Categories > Original > Romance > Chimera

Good morning and Bothersome news

by Kristia 0 reviews

There are times for action and there are times for staying idle

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2012-12-16 - Updated: 2012-12-17 - 666 words

0Unrated
Chapter 7
Agood morning and bothersome news
The sunrise struck Diana´s eyes and the confused girl mumbled “Who turned the-“. But she couldn´t finish the question when she saw the chimera leaning on the window. Karou was in her improvised clothes trying to absorb everything that her eyes could reach, her tail moving with excitement and holding the window almost ready to fly away “Enjoying the view?” the human asked while stretching her arms. “It´s beautiful, the colors, the markets, the buildings” The chimera said amazed with every detail. ]“Well, get used to it, this is the safest place in the whole city”* the white haired human said.

Both girls seated by the living room, the wolf girl still looking at many things with infinite questions yet to be asked. [*“You know, you can ask me anything you want to know”
Diana said and after an hour of question and answers, the chimera finally stopped with a grumble on her stomach, “Let me get you something to eat” the human went to the kitchen and came back with some bread and cheese, the black-furred creature didn´t hesitate and started eating like there was no tomorrow. “Wow, it´s been a while since my belly felt so well” She said between bites. “Um… when was the last time you ate something?” Diana asked and when Karou swallowed the last piece of food, she answered. “Four days, I have been running for 4 days from the hunters” Seeing the confused human, she explained “Bromsmith and Freya were hunters from Zereth, part of the security and bounty hunters, when a citizen of the republic is suspected of any danger to the people, the council sends the hunters to capture or eliminate the treats” With that, Diana chuckled a bit, “Why are you laughing?” The chimera asked “Sorry, it’s kind of similar here, the king has the angels, a powerful army of flying soldiers which are always patrolling the streets”. Karou then understood and nodded.

After some explanations of the building´s surroundings Diana heard the bell on her door´s beam. “Quick, hide” She said fast and Karou quickly ran to the human´s bedroom, juast as the chimera got safe, Milo entered from the other door. “Good morning Diana, how was yo- what happened here?” That’s when Diana noticed that the apartment was a mess with the rotten clothes and bloodied bandages “Oh I fell from a tree while camping on the forest” The white haired girl said trying to persuade her friend, but he was a hard mountain to move. “Falling from a tree? That´s hard to believe coming from you, furthermore the scent of wild animals is strong, hm… an eagle and… a bear?” The brown-haired boy said looking for a bear or a bird. “Hey, if I have the chance, I can hunt some animals for money or food” Diana said with a serene face and luckily it worked. “All right, I just came here to warn you that the angels are searching for you so you won´t be able to get out of here for a while, I´ll take care of the outside stuff while the heat goes off” Milo said and Diana looked confused “Wait, they aren´t searching for you?” but the twin- dagger user shacked his head “Nope, you are the most wanted girl on the city, you should be proud of it” With that they both laughed.

Finally Milo excused himself and took his leave. Diana sighed in relief as Karou went through her hiding spot and asked “Who was that?” And the human answered “That´s Milo, he is a good friend of mine and with those news… we are stuck here” The wolf nodded and then looked at the bookshelf with curiosity. “Can I-“ The white haired nodded before the black haired one could finish the question. “Oh boy… this will be a long day” Diana said grabbing a book too.
Sign up to rate and review this story