Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Bridge To Terebithia

Gerard's eyes popped open as the sun rised. Him and his Father were the only ones awake. Gerard opened his curtains and watched his Dad drive away. Then he reached for his tatty old sneakers that were practically falling apart and slipped them on. He was already dressed and ready to prepare for the day he'd been waiting for. First day back at school. Meaning races day.

He knew he was the fastest person in the class but that didn't stop him waking up early to go for a long run that morning. It was the only thing that brightened his day.

He left the house and ran right down the lane, over the hills and out through the meadows. Every bad thought left his mind and he just focused on going faster, going further than the day before. Then he turned around and started running home, a smile on his face. He was gonna win that race at school today.

He made it back home and found his Dad still wasn't back. That didn't matter. His Dad didn't seem to like him anyway. Gerard took a seat on a stole outside the house and pulled off his sneakers then carried them inside the house to put them down. He went into the kitchen and found his sisters all sitting at the table having breakfast. They were arguing again as usual "Becca, where's your cereal bowl?"

"I'm not hungry."

"You need to eat something."

"I'm not hungry, Mom."

Gerard rolled his eyes and sat down, his mind only focused on the race. He knew normal kids always thought about seeing their friends on their first day back at school. But Gerard wasn't a normal kid. He didn't have any friends. No one seemed to like him at school. He didn't care. Whenever he felt lonely, he'd just draw something.

Becca poured some milk into her cereal bowl, to shut her Mom up and ended up spilling some of it on the table "Watch it Becca!" Skye snapped "Don't mess my clothes up! Bob Bryar's in my math class this year."

"Oh, did he flunk, too?" Becca teased.

"Shut up!" Skye cried.

"Hey!" Their Mom cried then turned her attention to Mia "Are you excited about your first day at school?" Mia nodded eagerly.

"Eww you stink!" Skye spat, turning her attention to Gerard "Mom, he stinks." Gerard paid no attention and watched an ant crawl across a table. Donna, their Mother, didn't pay attention either and talked to Mia about how cute Penina was "We have a rule, he's gotta shower before he eats with us."

"Stop picking on your brother." Donna said eventually.

Gerard stood up, went upstairs and took a long shower to get rid of the smell. The last thing he needed on his first day back at school was the kids making fun of him for smelling. They made fun of him enough as it was, he didn't need to give them an extra reason. Once he was done, he pulled on an old baggy tee-shirt and some long shorts before heading downstairs to put his only pair of sneakers on.

"Mia, here's your juice." Donna said, handing it to her.

"Thanks." Mia smiled.

Gerard glanced at her. He rememberd his first day at school when he was so excited about making new friends. Well he didn't make any. But it was okay for Mia. She already had friends who lived pretty nearby going to the same school as her. Gerard missed being Mia's age.

His eyes widened as he looked down at the floor where he'd left his sneakers. They weren't there. He went back into the kitchen "Okay, who hid my sneakers?"

"Gerard, you could hardly call them sneakers anymore." Donna sighed "I threw them out."

Gerard was outraged "What? Mom!"

"I'm sorry, but I will not send any child of mine to school looking like somo hobo. There's a perfectly good old pair of Becca's that I put out for you."

Gerard turned around and found the pair that she had gestured at. His jaw dropped. There was a pair of trainers that were pink and white with pink and white checkered shoe laces "These are girls' ones!"

Their Dad, Donald, walked into the house, talking about something at work. He walked over to Penina, kissed her cheek and then kissed Mia's cheek. He loved them two the most because they were his little girls. Then he noticed Gerard "What's the matter with you?"

"There's a big race today." Gerard muttered, not looking up at his Dad.

"And?"

"My sneakers."

"I've got a perfectly good pair for him to use." Donna told them.

"Yeah, these are girls' ones." Gerard replied as his Dad looked at them "I can't race in these."

"You couldn't race in your old ones either." Skye told him smugly.

Gerard glared at her "He needs some new sneakers, Donna." Donald told his wife. She sighed and pulled him to one side and started whispering to him about how they had money troubles now and things like that.

Gerard sighed. His first day back at school was going to be hell.



[A/N] - I hope you liked it so far? :) I'll probably update again tonight because I wanna introduce Crayon :D
Sign up to rate and review this story