Categories > Original > Horror

Newtown

by KilljoyOnFire 2 reviews

Please read.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-12-16 - Updated: 2012-12-17 - 459 words

0Unrated
As a few of you may know, I have a fanfiction on this website called I Never Told You What I Do For A Living. It's about a school shooting. I started writing it the day before the Colorado movie theater shooting. I had written a new chapter for it two days before the Newtown shooting. There's just too many coincidences with the story. I feel like something was trying to warn me... and the night before the Sandy Hook shooting, I had a dream that I was walking down the hallway at the elementary school I attended from kindergarten-mid second grade. It was dead silent, and nobody was in the hallways. I was slowly walking down one of the hallways, and I knew that there were children and teachers behind the doors. I could sense that they were scared, and it made me a little happy.

That was all that happened in the dream. Now I feel sick to my stomach. I feel like I could have done something to prevent this. I live across the country from Newtown, but I still feel somewhat guilty. I know it wasn't my fault, but still... On the bus ride home from school on Friday, I was crying on my friend Jacob's shoulder. We watched the president's address together on his phone as tears rolled down our faces. All I could picture were the motionless bodies of 6 and 7 year olds, bleeding profusely from bullet wounds. It made me feel sick.

I don't even know why I'm posting this... I just need something to put my emotion into. I have a 5 year old brother and a 3 year old sister. Every time I look at them, I see this innocence in their faces that I know the witnesses of the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting will never have again. I actually feel a little worse for the children who weren't shot. They will never forget that horrible day. They will always remember the gunshots, the screams of their teachers and friends.

Just... aghh. I'm angry beyond belief. I wish the fucker that did all this was alive so he could be sentenced and have to rot behind bars for the rest of his life. But no, he was selfish and shot himself. UGH. I really don't know how to finish this, so here's a list of the victims.

Remembering the names of the 27 children and adults killed on Dec. 14, 2012.

Charlotte Bacon, 6
Daniel Barden, 7
Olivia Engel, 6
Josephine Gay, 7
Ana Marquez-Greene, 6
Madeleine Hsu, 6
Dylan Hockley, 6
Catherine Hubbard, 6
Chase Kowalski, 7
Jesse Lewis, 6
James Mattioli, 6
Grace McDonnell, 7
Emilie Parker, 6
Jack Pinto, 6
Noah Pozner, 6
Caroline Previdi, 6
Jessica Rekos, 6
Avielle Richman, 6
Benjamin Wheeler, 6
Allison Wyatt, 6
Rachel D'Avino, 29
Dawn Hochsprung, 47
Nancy Lanza, 52
Anne Marie Murphy, 52
Lauren Rousseau, 30
Mary Sherlach, 56
Victoria Soto, 27
Sign up to rate and review this story