then went off that game and went on all my other games. I love him so much, and I really hate that this has happened. I hope all those kids and teachers are happy now. Secondly, yesterday, this dickhead in my school sang the word "Tragedy." so obviously, I said "That's what your mum said when you were born." He just looked at me evilly and walked out of the room. Haha. Also, me and my brother were play fighting, and he said "I will kill everyone you love!" So I told him that I loved him. Haha. :D Anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter. I'm sorry I haven't updated any of my stories in the past couple of days. I was busy and tired, but I hope this was alright for you. Rate and review please! :D xx
Sign up to rate and review this story